A few thoughts on life on this planet....(ramblings)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: A few thoughts on life on this planet....(ramblings)
(16-09-2012 04:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 03:29 PM)kim Wrote:  Ah so... in your wild kingdom, the golden rule would be, "Let it be done unto the other guy, to lessen the chances of it being done unto you." I see how ya are. Dodgy

I've got an artificial knee, so I'm always that other guy. Sadcryface

So... what you're saying is... Consider the Grizzly will break his teeth on your artificial knee.... and you'll have not only saved the life of the other campers but future campers as well because he'll die of malnutrition. Eventually. AND retroactively you've avenged your own death - always a plus. Consider

The sacrifice of the one for the good of the many. Not bad. I'm cool with that. Cool

I'm even cool with being the one ... as long as it's not any time soon. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-09-2012, 12:42 PM
(17-09-2012 12:32 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 12:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  I got the artificial knee quite young. I had a bone tumor. Long story.

As long as you're near me O Terse One you'll be fine, years of hockey and football has ruined both my knees, so you'll be one up on meWeeping

I can vouch for the efficacy of artificial knees. If you have osteo-arthritis and lots of pain, knee replacement is a miracle cure. Bowing

"Miracle" is used in the figurative sense. No science was denied in the creation of this post.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-09-2012, 01:03 PM
(17-09-2012 12:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  "Miracle" is used in the figurative sense. No science was denied in the creation of the prosthesis, or this post.

Fixed. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post