A disturbing new low in politics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 09:41 AM
RE: A disturbing new low in politics
(12-05-2016 09:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Devil's advocate ---

Common sense tells you to not go about mixing volatile chemicals without knowing the likely outcome --- so --- the "author" of the spoof claims first amendment right to free speech as satire -- saying "A reasonable person would know better, and realize it's satire"....

Exactly.

Who would get prosecuted here anyways the originator of the meme? How about those who shared it thinking it was funny?

I would be interested if anyone here might know of any cases similar that might serve as precedent, I don't know of any personally.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/18/tech/s...g-arrests/

Quote:One expert told CNN that anything posted online is material the government can use as evidence to arrest and charge a person.
"In criminal cases, almost all evidence is discoverable and police can obtain the evidence," said Bradley Shear, a Washington-area lawyer specializing in social media law. "It's just a matter of what hoops they have to jump through."
The government can subpoena deleted content from social media companies, as a judge did from Twitter for a case involving an Occupy New York protester in July 2012. But sometimes, law enforcement doesn't have to jump through any hoops to collect potentially incriminating evidence -- they just have to click around online.
"It's like that old saying," said professor Susan Rozelle, who teaches evidence and criminal law at Stetson University College of Law in Gulfport, Florida. "Don't put anything on your Facebook page you wouldn't tell your mother, or the local police department.

There's your answer. Learn to use google FFS.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-05-2016, 10:28 AM
(12-05-2016 08:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Devil's advocate ---

Common sense tells you to not go about mixing volatile chemicals without knowing the likely outcome --- so --- the "author" of the spoof claims first amendment right to free speech as satire -- saying "A reasonable person would know better, and realize it's satire"....

Unless you're claiming that Bernie's constituency is somehow lower in intelligence and/or common sense.......................(which the author seems to be doing)

And if kids do it?

Playing "the kid card", eh???

The kids I know tend to be more computer/net savvy than most adults..... I don't know any kids that wouldn't fact check something like that, before trying it themselves..................... I'd more likely suspect my Brother-in-law to do some bonehead shit like that, than my nephew.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-05-2016, 11:15 AM
(12-05-2016 09:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 09:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Exactly.

Who would get prosecuted here anyways the originator of the meme? How about those who shared it thinking it was funny?

I would be interested if anyone here might know of any cases similar that might serve as precedent, I don't know of any personally.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/18/tech/s...g-arrests/

Quote:One expert told CNN that anything posted online is material the government can use as evidence to arrest and charge a person.
"In criminal cases, almost all evidence is discoverable and police can obtain the evidence," said Bradley Shear, a Washington-area lawyer specializing in social media law. "It's just a matter of what hoops they have to jump through."
The government can subpoena deleted content from social media companies, as a judge did from Twitter for a case involving an Occupy New York protester in July 2012. But sometimes, law enforcement doesn't have to jump through any hoops to collect potentially incriminating evidence -- they just have to click around online.
"It's like that old saying," said professor Susan Rozelle, who teaches evidence and criminal law at Stetson University College of Law in Gulfport, Florida. "Don't put anything on your Facebook page you wouldn't tell your mother, or the local police department.

Those are not answers. The examples in your article, of using social media content as evidence in case of rape or drunk driving, are not the same as the situation regarding a satirical meme.

It would be difficult to claim that's it illegal for me to share that Bernie Sander's meme online, because I found it funny. Or establishing that the individual who created that meme did something illegal, at least I would think. And contrary to what you might be suggesting with the examples your posted, there doesn't really seem to be any precedence to gain a conviction.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
12-05-2016, 01:31 PM
(12-05-2016 11:15 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 09:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/18/tech/s...g-arrests/

Those are not answers. The examples in your article, of using social media content as evidence in case of rape or drunk driving, are not the same as the situation regarding a satirical meme.

It would be difficult to claim that's it illegal for me to share that Bernie Sander's meme online, because I found it funny. Or establishing that the individual who created that meme did something illegal, at least I would think. And contrary to what you might be suggesting with the examples your posted, there doesn't really seem to be any precedence to gain a conviction.

Sorry my google search didn't satisfy you. Maybe you could find your own search terms in future?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-05-2016, 02:17 PM
(12-05-2016 01:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  Sorry my google search didn't satisfy you. Maybe you could find your own search terms in future?

I did, didn't pull up any example that would set any real precedent here, if somebody else ran across something at some point, and wanted to share it, I'll be interested in reading about it.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
13-05-2016, 01:09 AM
(12-05-2016 10:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  And if kids do it?

Playing "the kid card", eh???

The kids I know tend to be more computer/net savvy than most adults..... I don't know any kids that wouldn't fact check something like that, before trying it themselves..................... I'd more likely suspect my Brother-in-law to do some bonehead shit like that, than my nephew.......

Surrounded my so many studious teens are you? I suppose they all also practice safe sex, always wear their seat belts, always keep that ammo stored away from the guns, never talk or text while driving, and none of them ever reply to those chain emails? Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2016, 02:54 AM
(13-05-2016 01:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 10:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Playing "the kid card", eh???

Surrounded my so many studious teens are you? I suppose they all also practice safe sex, always wear their seat belts, always keep that ammo stored away from the guns, never talk or text while driving, and none of them ever reply to those chain emails? Rolleyes

Yes they totally do. This is why gun licences are an unpardonable crime and anyone who proposes such must be shot. Same with anyone who proposes making good hard working Americans pay $5 to register their flying gizmo.

13-05-2016, 05:31 AM
This is some fucked up shit. Seriously.

It's like the case of that youtuber doing a tutorial on how to build an air conditioner with dry ice, which can kill you in the right conditions (luckily Thunderf00t published a video to warn people), but in this case, I really feel malicious intent.

:/

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
13-05-2016, 05:33 AM
Actually -- they keep the guns loaded.

An unloaded gun isn't much use.

And they know the difference between stupid "feel good" legislation and laws that actually do something.

That's because we taught them well.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-05-2016, 06:20 AM
(13-05-2016 05:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Actually -- they keep the guns loaded.

An unloaded gun isn't much use.

And they know the difference between stupid "feel good" legislation and laws that actually do something.

That's because we taught them well.

Laws that it's convenient to obey are laws that actually do something whereas anything else is "feel good" ?