Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
12-12-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: A four years late formal introduction
(12-12-2016 02:23 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 01:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Cool, we got retirement, dogs and garden in common. I used to play online poker some years ago, too. I have also spent much time in Berkeley - a very long time ago.

Welcome!

That's cool. Were you in Berkeley for school? Both the wife and I did both under grad and grad studies there. It is just brutal to retire to such a place as your finances lose pace, but other than that I love it here. Where did you live when you were here and where did you resettle (I mean, assuming you're not in the witness protection program)? My neighborhood has generously been described as seedy. (We live in a 100+ year old warehouse where my wife also does her artwork; you don't generally get such a space in a nice neighborhood.) Oh, and I'm pegging you as a doberman guy, amirite?

What kind of gardening are you into? Other than the fruit trees I put in years ago I'm strictly ornamental. I figure we have good green grocers and the climate makes growing your own tomatoes pretty hard, so why fight it? While my climate won't produce great tomatoes it is exactly the sort of mild but rarely hot that I personally thrive best in.

Questions, questions! Big Grin I was in Berkeley for school, albeit I was one of those who took an interest in everything and finished nothing - I was building a business and taking classes on the side. Just pure curiosity. I lived in Oakland off Grand Avenue...spent a lot of time in Berkeley where all my friends lived.

Now I live in Southern Oregon near the CA border, where I have 4 mild seasons. Not the rain you get in the north, dry except in winter. Much better for the finances here than in Ca...

No, the Dobie is just in my sig because I liked the meme. I have a German Shepherd (flunked police canine) a Great Dane (just a year old, 110 pounds and growing) and two little fluff balls.

I have fruit trees, berries, an ornamental garden, and a veggie garden (lazy gardener, raised beds and drip irrigation). I grow too many tomatoes (is there such a thing?), playing around with heirlooms and end up giving a lot away. I also grow all kinds of veggies in season. I love just strolling out there and picking most of dinner... if the stuff ever makes it into the house. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Hello.

I remain unable to sign into AF. I think they barred me. Tried several times and then gave up.

Welcome here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
12-12-2016, 06:39 PM
About fucking time you showed up, here.

And, Banjo, I sent you a PM. I have a mod ready to help you over there.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
12-12-2016, 06:49 PM
(12-12-2016 06:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hello.

I remain unable to sign into AF. I think they barred me. Tried several times and then gave up.

Welcome here.

Everybody loves you, Banjo! Laugh out load Let Min help you defect!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-12-2016, 08:01 PM
(12-12-2016 05:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  Questions, questions! Big Grin I was in Berkeley for school, albeit I was one of those who took an interest in everything and finished nothing - I was building a business and taking classes on the side. Just pure curiosity. I lived in Oakland off Grand Avenue...spent a lot of time in Berkeley where all my friends lived.

Now I live in Southern Oregon near the CA border, where I have 4 mild seasons. Not the rain you get in the north, dry except in winter. Much better for the finances here than in Ca...

I was actually born in Oakland, at the now nonexistent navy hospital. Bought a party house with a couple friends and rented out a couple more rooms. No doubt you are in a much better place to retire. My youngest aunt (just 3 years my senior) has a small farm just outside of Ashland, just below. They grow most of their own food.

(12-12-2016 05:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  No, the Dobie is just in my sig because I liked the meme. I have a German Shepherd (flunked police canine) a Great Dane (just a year old, 110 pounds and growing) and two little fluff balls.

You definitely have the dog scene covered.

Any who, nice to cyber meet you.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
12-12-2016, 08:03 PM
(12-12-2016 06:39 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  About fucking time you showed up, here.

Thanks but dang, Min. You're slipping. Only 47 rep? You're dogging it.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
12-12-2016, 08:08 PM
(12-12-2016 08:03 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 06:39 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  About fucking time you showed up, here.

Thanks but dang, Min. You're slipping. Only 47 rep? You're dogging it.

He's a minimalist.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-12-2016, 09:42 PM
(12-12-2016 08:01 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 05:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  Questions, questions! Big Grin I was in Berkeley for school, albeit I was one of those who took an interest in everything and finished nothing - I was building a business and taking classes on the side. Just pure curiosity. I lived in Oakland off Grand Avenue...spent a lot of time in Berkeley where all my friends lived.

I was actually born in Oakland, at the now nonexistent navy hospital. Bought a party house with a couple friends and rented out a couple more rooms. No doubt you are in a much better place to retire. My youngest aunt (just 3 years my senior) has a small farm just outside of Ashland, just below. They grow most of their own food.

(12-12-2016 05:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  No, the Dobie is just in my sig because I liked the meme. I have a German Shepherd (flunked police canine) a Great Dane (just a year old, 110 pounds and growing) and two little fluff balls.

You definitely have the dog scene covered.

Any who, nice to cyber meet you.

I had my appendix and some other sort of innards removed at that hospital, in '74. Damn near died. A little over a week in a hospital elsewhere, Medivacced to Oakland, appendectomy and then a laparotomy. If I never see Oakland again, I'll be OK with that. Though I liked buying wood at McBeaths. Made some wood projects during my time in a medical holding company, after those surgeries (when I could get vertical). I still have a couple around, as I got them back when my mother died.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Hi there! I love your garden and your doggies Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post