I like polls that are pointless
I think pointless polls are stupid
[Show Results]

A few things I like about this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: A few things I like about this forum
(17-05-2014 10:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  I like... seeing everyone's lives.
... I find it quite fascinating.

And even our stalkers are polite and friendly Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
17-05-2014, 10:42 PM
(17-05-2014 10:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 10:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  I like... seeing everyone's lives.
... I find it quite fascinating.

And even our stalkers are polite and friendly Drinking Beverage

I think DLJ is on to you Morondog...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-05-2014, 10:50 PM
(17-05-2014 10:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  If I could replace the people I'd met already, of both genders, of every age, of all preferences (and afflicted with the same neuroses Tongue ), in this life with their bad ass equivalents from TTA.... I don't think I'd have ever had the displeasure of knowing depression! Undecided

No, seriously! I wish I could replace all my neighbors with ya'llz presence Hug

Key's under the mat, rum's in the freezer! Wake me up before 12:30pm, if ya would Shy

Aww! You know what? I liked you from day one! Hug

I did not know you had depression, so here's another Hug!!!!!

Had I found this site sooner, I would've come a lot farther with my PTSD, I believe! The site I use to frequent was helpful, but many of the replies had something to do with god, prayer, and blah-blah-blah. Useless.

And one more hug cause you let me call you gluegun. Hug

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 4 users Like CindysRain's post
18-05-2014, 12:01 AM
(17-05-2014 12:53 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I like this place because it smells nice and the couches are plastic wrapped so you don't have to worry about other members' body fluids soaking into the cushions.

Smile

Yeah, the fluids just puddle so they can 100% soak in to the epidermis. Shy

(17-05-2014 03:03 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I dont like the outlay.

You could at least add a window to the front page showing the newest opend threads and posts.

I'd also like one of those big bay windows that you can see for miles from, it would create the perfect airy feeling to this place.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
18-05-2014, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2014 01:24 AM by GirlyMan.)
I can swear like a motherfucking drunk hairless pirate monkey and nobody gives a goddam shit.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-05-2014, 03:29 AM
(17-05-2014 03:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Am I high?
I don't know. What are you smoking? Tongue
18-05-2014, 03:36 AM
(18-05-2014 12:06 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I can swear like a motherfucking drunk hairless pirate monkey...
I've never seen a motherfucking drunk hairless pirate monkey swear, so I don't really know what you mean. Is it a bit like when that woman from that Gone with the wind thing swore she'd never be in Hungary again? And what was that film about, anyway? All I know is that my sister wanted to rip the curtains off to make herself a dress.

(18-05-2014 12:06 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... and nobody gives a goddam shit.
In this planet, most people don't give a shit if they can sell it instead.
[+] 1 user Likes living thing's post
18-05-2014, 06:54 AM
(17-05-2014 06:13 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  It's really difficult to create a forum where there is a sense of community but one which does not suffer from cliques. I think this forum has achieved that. People are quick to welcome to newcomers, even the trolls. What's more though there's this implicit understanding that some people need support and so this means there's less of a nasty streak inherent in other forums where you visit to debate. Maybe because we have a common enemy so there is less in-fighting. People come here for sanctuary. Add to that the Mafia games, the banter, the personal issues forum, the intimacy and relationships and giving positive reputation points makes this a place where you can feel welcome.

There's no in-fighting because you signed up this year in January and missed all the big dramas of TTAs history.
Ohhhhhh boy did we use to bicker amongst ourselves...
The current rules were implemented as a compromise to an on-going problem we had of a divide between people who thought the forum should be totally unmoderated (no splitting threads, no giving warnings and no banning) such as Hughsie and many others and people like Chas, myself and many others who thought the forum was evolving (this was when the forum was growing pretty quickly and membership was high) and that the rules should be tightened ever so slightly to accommodate.
Every time a "troll" came along we'd be at each others throats.
Eventually the current rules were implemented and a few other changes such as Admins having final say (where as prior there was inconsistency between moderators which caused issues) and so there was a clear line in the sand and so the bickering pretty much stopped. Just in time for your arrival.

There's still a bit of bickering but it's pretty civil compared to what it used to be.
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
18-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Forums evolve - they are constantly changing and adjusting and in the course of that they take on certain personalities.

I like this one, just enough moderation to keep it from being taken over by destructive people (and yes, there are some gems out there) and still make it so that everyone can voice any opinion they have.

Sometimes that's a fine line to walk.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
18-05-2014, 08:52 AM
(18-05-2014 06:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 06:13 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  ... Maybe because we have a common enemy so there is less in-fighting.

There's no in-fighting because you signed up this year in January and missed all the big dramas of TTAs history.
Thanks, earmuffs; that is very informative. I feel lucky to be a newbie then.

Have fun!