I like polls that are pointless
I think pointless polls are stupid
[Show Results]

A few things I like about this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2014, 03:03 PM
RE: A few things I like about this forum
I have come to know some wonderful people and how else am I going to meet people from all over the globe? That is too cool.

I love the age range...and there isn't much separation based on age, that's also cool in my book...I hope it spills over into real life.

When I have been at my lowest, I have gotten such wonderful support and most recently the silliest stuff to help me get my feet back under me again.

I also like to see other people who are hurting get feeling better partly because of the caring people on the forum.

Overall, we are okay. Wink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
17-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I dont like the outlay.

You could at least add a window to the front page showing the newest opend threads and posts.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
17-05-2014, 03:19 PM
(17-05-2014 03:03 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I dont like the outlay.

You could at least add a window to the front page showing the newest opend threads and posts.
And the [show results] link for polls is almost invisible. But that might be better suited for a thread called "A few things I don't like about this forum".

I don't think I can do anything regarding the window in the front page but I thank you for sharing the suggestion.

Have a good one!
17-05-2014, 03:28 PM
(17-05-2014 01:06 PM)living thing Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 12:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  Don't get me started on the mirror. Every time I look at it, some old lady jumps out from behind it and scares the shit outta me. I haven't been able to get a look at the real me in decades.
Lately, when I look at the mirror, some increasingly old guy stares back from inside it, and that does not make me jump but it sometimes make me think.

Give it a few years or decades - it will make you jump!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Am I high?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
17-05-2014, 03:35 PM
I just love this place. It is so diverse, yet at the same time this group is so caring, supportive, smart, and funny as hell. You can come here to goof off, blow off steam, learn something new, reach out for a connection. Best place ever Big Grin love these people Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 9 users Like Smercury44's post
17-05-2014, 03:51 PM
(17-05-2014 11:50 AM)living thing Wrote:  In no particular order,
  • People are quite friendly to each other.
  • Many topics covered are very interesting.
  • The amount of trolling is surprisingly low and easy to cope with.
  • ThePaleolithicFreethinker's welcome seals.
  • It is online and I don't have to walk for miles to get here.

Have fun, everyone!

You nailed it, and I agree!

Before I joined, I had read the rules, so I knew there was far more freedom of speech here, than any other site, I'd been on. I didn't know how people here would perceive or accept me. Someone had warned me about Taq, and I had peeked into the Viper Pit, which should be titled Thunderdome in my opinion Shocking, and I thought "okay, stay out of the path of that tornado" Laugh out load, but he has also been very nice and helpful.

Loved my welcome seal too!

Having been on the fundy side, and now the atheist side, I would even understand any angst that some of the long-standing atheists might have towards me, but again, they've been very accepting.

I also like how TTA gives so much free reign, for the most part, with regards to what we say, or how we respond to others. Hm, hope I don't have to eat those words one day! Laughat

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 5 users Like CindysRain's post
17-05-2014, 04:11 PM
(17-05-2014 03:51 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Having been on the fundy side, and now the atheist side, I would even understand any angst that some of the long-standing atheists might have towards me, but again, they've been very accepting.
I don't think non-believers are so much angry at believers as they are frustrated by seeing them hold on to unreasonable positions that are detrimental for the whole collective; the amount of effort wasted daily on this planet thanking nothing for doing nothing is probably considerable. But once people adopt more reasonable positions, the frustration generally disappears and non-believers can be very friendly.

Also, the need displayed by many believers to brainwash everyone else into their cults is generally annoying; most non-believers I've met seem happy with all kinds of believers having their strange beliefs, as long as no one else is hurt by those strange beliefs, and it is once again frustrating when believers do not show the same kind of respect towards differing ideas.

But I'm glad you came into your senses! Smile

Thanks for stopping by. Have fun!
[+] 5 users Like living thing's post
17-05-2014, 04:23 PM
(17-05-2014 03:51 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  I also like how TTA gives so much free reign rein, for the most part, with regards to what we say, or how we respond to others. Hm, hope I don't have to eat those words one day! Laughat

Free rein, except in spelling. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
17-05-2014, 04:26 PM
It's easy to write your opinion here without anyone getting really sick and tired of your opinion Big Grin Like my gf.
[+] 2 users Like Tatuks's post