I like polls that are pointless
I think pointless polls are stupid
[Show Results]

A few things I like about this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: A few things I like about this forum
It's really difficult to create a forum where there is a sense of community but one which does not suffer from cliques. I think this forum has achieved that. People are quick to welcome to newcomers, even the trolls. What's more though there's this implicit understanding that some people need support and so this means there's less of a nasty streak inherent in other forums where you visit to debate. Maybe because we have a common enemy so there is less in-fighting. People come here for sanctuary. Add to that the Mafia games, the banter, the personal issues forum, the intimacy and relationships and giving positive reputation points makes this a place where you can feel welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
17-05-2014, 07:23 PM
I've always liked the variety of active topics to read, comment on, or just completely ignore. Big Grin
From day one, I found the level of intelligence here to be a refreshing improvement over the rest of the internet.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
17-05-2014, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2014 07:33 PM by Jeffasaurus.)
(17-05-2014 03:03 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I dont like the outlay.

You could at least add a window to the front page showing the newest opend threads and posts.

At the top of this page (and every page), just below the black header, there are links to the new posts.
"View New Posts" shows all since you last visited, and "View Today's Posts" is self-descriptive.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
17-05-2014, 07:54 PM
(17-05-2014 03:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I just love this place. It is so diverse deviant ...

fixt Thumbsup

(17-05-2014 03:51 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  ...
I also like how TTA gives so much Censored, for the most part, with regards to what we Censored, or how we Censored others. Hm, hope I don't have to eat those Censored one day! Laughat

Fixt!

(17-05-2014 04:26 PM)Tatuks Wrote:  ... Like my gf.

I may or may not like your gf. Pics required Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
17-05-2014, 08:20 PM
(17-05-2014 12:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  I have even encountered trolls that grew on me.

Warts grow on people too!Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
17-05-2014, 09:06 PM
(17-05-2014 07:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 03:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I just love this place. It is so diverse deviant ...

fixt Thumbsup

(17-05-2014 03:51 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  ...
I also like how TTA gives so much Censored, for the most part, with regards to what we Censored, or how we Censored others. Hm, hope I don't have to eat those Censored one day! Laughat

Fixt!

(17-05-2014 04:26 PM)Tatuks Wrote:  ... Like my gf.

I may or may not like your gf. Pics required Drinking Beverage

Bowing stuff like this keeps me coming back Laugh out load Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
17-05-2014, 09:20 PM
(17-05-2014 11:50 AM)living thing Wrote:  In no particular order,
  • People are quite friendly to each other.
  • Many topics covered are very interesting.
  • The amount of trolling is surprisingly low and easy to cope with.
  • ThePaleolithicFreethinker's welcome seals.
  • It is online and I don't have to walk for miles to get here.

Have fun, everyone!

In no particular order:

I like this place because here, I can get away from myself for a while. The majority of my manias and insanities don't bother me much here, as opposed to the real world.

I like it 'cause it's fun here. The people for the most part are engaging and interesting people who, thanks to the physical barrier that is the internet, I can easily engage with. Not in a million years would you find me the way I am here in a real-world physical scenario.

I like it because I can and have learned so much here.

I like this place because I feel that, if I absolutely need to vent about an issue, I can do so here. Not going to stop me from avoiding it at all costs thanks to the plethora of psychological issues which cause my venting needs in the first place, but the feeling of security and support is there regardless.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 9 users Like Free Thought's post
17-05-2014, 10:08 PM
(17-05-2014 04:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 03:51 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  I also like how TTA gives so much free reign rein, for the most part, with regards to what we say, or how we respond to others. Hm, hope I don't have to eat those words one day! Laughat

Free rein, except in spelling. Drinking Beverage

Ahh, yet another thing I like about TTA....a free spell-checker! ClapTongue

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like CindysRain's post
17-05-2014, 10:30 PM
If I could replace the people I'd met already, of both genders, of every age, of all preferences (and afflicted with the same neuroses Tongue ), in this life with their bad ass equivalents from TTA.... I don't think I'd have ever had the displeasure of knowing depression! Undecided

No, seriously! I wish I could replace all my neighbors with ya'llz presence Hug

Key's under the mat, rum's in the freezer! Wake me up before 12:30pm, if ya would Shy

[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
17-05-2014, 10:32 PM
I like the people Smile We got nice people here...

I like... seeing everyone's lives. Everyone has different places that they are in their lives, is facing different challenges. We got teenagers growing up and exploring stuff for the first time, we've got older people who've seen it all... There's happiness and sadness in everyone's life... I find it quite fascinating.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post