A "ex-atheist's" experience in hell during a near death experience.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2012, 10:09 AM
RE: A "ex-atheist's" experience in hell during a near death experience.
(31-08-2012 05:14 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  I feel the love and i feel Jesus in my hard.

Mmhhhh what are you doing boys??

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2012, 10:33 AM
(02-09-2012 10:09 AM)KVron Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 05:14 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  I feel the love and i feel Jesus in my hard.

Mmhhhh what are you doing boys??

Sorry to commit crime against the english language.
I hope the punishment will be appropriate to my misdemeanor.
Hm...lets see... should i eat a english dictionary? I have on left from my schooldays.
Its 30 years old and had have obviously a close encounter with a sandwich...lets see, yes, white bread, some butter, salami...urgs. Bon appetite.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post
02-09-2012, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 04:22 PM by ghostexorcist.)
I love how they overemphasize the fact that Howard Storm was an atheist professor who became a Christian. I get the distinct impression that the show does this because they want the audience to think Storm is a highly trained biologist or physicist who is now applying his skills to scientifically prove near death experiences--i.e., his opinion should be trusted. (Actually, my suspicions have been confirmed by the video comments on youtube. One person wrote: “MOST PHYSICISTS ARE ARROGANT BULLIES BUT THIS GUY IS AMAZING. GOD BLESS YOU MAN. I WILL PRAY FOR ALL ATHEISTS.”) However, he is not a scientist of any kind; he was a professor of art at Northern Kentucky University back in the 80s. Knowing that makes the statement "atheist professor becomes a Christian" just as meaningless as “atheist plumber becomes a Christian.” I’m not saying art professors (or plumbers) are stupid; it’s just their expert opinion only carries weight in particular situations. This is NOT one of them. The fact that he goes on to insult people makes the matter worse. He is in no way qualified to berate people in a subject, in this case neurobiology, that he himself has no experience in. This means his statement, “You don’t know what you don’t know,” can be used against him.
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
26-09-2012, 07:25 PM
(02-09-2012 04:11 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  ..."atheist professor becomes a Christian" just as meaningless as “atheist plumber becomes a Christian.” I’m not saying art professors (or plumbers) are stupid; it’s just their expert opinion only carries weight in particular situations. This is NOT one of them...

Very true, it's a desperate propaganda. I'm new to this whole thing, but would that fall under the logical fallacy Appeal to Authority? I'm still learning...
26-09-2012, 08:16 PM
So far, most "near death" experiences have been chalked up to stimulation of the brain during serious trauma. I don't recall the study (and I can look it up if anyone is interested) but there have been a few where parts of the brain were stimulated without death, during sleep or non-sleep which resulted in seeing things, or hallucinations, or vivid dreams that seemed like reality.

It is my understanding, so far at least, that our brains go, "AH FUCK FUCK, death SUCKS BALLS, FUCK, quick, gimme something to cope with this!" and we go into a dream, or hallucination, to cope with our have the ability to ignore (perhaps even survive) the traumatic experience.

How many dreams have we had which seemed REAL? You woke up and went - "holy shit.. that was a dream?" - I know I've had those. So imagine nearly dying, having the same, and of course you're so convinced it happened, instead of a dream or hallucination, you really think it was reality.

This is why near death experiences I usually take with a grain of salt. Even the most reputable people, people I trust the most and love with everything I am as family members, I still tend to discount these "experiences" because there is no verifiable way to distinguish something that may be anything more than a "dream" your brain comes up with to cope with the reality of death or trauma. My dad being one of them.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
26-09-2012, 08:18 PM
(26-09-2012 07:25 PM)mRyland90 Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 04:11 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  ..."atheist professor becomes a Christian" just as meaningless as “atheist plumber becomes a Christian.” I’m not saying art professors (or plumbers) are stupid; it’s just their expert opinion only carries weight in particular situations. This is NOT one of them...

Very true, it's a desperate propaganda. I'm new to this whole thing, but would that fall under the logical fallacy Appeal to Authority? I'm still learning...

No, we just call that being a lying bastard.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
27-09-2012, 10:01 AM
(26-09-2012 08:16 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So far, most "near death" experiences have been chalked up to stimulation of the brain during serious trauma. I don't recall the study (and I can look it up if anyone is interested) but there have been a few where parts of the brain were stimulated without death, during sleep or non-sleep which resulted in seeing things, or hallucinations, or vivid dreams that seemed like reality.

It is my understanding, so far at least, that our brains go, "AH FUCK FUCK, death SUCKS BALLS, FUCK, quick, gimme something to cope with this!" and we go into a dream, or hallucination, to cope with our have the ability to ignore (perhaps even survive) the traumatic experience.

This. I remember reading about studies on the matter too, a long time ago I took a philosophy course called "Death and Dying" and we discussed this at length.

A very religious cousin of mine was going on about how her father, my uncle who died in '87, had an out of body experience and yadda yadda yadda bright lights and peace while on his deathbed, and she actually thought I would consider this evidence for an afterlife. Wowsers. He was dying; if anything, I would trust his experiences less than at other points in his life.

I'd put fear and wishful thinking in there, too. Like the "atheist professor" was probably afraid of hell being real, deep down, whether he admitted it or not, all along. And then when something happens, that fear rears its ugly head and he's in a strange mental state, and he just keeps believing it. I think the same is true for those who think NDEs are "evidence" of any sort, for anything besides an altered mental state, possibly deprived of oxygen and other substances necessary for the brain to function normally.

Personally, I have had "near death experiences" from acute adrenal crisis (adrenal glands can't make cortisol, causing a lot of problems, leads to shock and organs beginning to fail). Apparently I am such a skeptic that, even when experiencing weird things like talking to dead relatives, I still didn't actually believe it was happening. Even then, I knew it was more like a drug trip or some kind of psychotic episode from being sick and not eating for a week (I ended up being ambulanced to the nearest hospital and given a shot of steroids, which set me right again). I still knew I shouldn't trust my senses. When I really die (hopefully not from adrenal problems, I am seeing an endocrinologist now), I seriously doubt I'll suddenly "get religion" or believe in an afterlife, either.
27-09-2012, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 11:01 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(31-08-2012 06:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  Mom was an atheist too, and she even had me stand in front of her hospital room to chase the inevitable priest off (That was the first time she told me she was an atheist. I never knew.). Both died very peacefully with relaxed expressions on their faces and relaxed bodies.

I think our bodies and minds are naturally ready to let go when the time comes. It's the fear of hell IMO that makes people scared and unable to let go when the end comes. From what I've seen, atheism allows you to flow with things peacefully, there isn't any fear of anything. What is there to be afraid of? Nothing.

That is what I've seen in the hospital. It's hard to imagine, when you're busy and full of life, but when the time comes, they/we get that it's time. In the end, everyone has a "last day". Whether that last day is after 50 years, 20 years, or 5000 years, it's still a last day. There is an inherent mechanism for dealing with that day.

My great aunt was prominent nun, and we discovered in her papers, after her death, that she had been sneaking off to cosmological conferences for about 20 years. She wrote part of her own obit, and used some "coded' language to tell us she no longer believed anything.

My granny also was impatient with priests. She always shoo'd them away and the nuns in the hospital, with, (in a very crabby voice), "I'm already as holy as I can get". They had no response to her. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-09-2012, 08:01 AM
I was watching this video and thinking about how the guy was supposedly in hell, but even if so, how would that bring him specifically to Jesus? Consider

Then it dawned on me. He had to die to be in hell. So he died and then rose from the dead. HE is Jesus! Ohmy It's not surprising after all these years he lost some hair. Laughat

Yeah, I'm kidding. Drinking Beverage

More likely, he saw the light of how to make some money from "converting". Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
29-09-2012, 08:14 AM
*sniffle* I had a dream that I had sex with a beautiful woman. It doesn't mean it happened. *sobs*

[Image: 14356588.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post