A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
27-08-2016, 08:20 AM
RE: A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right?
(27-08-2016 08:06 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 05:41 AM)theBorg Wrote:  If all gods are false (or dead), then the True One “does not exist”. Why is He True?! Why an atheist says that there is no True God? Let him say, that there is no a false god. Atheists, listen! If there is “no True God”, as you say, then why do you call Him the TRUE???

Say to atheists: your false god does not exist, but the True God does exist. It is my personal opinion, can you check the argumentation? The false god of atheists - blasphemous behavior and absurd speech.

Say to atheists: your false god does not exist, but the True God does exist. It is my personal opinion, can you check the argumentation? The false god of atheists - blasphemous behavior and absurd speech.

Blasphemous behaviour and absurd speech? I may be an atheist, but I'm also a person. I have a life. It's not like I sit around being blasphemous and talking crap. I have friends. I go to school. I do other stuff. I don't worship blasphemy or atheism or whatever. Since we're atheists, that means we don't have any gods. That's all it means.

Sometimes, we CAN be blasphemous, but it's not a god for us in any way. It's fun and it can be helpful for new atheists.

I'm fine with you having a deity. It's your life and your free to have your own views. I only have an issue with people who push religion or non-religion on others. That's what bothers me: people proselytizing.

☆☆☆
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Wow.

You can't just throw unfounded claims out there, Borg, and you don't get to redefine words to suit your agenda. For instance:

"Absurd speech" - Really? What have I ever said that is "absurd"?

Absurd is defined as follows: "(of an idea or suggestion) wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate."

But Reason is one of our core principles. So much so that the primary accusation we get from evangelical Christians is that we rely too much on our reason and should instead just turn our minds off and "trust" that what they say is true. And yet you say that "absurd speech" is our god. That's pretty much the exact opposite claim.

"Blasphemous behavior" - You do realize that everything you do in the name of your religion is blasphemous in every other religion, right? If you're saying we're blasphemers for not obeying your religion, then you are a blasphemer to all those other religions out there. So really all you're doing is stating that we worship not-obeying-your-religion.

That's not exactly a good way to convince people to join your group over the thousands of options out there. Quite the opposite, as has been pointed out to you.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-08-2016, 08:29 AM
(27-08-2016 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 06:58 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't know what you said in this post, but your title is spot on! Jesus doesn't exist, but the G-d worshipped by millions of Jews does exist. Case closed!

That's intended as humor, right? Consider

Uhm... yes.
27-08-2016, 08:39 AM
(27-08-2016 05:41 AM)theBorg Wrote:  If all gods are false (or dead), then the True One “does not exist”. Why is He True?! Why an atheist says that there is no True God? Let him say, that there is no a false god. Atheists, listen! If there is “no True God”, as you say, then why do you call Him the TRUE???

If there are no True Scotsmen. Then who is the True Scotsman?

Just because you slap an adjective in front of the word doesn't change facts.

It also doesn't define what you believe a "true god" is.

So let's do this. I would like to better determine what we are talking about. Let me present you with this thought game. So we may get a better definition from you. Or at least try to explain why we don't accept it as true.

There is a knock on your front door. You open up the door and behind it is something that says it is the true god.

What do you see? How dose this thing look different then anything else in the world? Would you automatically believe it to be your god? Or would your first thought be that it lying? Would you ask it questions to better understand it? If you asked questions what would they be? What would your requirements be to determine that what stood before you was the "true god".

Now I've presented this thought game before to other people that were also die hard believers. Every single one of them wholeheartedly believed that they god was the true god. And every single one of them has given me a different definition, different description, and different reasons. So i'm interested to hear your take on it.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
27-08-2016, 08:52 AM

There is no god, there never has been a god and your wishful thinking little black book doesn't make it so.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-08-2016, 08:56 AM
I find it a bit humorous when these theists (not all theists, just ones like the OPl) show up on a mission to convert us to their belief but they can't even articulate what it is we are supposed to believe. Hell, they can't even articulate what it is they believe in.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
27-08-2016, 09:16 AM
(27-08-2016 08:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I find it a bit humorous when these theists (not all theists, just ones like the OPl) show up on a mission to convert us to their belief but they can't even articulate what it is we are supposed to believe. Hell, they can't even articulate what it is they believe in.

They drive by so fast that articulating what they believe in takes too much time.

wooooooosh!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-08-2016, 09:42 AM
I recall a time when I had a difficulty understanding how people couldn't believe in a god. I kind of wish I kept a journal growing up. See if I ever had moments of doubt. It was so long ago and the moments that I believe I recall are spotty at best. Now all I can ever remember is just acceptance, and trying to figure out life with a world with god in it. If I did have any moments of doubt they would most likely have been erased by social acceptance.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
27-08-2016, 09:50 AM

Whoa! A poster quoting himself verbatim to make the same unadulterated and completely redundant assertion. Consider

[Image: spam.jpg]

What a boring religiotard.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
27-08-2016, 10:15 AM
(27-08-2016 08:39 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  

If there are no True Scotsmen. Then who is the True Scotsman?

Just because you slap an adjective in front of the word doesn't change facts.

It also doesn't define what you believe a "true god" is.

So let's do this. I would like to better determine what we are talking about. Let me present you with this thought game. So we may get a better definition from you. Or at least try to explain why we don't accept it as true.

There is a knock on your front door. You open up the door and behind it is something that says it is the true god.

What do you see? How dose this thing look different then anything else in the world? Would you automatically believe it to be your god? Or would your first thought be that it lying? Would you ask it questions to better understand it? If you asked questions what would they be? What would your requirements be to determine that what stood before you was the "true god".

Now I've presented this thought game before to other people that were also die hard believers. Every single one of them wholeheartedly believed that they god was the true god. And every single one of them has given me a different definition, different description, and different reasons. So i'm interested to hear your take on it.

Ah but CS, the bible turns your thought experiment into an unfalsifiable mess, I'll quote 2 Corinthians 11: 14-15 at you:

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions.

So the bible even admits that you won't be able to determine between an angel of god and Satan himself, they will all look the same until "their end".

So while these agents of Satan ply their trade, spin their woo and spout their absurd claims, there's no way to tell while they're doing this, you'll only know after they meet their end.

They will sound exactly like the most heavenly of hosts and you can't tell the difference until after the fact. (This is the definition of a post hoc rationalization)

I can't disagree with that, the con artists and frauds are indistinguishable from true believers or "True God" as borgy phrases it, peddled by these "agents of Satan".

So anyone that makes the claim that they know what the "True God" is, is no different than an agent of Satan, and that's according to the bible itself.

Are you reading this Borgy? Do you comprehend? Can you discern when you are viewed as a proselytizing prick who has no evidence for your claims?

Are you even capable of processing this intellectually?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post