A formal Christian does not believe his god can be perfect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2016, 04:48 PM
RE: A formal Christian does not believe his god can be perfect
(19-08-2016 03:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 03:12 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Of course it should be stupid to you, otherwise how could you convince yourself being a smart guy... smarter than me in the least Tongue

Kerim

Your post is meaningless.
You need to study English. You cannot communicate in English ... at all.
Stop posting that drivel here.

And I wonder if the readers also notice that your posts are not meaningless at all because you know how to write and communicate in English... right? Drinking Beverage

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2016, 04:52 PM
(19-08-2016 02:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:39 PM)KerimF Wrote:  This thread is supposed being replied by a Christian... not an atheist
Thank you anyway.

Don't bother. No one cares. Why post that shit on an atheist forum ?
But thanks for your sermon.

Boring.

Quote:My next thread will be for atheists.

Oh goody. Weeping
Will it be just as stupid ?

It will be more stupid. Or at the very least, less coherent, plus the tiresome conspiracy theory that I still find pretty anti-semitc at base...rich people driving wars to the benefit of Israel and "international bankers"...
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
19-08-2016, 06:50 PM
(19-08-2016 02:22 PM)KerimF Wrote:  A formal Christian is a person who sees himself belonging to an organized Christian group; as a denomination or alike.

A formal Christian agrees or was taught that Jesus Christ is god.

At the same time, a formal Christian is not supposed to consider the teachings of Jesus as being perfect. In other words, for a formal Christian, the divine teachings of Jesus are imperfect; they cannot answer (logically) all important questions about life and the reality of the world that a man ‘may’ need to know/discover. Therefore, a formal Christian equates all imperfect teachings of prophets (besides other men known as saints, apostles and disciples) to the teachings of Jesus who is supposed to be his god; his Creator.

Conclusion, a formal Christian ignores his god more than an atheist does.

In fact, believing that a god cannot be perfect is much worse than saying “god doesn’t exist”.

Kerim

How is it that you made it through puberty? A bunch of "formal automobile drivers" must have been pretty attentive when you were wandering around in the street.
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
19-08-2016, 08:25 PM
(19-08-2016 03:12 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Don't bother. No one cares. Why post that shit on an atheist forum ?
But thanks for your sermon.

Boring.

Oh goody. Weeping
Will it be just as stupid ?

Of course it should be stupid to you, otherwise how could you convince yourself being a smart guy... smarter than me in the least Tongue

Kerim

Being smarter than you it's nothing to be proud about if one left kindergarten behind.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
19-08-2016, 09:33 PM
(19-08-2016 03:16 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:50 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Then posting it on an atheist's forum was pretty foolish, wouldn't you say?

Sorry, it seems you missed a previous post of mine on which I said that soon after rising this subject in a Christian forum, I was banned permanently Big Grin

Kerim

Maybe you should take that as a hint that theists are generally close minded morons, and won't tolerate dissenting opinion in their chosen flavor of sky daddy.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
19-08-2016, 10:28 PM
(19-08-2016 03:16 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Sorry, it seems you missed a previous post of mine on which I said that soon after rising this subject in a Christian forum, I was banned permanently Big Grin

We atheists are much more tolerant and open-minded than Christians, however not so open-minded that our brains fall out, something you may want to protect yourself against. From the looks of it, it may already be too late for that.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
19-08-2016, 11:32 PM
(19-08-2016 02:22 PM)KerimF Wrote:  A formal Christian is a person who sees himself belonging to an organized Christian group; as a denomination or alike.

A formal Christian agrees or was taught that Jesus Christ is god.

At the same time, a formal Christian is not supposed to consider the teachings of Jesus as being perfect. In other words, for a formal Christian, the divine teachings of Jesus are imperfect; they cannot answer (logically) all important questions about life and the reality of the world that a man ‘may’ need to know/discover. Therefore, a formal Christian equates all imperfect teachings of prophets (besides other men known as saints, apostles and disciples) to the teachings of Jesus who is supposed to be his god; his Creator.

It's nice to see that you're better than all those other Christians. Their deficiencies likely stem from being Scotsmen.

Quote:In fact, believing that a god cannot be perfect is much worse than saying “god doesn’t exist”.

And logically necessary. Perfection is unchanging. Incapable of acting or being acted upon. A pitiful trap for a deity.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
20-08-2016, 03:01 AM
(19-08-2016 02:22 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Conclusion, a formal Christian ignores his god more than an atheist does.

You still don't get it do you? Atheists do NOT "ignore" gods. Rather, we state unequivocally that there is no evidence that supports the existence of God or gods. One cannot ignore something that does not exist.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
20-08-2016, 06:26 AM
[Image: keep-calm-and-dont-feed-the-troll-16.png]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
20-08-2016, 06:53 AM
(19-08-2016 02:22 PM)KerimF Wrote:  At the same time, a formal Christian is not supposed to consider the teachings of Jesus as being perfect. In other words, for a formal Christian, the divine teachings of Jesus are imperfect; they cannot answer (logically) all important questions about life and the reality of the world that a man ‘may’ need to know/discover. Therefore, a formal Christian equates all imperfect teachings of prophets (besides other men known as saints, apostles and disciples) to the teachings of Jesus who is supposed to be his god; his Creator.

In fact, believing that a god cannot be perfect is much worse than saying “god doesn’t exist”.

Kerim

What an odd way of thinking, the vast majority of Christians do assert that god is perfect, here's the top five returns from a simple Google search:

Is god perfect? -Yes.

Here's a Rick Warren article on it:

We Are Not Perfect, But Our God Is

Here are a few bible quotes:

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Here' an article that cites 41 bible verses that support the notion of god being perfect:

41 bible verses about God's perfection.

It's this assertion of perfection that makes the concept of the Abrahamic god so stupid. It's a meaningless term that can be defined in any way you can imagine.

It's a term that gives you insight into the nature of the Abrahamic god because perfection is an imaginary concept and it only applies to imaginary beings.

You can define a "True Christian" or a "Formal Christian" any way you want, because there's no such thing as a "True Christian", however, very few Christians will agree with your definition.

Pot meet kettle, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

What other useless, ill-defined concepts can we proffer our opinion on? The list is essentially infinite, as is an imaginary god with imaginary characteristics.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post