A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
27-08-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right?
(27-08-2016 05:41 AM)theBorg Wrote:  If all gods are false (or dead), then the True One “does not exist”. Why is He True?! Why an atheist says that there is no True God? Let him say, that there is no a false god. Atheists, listen! If there is “no True God”, as you say, then why do you call Him the TRUE???

Say to atheists: your false god does not exist, but the True God does exist. It is my personal opinion, can you check the argumentation? The false god of atheists - blasphemous behavior and absurd speech.

Espereo dotim dotin Bo bo ski detim detin ha cha chiwanna ha! Makes as much sens as your abbble.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2016, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2016 11:46 AM by true scotsman.)
(27-08-2016 05:41 AM)theBorg Wrote:  If all gods are false (or dead), then the True One “does not exist”. Why is He True?! Why an atheist says that there is no True God? Let him say, that there is no a false god. Atheists, listen! If there is “no True God”, as you say, then why do you call Him the TRUE???

Say to atheists: your false god does not exist, but the True God does exist. It is my personal opinion, can you check the argumentation? The false god of atheists - blasphemous behavior and absurd speech.

This is an improper question. By asking it you are inviting us to commit the fallacy of the stolen concept. As I've pointed out to you, and which you have not interacted with, the fallacy occurs in this case when you use the concept "true" in combination with the concept "God". Truth rests exclusively on the primacy of existence principle but "God" assumes the primacy of consciousness. Therefore you have performatively denied the basis of truth in your question, rendering it invalid.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
27-08-2016, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2016 11:45 AM by true scotsman.)

This is an improper question. By asking it you are inviting us to commit the fallacy of the stolen. As I've pointed out to you, and which you have not interacted with, the fallacy occurs in this case when you use the concept "true" in combination with the concept "God". Truth rests exclusively on the primacy of existence principle but "God" assumes the primacy of consciousness. Therefore you have performatively denied the basis of truth in your question, rendering it invalid.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I did have one more thing to add so I'll do it here. I use the word "concept" loosely when I speak of the concept of God. God is supposed to be a real concrete entity. A concept is an abstraction formed from two or more concretes. It is a mental entity but not a concrete one. Since God is supposed to be a real being and also a unique being and the only "true" god then there are not enough gods to abstract into a concept. So talking about the concept of God is really an improper use of the concept "concept". When theists use the "concept" of God they are admitting that "God" is just a product of their minds and not a real concrete entity. Maybe I shouldn't have told them this. I doubt they'll pay attention anyway and they'll keep on conceding that their god is a product of their imaginations.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
27-08-2016, 03:15 PM
I feel like posting cat pictures here. Can I post cat pictures here? This place needs cats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ricepudding12's post
27-08-2016, 03:35 PM
(27-08-2016 10:15 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 08:39 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  If there are no True Scotsmen. Then who is the True Scotsman?

Just because you slap an adjective in front of the word doesn't change facts.

It also doesn't define what you believe a "true god" is.

So let's do this. I would like to better determine what we are talking about. Let me present you with this thought game. So we may get a better definition from you. Or at least try to explain why we don't accept it as true.

There is a knock on your front door. You open up the door and behind it is something that says it is the true god.

What do you see? How dose this thing look different then anything else in the world? Would you automatically believe it to be your god? Or would your first thought be that it lying? Would you ask it questions to better understand it? If you asked questions what would they be? What would your requirements be to determine that what stood before you was the "true god".

Now I've presented this thought game before to other people that were also die hard believers. Every single one of them wholeheartedly believed that they god was the true god. And every single one of them has given me a different definition, different description, and different reasons. So i'm interested to hear your take on it.

Ah but CS, the bible turns your thought experiment into an unfalsifiable mess, I'll quote 2 Corinthians 11: 14-15 at you:

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions.

So the bible even admits that you won't be able to determine between an angel of god and Satan himself, they will all look the same until "their end".

So while these agents of Satan ply their trade, spin their woo and spout their absurd claims, there's no way to tell while they're doing this, you'll only know after they meet their end.

They will sound exactly like the most heavenly of hosts and you can't tell the difference until after the fact. (This is the definition of a post hoc rationalization)

I can't disagree with that, the con artists and frauds are indistinguishable from true believers or "True God" as borgy phrases it, peddled by these "agents of Satan".

So anyone that makes the claim that they know what the "True God" is, is no different than an agent of Satan, and that's according to the bible itself.

Are you reading this Borgy? Do you comprehend? Can you discern when you are viewed as a proselytizing prick who has no evidence for your claims?

Are you even capable of processing this intellectually?

Understandable. But depending on the individual making the claim. Their point of view always trumps the bible. A--a (i'm not going to say her name because she's like Beetlejuice) would be a good example of this.

She had made claims of having regular visitation with the holy ghost. She claim to have a personal feed to god. And any questions that she wanted would be told to her. When presented with bible verses she would simply ignored them saying that weren't the right interpretation, or were put in by man, or god changed his mind.

When I asked her this serious of questions I got. She said god looked like this.

[Image: Arnold-Schwarzenegger-1r4.jpg]

With a halo.

And that she wouldn't have to question it because the holy spirit would tell her that he was who he said he was. Now A--a is obviously kookie. According the Borg he's a college student and English would be his second language. So i'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that he isn't as touched in the head as A--a is.

If I don't at least attempt to bridge the gap between gullibility and reason. To show him how his reasoning is f laud then I'm no better then the closed minded believer. Demands that demands you accept he belief without question.

If he continues to dodge my questions. Or fails to acknowledge how his reasoning is f laud then I'll delcalre it open season for mockery. Just like I did with A--a. I gave her the benefit of the doubt till she made the "joke" about how she didn't see a problem with raping kids.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
27-08-2016, 03:46 PM

Red Bull is fuel;
kerosene is fuel;
kerosene is Red Bull;

LOGIC!!!!!!Smartass

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
27-08-2016, 04:23 PM
(27-08-2016 03:15 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  I feel like posting cat pictures here. Can I post cat pictures here? This place needs cats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Forum tradition for responding to a string of bad, incoherent arguments from spammers is to respond with pictures of cheese.

[Image: pic04.jpg]

You may only post pictures of cats if you want to be known as an iconoclast who defies tradition in favor of doing things your own way.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
27-08-2016, 04:46 PM
God is Austrian?

Well that explains a lot of things.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
27-08-2016, 04:46 PM
(27-08-2016 04:46 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  God is Austrian?

Well that explains a lot of things.

Also, He's a Republican.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
27-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Gosh, fellas...I would love to jump into these Borg threads, I really would. But I can never figure out what the hell he is trying to say, so that I can assume an opposing viewpoint. It's maddening. I want to argue!

I must have read that OP 5 times...I have no idea what this idiot is trying to say. What a shame.

Borg! Whatever you are saying is completely wrong. I will defend my position to the death, I believe in it so strongly. Come at me!
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post