A few questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: A few questions
(27-01-2014 12:20 AM)natachan Wrote:  I honestly would like to know.

1) What happens between religious schools k-12 and college? Seriously, the catholic schools I went to and that my siblings go to are fantastic. I got the best education possible while still in a church school. Why is it that religious universities are generally terrible?

2) from an OBJECTIVE standpoint, how do you know Christianity is correct? I took a comparative religious course in school and there are lots of religions and each of their mythologies hold the same OBJECTIVE merit. Some are better, I happen to like Buddhist philosophy a lot. Is it the age of the scripture? I would like clarification.

1) don't know.

2) Your question is contradictory. Any Christian who "knows" its correct isn't going to be "objective". Don't look for water in the desert.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes anidominus's post
27-01-2014, 10:15 PM
RE: A few questions
Where I live (the San Francisco Bay Area) the local catholic universities (St. Mary's, USF and Santa Clara) are all quite good. There are some small more fundamentalist institutions that I suspect are not much. I think the characterization that all religious universities are bad is a bit harsh.

The 1951 USF football team was undefeated but when invited to a bowl game refused because a condition of their invitation was that they leave two of their best players behind because those players were african-american. Those players were Ollie Matson who any football fan here over 50 should know and Burl Toler long time NFL ref.

I would also point out that the 2 best players on the USF basketball teams that won back to back NCAA championships in 1955-56 were also african-american.

One should be careful about how one characterizes things.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply