A formal Christian does not believe his god can be perfect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2016, 07:19 AM
RE: A formal Christian does not believe his god can be perfect
(19-08-2016 03:16 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:50 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Then posting it on an atheist's forum was pretty foolish, wouldn't you say?

Sorry, it seems you missed a previous post of mine on which I said that soon after rising this subject in a Christian forum, I was banned permanently Big Grin

Kerim
That has nothing to do with the fact that you're posting for Christians on an atheist forum. It does prove that Christians are intolerant of even their own beliefs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ricepudding12's post
20-08-2016, 08:01 AM
(19-08-2016 02:22 PM)KerimF Wrote:  A formal Christian is a person who sees himself belonging to an organized Christian group; as a denomination or alike.

A formal Christian agrees or was taught that Jesus Christ is god.

At the same time, a formal Christian is not supposed to consider the teachings of Jesus as being perfect. In other words, for a formal Christian, the divine teachings of Jesus are imperfect; they cannot answer (logically) all important questions about life and the reality of the world that a man ‘may’ need to know/discover. Therefore, a formal Christian equates all imperfect teachings of prophets (besides other men known as saints, apostles and disciples) to the teachings of Jesus who is supposed to be his god; his Creator.

Conclusion, a formal Christian ignores his god more than an atheist does.

In fact, believing that a god cannot be perfect is much worse than saying “god doesn’t exist”.

Kerim
Sounds like they're disproving their own belief system. Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
20-08-2016, 12:07 PM
(19-08-2016 02:39 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:30 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Why should your definition of a "formal Christian" be accepted?

Why does your opinion on what is worse matter?

How about you get all the formal Christians and informal Christians together and you guys figure out what a True Christian™ is? Until then, you're just another in a long like of self-righteous blowhards who think they have an understanding of a god that they can't demonstrate in any way.

This thread is supposed being replied by a Christian... not an atheist Tongue
Thank you anyway.

My next thread will be for atheists Big Grin

Kerim

Can you point to the part in your original post where you said this is for Christians only? I seem to have missed it.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
20-08-2016, 12:16 PM
(20-08-2016 12:07 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:39 PM)KerimF Wrote:  This thread is supposed being replied by a Christian... not an atheist Tongue
Thank you anyway.

My next thread will be for atheists Big Grin

Kerim

Can you point to the part in your original post where you said this is for Christians only? I seem to have missed it.

It’s there, you just can’t see it. Similar to...oh, never mind. Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
22-08-2016, 10:44 PM
(19-08-2016 04:52 PM)julep Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Don't bother. No one cares. Why post that shit on an atheist forum ?
But thanks for your sermon.

Boring.

Oh goody. Weeping
Will it be just as stupid ?

It will be more stupid. Or at the very least, less coherent, plus the tiresome conspiracy theory that I still find pretty anti-semitc at base...rich people driving wars to the benefit of Israel and "international bankers"...

Sorry...
The today's Saudi was created right after WW1 (in which France and Britain were used to get rid of the Ottoman Empire).
The today's Israel was created right after the destruction of Europe by WW2 (in which the German Elite were used to put France and Britain out of the world's powers game, for good).
The today's ISIS was created after the withdrawal of the US army from Iraq (It was introduced first, with a great success, by sacrificing/massacring, horribly and in front of the entire world, a few thousands only of innocent civilians in NYC on 9/11/2001).

All three are actually military bases, controlled fully by their creators (most of their generations live in USA).

Right now, these three American military bases are working together in destroying one country after another in the Arab World for the glory of America.

And if we live to the next decade, we will also witness the re-destruction of Europe (with the total knowledge of the today's European Elite playing as Bush, junior... the naïve ignorant kids... about the millions of European kids who were already raised, since more than a decade but now in sleep mode, to play the terrorists in the American series "War on Terror").

I am not on one side against another (to me, people are victims in all sides and bases). I am just presenting the fruits (facts) of the wars and terror that happened during the last 125 years in the least and have all ended up to the same greatest beneficiary side (living in USA... but surely, not the majority of the American people).

Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
22-08-2016, 10:53 PM
(20-08-2016 12:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-08-2016 12:07 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Can you point to the part in your original post where you said this is for Christians only? I seem to have missed it.

It’s there, you just can’t see it. Similar to...oh, never mind. Angel

Sorry, It is my fault... Blush
I thought that most readers have the skill to read between lines. So I should be more careful in the future and remember that some human beings have to see and hear things in order to get them.

Kerim

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
22-08-2016, 11:01 PM
(20-08-2016 08:01 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:22 PM)KerimF Wrote:  A formal Christian is a person who sees himself belonging to an organized Christian group; as a denomination or alike.

A formal Christian agrees or was taught that Jesus Christ is god.

At the same time, a formal Christian is not supposed to consider the teachings of Jesus as being perfect. In other words, for a formal Christian, the divine teachings of Jesus are imperfect; they cannot answer (logically) all important questions about life and the reality of the world that a man ‘may’ need to know/discover. Therefore, a formal Christian equates all imperfect teachings of prophets (besides other men known as saints, apostles and disciples) to the teachings of Jesus who is supposed to be his god; his Creator.

In fact, believing that a god cannot be perfect is much worse than saying “god doesn’t exist”.

Kerim
Sounds like they're disproving their own belief system. Consider

But who cares Big Grin
Following a system (claimed of Heaven or Men) that helps a person be glorified by many others is seen a wise decision by most people.

Kerim

22-08-2016, 11:11 PM
(20-08-2016 07:19 AM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 03:16 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Sorry, it seems you missed a previous post of mine on which I said that soon after rising this subject in a Christian forum, I was banned permanently Big Grin

Kerim
That has nothing to do with the fact that you're posting for Christians on an atheist forum. It does prove that Christians are intolerant of even their own beliefs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oh sorry, it is my fault...
I didn't know that atheists only are discussing, in this "Atheism and Theism" forum and among themselves, if a certain god may exist or not.

I should be more careful in the future and remember that the "Atheism and Theism" forum is for atheists only.

Kerim

22-08-2016, 11:20 PM
(20-08-2016 06:53 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:22 PM)KerimF Wrote:  At the same time, a formal Christian is not supposed to consider the teachings of Jesus as being perfect. In other words, for a formal Christian, the divine teachings of Jesus are imperfect; they cannot answer (logically) all important questions about life and the reality of the world that a man ‘may’ need to know/discover. Therefore, a formal Christian equates all imperfect teachings of prophets (besides other men known as saints, apostles and disciples) to the teachings of Jesus who is supposed to be his god; his Creator.

Kerim

What an odd way of thinking, the vast majority of Christians do assert that god is perfect, here's the top five returns from a simple Google search:

Is god perfect? -Yes.

Here's a Rick Warren article on it:

We Are Not Perfect, But Our God Is

Here are a few bible quotes:

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Here' an article that cites 41 bible verses that support the notion of god being perfect:

41 bible verses about God's perfection.

It's this assertion of perfection that makes the concept of the Abrahamic god so stupid. It's a meaningless term that can be defined in any way you can imagine.

It's a term that gives you insight into the nature of the Abrahamic god because perfection is an imaginary concept and it only applies to imaginary beings.

You can define a "True Christian" or a "Formal Christian" any way you want, because there's no such thing as a "True Christian", however, very few Christians will agree with your definition.

Pot meet kettle, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

What other useless, ill-defined concepts can we proffer our opinion on? The list is essentially infinite, as is an imaginary god with imaginary characteristics.

For instance, a real (practical) perfection is like all other things in our existence, it is relative, not absolute.

In other words, something is said perfect if there is nothing equivalent to it and better than it in some aspects.

Kerim

22-08-2016, 11:28 PM
(20-08-2016 06:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  [Image: keep-calm-and-dont-feed-the-troll-16.png]

And please keep calm and don't say any true version of a story you have in mind because it is likely already said for you to believe by some trusted genius persons you are so proud of.

Kerim