A formal Christian does not believe his god can be perfect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2016, 04:18 AM
RE: A formal Christian does not believe his god can be perfect
Okay... here is some help before I have to fall into slumber.

This post below?

(25-08-2016 04:11 AM)KerimF Wrote:  So let us wait a brave atheist Wink who will explain us, using his own words, the good version... as in 'right/factual' Big Grin

To make better sense in English could be presented thus:

"So let us await a brave atheist who will help explain it to us(me), using their own words, the right and proper hence 'Factual' version."

Do you see the subtle difference between the two presentations KerimF?

Since you do not have the deft and subtle grasp of the language please STOP tying for such subtlety.

Again, please, keep you sentences short, simple and as on one point as you can.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2016, 04:38 AM
(25-08-2016 03:14 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(25-08-2016 12:43 AM)KerimF Wrote:  About his periodic gatherings and ceremonies, he likely attends the free democratic elections/polls that lead to 50.1% which is equivalent to 99.9%; both results are actually non-realistic (man-made).

Facepalm

Really? Really and honestly is this the weird/strange idea/view you have of what a 'Democracy' is? Given the place in the world from which you say you hail the above statement shows a lot about the mistreatment you've been receiving from those standing over you with guns. Sad

Hug

Oh I am real sorry. I had no idea that 50.1% as a voting result is considered as natural where you live.
Truth be said, I was never able cutting even a cake into two exact pieces Sad
But it seems that millions of free people can divide themselves exactly in two camps with exactly equal powers (unless 0.1/100 is seen as a big difference).

What I liked saying is that the majority of people in Syria knows that an election is just one of the national festivals; no matter the end voting result is.
But it seems that the men on power in the FREE WORLD are real fortunate that their people see their election scores as if they were about basket-ball games. So although Bush junior was refused by the half of the country he was imposed on it for 8 years (being the great actor, besides being the best American person, who knew how to play very well the naïve confused kid on 9/11/2001 then the naïve ignorant kid about Iraq).

Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
25-08-2016, 04:48 AM
(25-08-2016 04:18 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(25-08-2016 04:11 AM)KerimF Wrote:  So let us wait a brave atheist Wink who will explain us, using his own words, the good version... as in 'right/factual' Big Grin

"So let us await a brave atheist who will help explain it to us(me), using their own words, the right and proper hence 'Factual' version."

"So let us await (an a was missing) a brave atheist who will help explain it to us (me), using their (sorry it should be his not their Wink ) own words, the right and proper hence 'Factual' version."

Thank you.

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
25-08-2016, 04:50 AM
See you later. Bye

25-08-2016, 04:57 AM
(25-08-2016 02:24 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 08:00 AM)julep Wrote:  Called it.

You are kidding... right?
Do you really think that, since not less than 125 years in the least, the real world's top decision makers are naïve?

The world's masses are allowed to see their great actors only.

I mean...
Please don't tell me that the American troops went to Iraq to kill, steal, terrorize and divide the Iraqi people because Bush junior commanded them to invade and occupy Iraq in year 2003?

Please don't tell me that Al-Qaeda attacked, terrorized and destroyed every country (Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen and Syria for a few) in which the White House discovered a dictator just because Obama urged the world to save its people (as Bush junior saved the Iraqi people)?

I didn't need seeing/knowing the makers of my computer to believe they exist.
I don't need seeing the maker of my being (the most complex powerful computer I have) to believe he/she/it exists.

Similarly, I don't need seeing the top producers and directors of the today's international endless series "War on Terror" (introduced with a great success on 9/11/2001) to believe they exist.

But it is not a crime if someone prefers not to think seriously about matters that are not related directly to his family/friends and work.

Kerim

Not kidding, just responding to your disordered thinking in the way that seems best to me. I am not going to challenge your facts, which are few, or your interpretation, which is not rational.

I believe, from reading your posts, that you have had lifelong problems getting along with other humans because you don't understand them very well. That might have something to do with the way your brain operates (maybe you fall somewhere along the autistic spectrum?), and maybe the people who educated and raise you didn't help you to figure out social relationships when that would have been useful to you. They did you a grave disservice. So you've coped by constructing a view of the world and how humans function that is self-comforting and self-congratulatory. And of course you are also living in a war zone, which provides extra incentive for you to look for something to blame. I imagine it makes you feel better (because you enjoy feeling smarter than other people). Given your circumstances, I am glad that you are able to do something that comforts you.

The conspiracy theories, in terms of content, are of less interest to me, but it is instructive to see the how you shape your narrative. I'm sorry you have been so distressed throughout your life and wish you could have been helped earlier, and of course I wish that you didn't have to face so much violence and devastation.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
25-08-2016, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2016 05:23 AM by TheInquisition.)
(25-08-2016 01:58 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I am afraid that, also here, the word 'perfect' is a man-made thing in order to describe real things.

Perfect is an ill-defined term to describe someone's subjective viewpoint on something.

You might as well say something is wubulous.

God claims are something different entirely, god is considered the standard of perfection, this is something quite a bit more than ascribing a descriptive term to something that exists.

God becomes perfection itself, perfect is nothing more than a subjective term that has no underpinning definition.

There is nothing in the universe that is perfect, yet everything in the universe can be perfect, you can only assert that something is perfect, but it's a meaningless term based on subjective definitions.

Just as god has no coherent definition, perfect has no coherent definition.

Your professor considered perfection to be an unattainable value for a real person, it was only a descriptive term for an impossible and imaginary concept that only an imaginary thing with imaginary characteristics could posses.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
25-08-2016, 05:19 AM
(25-08-2016 12:43 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 01:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Finally, you can be a "practicing" theist, but you cannot be a practicing atheist; there's nothing to practice. No god-figure; no temples of worship; no wise men (priests/preachers/rabbis); no holy book; no dogma; no periodic gatherings or ceremonies (baptism/eucharist/liturgies); no symbolic artifacts etc.

If I understood you well, a real atheist is a person who believes whatever his personal reasoning approves.

Again (!!!) there is no such thing as a "real" atheist. That's simply your terminology, and it's wrong. One is either a theist (like you) OR an atheist. There are no gradations of atheism—just as there's no gradations of pregnancy. You can't be "really" pregnant, or "formally" pregnant.

Quote:Otherwise, an atheist should also have his wise men (for example, scientists/scholars approved by a well known organization in the least) and his holy articles that are written by his trusted thinkers also working for (or supervised by) a well known agency or system.

I'm a lifelong atheist, and I have—and have never had—any of these attributes you assign to atheists. I have no belief in any "wise men" as per the biblical Magi; rather, I accept the tenets of 21st-century science, and the empirical evidence scientists produce to support those tenets—rather than the wishful thinking or fantasies promoted by so-called, ancient "wise" men.

Quote:About his periodic gatherings and ceremonies, he likely attends the free democratic elections/polls that lead to 50.1% which is equivalent to 99.9%; both results are actually non-realistic (man-made).
Uh... WTF?

Quote:Finally, do you mean that all atheists have no flag for which they are ready to risk their life and even die?
Yes.

Quote:On my side, I have no man who is wiser than me; at best, a man could be as wise as I am.
In this case, I'm sorry, but you're suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Quote:I have doubts about the information given by 'any' reference said scientific or else. So I can't accept and add an idea (which should be useful in my life) to my set of knowledge till it passes the processes of my logical reasoning. Since long, I didn't join even a dancing party.

So as I read this, I understand that you do not accept the tenets of modern science, or in fact the claims of any other person—whether scientists or not. Further, it shows that you're either willfully and unreasonably ignoring the claims of people far better educated in the sciences than you, or you're simply a pompous, egotistical ignoramus. And I don't think it's the latter.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
25-08-2016, 07:14 AM
(25-08-2016 12:43 AM)KerimF Wrote:  On my side, I have no man who is wiser than me; at best, a man could be as wise as I am.

I have doubts about the information given by 'any' reference said scientific or else. So I can't accept and add an idea (which should be useful in my life) to my set of knowledge till it passes the processes of my logical reasoning.

Kerim

So, since you dont accept the opinion of experts (scientists) on any given subject,
please, oh wise man
what s your opinion about extraterrestrial life? I am talking about your skills in cosmology here. Do do have studied cosmology to give me an answer, correct?
And if some scientists are in disagreement with you on this, please explain why they are all wrong. dont hesitate to write long elaborate reviews, i will take time to read them.

Testing your skills in paleonthology: Did dinosaurs have feathers? What do you think? Regarding some of them there was even the question of the colour of their feathers. What do you think was the colour of their feathers? And why of course.

Vaccination: There is a big discussion in the US public about vaccination. What is your personal opinion as a qualified evolutionary biologist about this issue? Please explain the evolutionary background to me oh wise man

Ok, how about your skills in meterology/climate? What do you think of global warming, do you think its is true or a conspiracy? How does climate work anyway, can you explain it to me please oh wise man?

What about sending probes to newly discovered exoplantes around stars. Do you think there is life on Europa, Enceladus or Alpha Centauri? Please tell me, oh wise man.

You are qualified to have an opinion on all these scientific subjects, arent you, oh wise man?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
25-08-2016, 07:21 AM
(25-08-2016 05:19 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
Quote:I have doubts about the information given by 'any' reference said scientific or else. So I can't accept and add an idea (which should be useful in my life) to my set of knowledge till it passes the processes of my logical reasoning. Since long, I didn't join even a dancing party.

So as I read this, I understand that you do not accept the tenets of modern science, or in fact the claims of any other person—whether scientists or not. Further, it shows that you're either willfully and unreasonably ignoring the claims of people far better educated in the sciences than you, or you're simply a pompous, egotistical ignoramus. And I don't think it's the latter.

And this is why i wonder why he bothers to even come to this forum if he is a kind of solipsist regarding knowledge and how to gain it.
He cant be stupid enough not to see that his everyday life does not work the way reality works in his mind.
He wouldnt be riding a bicycle without trying to invent the wheel himself first if its true what he tells us about his thought processes.
So hes either lying or incledibly ignorant (or as suggested, possibly a kind of autistic). I have rarely seen a more bizarre representation of "reason" like this by any person for a long time.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
25-08-2016, 10:47 AM
(23-08-2016 12:03 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 08:25 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Being smarter than you it's nothing to be proud about if one left kindergarten behind.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

At least you predicted something (that my next thread had to be stupid) and it happened... to you in the least.

Kerim
Predicting that thread made by you will be stupid is akin to "predicting" that sun will rise tomorrow.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post