A "ex-atheist's" experience in hell during a near death experience.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2012, 01:24 PM
A "ex-atheist's" experience in hell during a near death experience.
This was posted on facebook by one the dumber, more spiritual people I know. It's fun to watch things like this, just for the humor value.

The theatrics and the details of "the shadowy place," how sane people believe this is beyond me. I find it convenient that he started believing at the same time he became afraid of dying. Strange how getting closer to death solidifies a belief in a happy place after death.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2012, 01:44 PM
RE: A "ex-atheist's" experience in hell during a near death experience.
What a joke.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
31-08-2012, 02:12 PM
So first he strips atheists down then tries to build up with 'love'. That's a classic tactic.

He never addressed the possibility that his brain synapsed in a, as he says, hyper realism. More real than this world? Must have been an intense occurrence in his brain.

And God is not a punishing God? Wow. Give up the lying and the need of fame? As an atheist I don't feel that way at all, I am always trying to live truthfully (that's what has led me to where I am) and the last thing I'd want is to be famous, I think celebrities have a tough life... maybe this guy's moral conscious kicked in when he was about to die, because it sounded like he was making some choices that weren't agreeing with his thoughts on morality, this is 'dual living'. How about that?

This guy needs validation and self esteem. This felt more like a therapy session then a testimony. Which is fine, but lets call it what it is before others look for the same thing in the wrong place.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
31-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Ok, i am done.
He has convinced me.
I feel the love and i feel Jesus in my hard.
I am no longer an Atheist!

Häääääääääääääääääääääää!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What kinda shit you smoking?
Sure, there are people who have had an near-death-experience.
And they were also sure full with drugs, because thats gone happend if you on an OP-Table in an hospital.
If your brain dies, your hypophysis flooded your blood with a cocktail of hormons like endorphin and cortison.
These stuff make you going get higher than the damn empire statebuilding.
Thats happend because its the natural way to cut of the painsignal to the brain.
These funktion is aktually build to ignore pain in dangersituations to be able to act and escape the situation.
The same prozess started in dying brains because the funktion cannot tell apart dying from beeing bitten by a shark.
So, whats happends next? Oh jear, the end.
And btw, i am still will be an atheist until i die. Then i become nothing.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 2 users Like Marco Krieger's post
31-08-2012, 06:20 PM
I couldn't even watch that video... the second he started insulting people, I had no desire to listen to anything else. I kind of listened to it for a bit while typing this post, but that was it.

Technically I had a near death experience in the past, well a few... and long story short, the "people" there said god and religion was a scam, because there was no god, no heaven, no hell, only the mist of time. But there, there was no sensation, no body, nothing like people say exist. And this thing happened back when I was potentially "religious" and considering theology as a major.
31-08-2012, 06:50 PM
So when my husband was getting ready to die we were alone at home, he wanted it that way.

Some three days before he passed, when it was clear to both of us that his conscious time would be short now, I asked him if he wanted a priest or something.

We were both atheists, but since a lot of people apparently turn to god in their last moments, and since I never interefered in his life (nor did he in mine) and would respect whatever he wanted, I just wanted him to feel free to be and do whatever he wished.

He looked at me and had this odd expression on his face where I wasn't sure if he was going to laugh or cry. For a long while there was nothing and then he broke into the rant of his life time. At least it was the biggest rant had ever heard from him, he wasn't much prone to ranting.

He talked about the bigots in his life and the two faced blessed folk and and and... I didn't think he still had that kind of fervor in him. He went on for some ten minutes or more.

When he stopped I said: "Boy, you sure must have had that bottled up for some time". He said:" I just wish that some of the people I was referring to were here to hear me". I said: "You want I tell them about it?" he looked at me and started laughing hard. It was contageous and we both laughed. Then he said:" You know, I just could see their faces when they heard all this".

I said:"I'll make it so, then." he said:"No, don't. It won't do them any good, I won't be here to watch and you won't get anything out of it since you don't know them."

So I didn't, I don't know who these idiots are anyways.

So that's how it went with him, he never once changed his mind about being who he was. But then, he wasn't scared to die. He was ready to move on.

At one point I told him I thought he had incredible courage, and he said he didn't need any courage, he was just flowing with things and it didn't feel bad and was no battle for him.

I was with both my husband and my mom when they passed, and both of them were feeling positive. Mom was an atheist too, and she even had me stand in front of her hospital room to chase the inevitable priest off (That was the first time she told me she was an atheist. I never knew.). Both died very peacefully with relaxed expressions on their faces and relaxed bodies.

I think our bodies and minds are naturally ready to let go when the time comes. It's the fear of hell IMO that makes people scared and unable to let go when the end comes. From what I've seen, atheism allows you to flow with things peacefully, there isn't any fear of anything. What is there to be afraid of? Nothing.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
31-08-2012, 06:55 PM
One time when I was little I was asleep and I had a nightmare that seemed to real when I woke up I was very dizzy and sick, this happened for 3 weeks, until I fell out of the bed and didn't wake up until 2 PM, even when my ma was yelling at me.

The brain is some wacked out dope yo. Another time I feel asleep during a doctors visit and I dreamed that I was in heaven, but then I woke up.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
31-08-2012, 06:57 PM
-------------------

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Thank you for the laughter and the tears.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Wow. What a conversion. From arrogant asshole to arrogant asshole. That god guy, he's sure effective.

Not.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post