A feminist world

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2014, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 10:10 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
RE: A feminist world
(11-06-2014 09:49 AM)Kavos Wrote:  What's wrong with discrimination? People discriminate all the time.

It's when discrimination for reasons unaffiliated to the individual's actual capabilities are judged that it's a problem. It's not about discrimination being wrong, its about the wrong type of discrimination.

Quote:For example, employers discriminate when they decide who to hire. They do it by hiring the good people and not hiring the unsuitable ones.

And if they are discriminating for the wrong reasons, it's a problem. If not, then it's not.

Quote:Seeing as men and women have different strengths, do you really expect both to be able to do the same things to an equal standard? Are you really that stupid?

Can you even read, you fucking twit?

Tartarus Sauce Wrote:It means that neither gender will be discriminated against in any area over the other, disregarding aspects or fields where the consequences of sexual dimorphism are unavoidable.

Are you going to make a case that sexual dimorphism and gender-specific cognitive strengths account for all the discrimination that women face? Because good luck on that if you do, you'll need it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
11-06-2014, 10:04 AM
(11-06-2014 09:49 AM)Kavos Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 09:26 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It means that neither gender will be discriminated against in any area over the other, disregarding aspects or fields where the consequences of sexual dimorphism are unavoidable. It also means that, on a societal level, neither gender will be held to double standards, forced to burden all the weight and/or blame for gender-relational issues, or delegated to a position of inferiority due the other's whim.

What's wrong with discrimination? People discriminate all the time. For example, employers discriminate when they decide who to hire. They do it by hiring the good people and not hiring the unsuitable ones. Seeing as men and women have different strengths, do you really expect both to be able to do the same things to an equal standard? Are you really that stupid?

I assume you mean physical strength. Even there you are wrong, there are plenty of women who could out-muscle you, you're just too pig-headed to realize it. Facepalm
11-06-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm starting to smell latent homosexuality in our new troll. There's some evidence that men who repress their sexuality begin to hate women as they're forced to pretend (even to themselves) that they want them and end up hating them.

I suspect it's responsible for a lot of misogyny, and the hatred of women we're seeing here might be a good indicator of it.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
11-06-2014, 10:13 AM
(11-06-2014 10:06 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  I'm starting to smell latent homosexuality in our new troll. There's some evidence that men who repress their sexuality begin to hate women as they're forced to pretend (even to themselves) that they want them and end up hating them.

I suspect it's responsible for a lot of misogyny, and the hatred of women we're seeing here might be a good indicator of it.

Latent Homosexuality, a bit of a napoleon complex, outright hostility towards women. I'm guessing he is short, unattractive (at least believes himself so) probably with some visible defect (large birthmark, cleft lip, large facial scar something along those lines) is lacking in confidence to even approach any object of desire let alone view them as anything more than an object. Most likely has few if any friends and those whom he does hang around only tolerate him. Has transferred all this into a hatred of those he feels have "wronged" him thus the blatant misogyny.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Feminism = Gender Equality

So a 'feminist' world would be one without unwarranted sex discrimination. This is not a hard to grasp concept.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Let's define feminism, and other misnomers Drinking Beverage

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
11-06-2014, 11:04 AM
(11-06-2014 10:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 10:06 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  I'm starting to smell latent homosexuality in our new troll. There's some evidence that men who repress their sexuality begin to hate women as they're forced to pretend (even to themselves) that they want them and end up hating them.

Latent Homosexuality, a bit of a napoleon complex, outright hostility towards women. I'm guessing he is short, unattractive (at least believes himself so) probably with some visible defect (large birthmark, cleft lip, large facial scar something along those lines) is lacking in confidence to even approach any object of desire let alone view them as anything more than an object. Most likely has few if any friends and those whom he does hang around only tolerate him. Has transferred all this into a hatred of those he feels have "wronged" him thus the blatant misogyny.

Red Dragon?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
11-06-2014, 11:09 AM
(11-06-2014 11:04 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 10:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Latent Homosexuality, a bit of a napoleon complex, outright hostility towards women. I'm guessing he is short, unattractive (at least believes himself so) probably with some visible defect (large birthmark, cleft lip, large facial scar something along those lines) is lacking in confidence to even approach any object of desire let alone view them as anything more than an object. Most likely has few if any friends and those whom he does hang around only tolerate him. Has transferred all this into a hatred of those he feels have "wronged" him thus the blatant misogyny.

Red Dragon?

Cold reading technique but yes they did use something similar in Dr Lectors summation of the killer in that movie.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-06-2014, 11:12 AM
A feminist world
[Image: red-dragon-ralph-fiennes-o.gif]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
11-06-2014, 11:21 AM
(11-06-2014 11:12 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  [Image: red-dragon-ralph-fiennes-o.gif]

It's been a while, think I'm going to watch this.
Good movie!