A friend's son is dying

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2011, 01:48 AM
RE: A friend's son is dying
The dreaded c word. Sad so sorry to here. I cuddle my kiddos often with that horrible disease in mind. We have our memories, we should make them the best they can be. Thinking of your situation Sad sorry to hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Thumbs Down RE: A friend's son is dying
Oh wow, I'm so sorry.
Sad
22-07-2011, 10:19 AM
So sorry to hear about this.

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
12-08-2011, 03:58 AM
(21-07-2011 03:28 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
As my life was formed
out of the stardust of a great cosmic bang
I made a deal with nature
one day, I will become that same stardust again
but the person that once was me
will live on in the neurons of others
who, in a merciful twist of fortune
will only remember my good days

That's beautiful. Well said.

Young life ending so abruptly. How can anyone with the power to stop it let this happen?Sad

My sympathies to the childs family.

«Είμα Ανθρώπου. Είμαι όλοι για μένα. Δεν υπάρχουν Θεοί».
Ωμέγα Γάμμα
12-08-2011, 04:14 AM
(21-07-2011 01:13 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  Just found out that my former boss's son has an inoperable terminal brain tumor. He is only 6. A sweet beautiful boy.

Of course, I don't pray for, or have any anger toward a non-existent God. I am moved to near tears for her. She's heartbroken.

I just want to go home and hold my 4 year old son and tell him I love him.

Have a think about what we have here. A bunch of people who don't even know each other, from all corners of the globe, personally responding to someone's grief and despair with genuine human empathy. This is real and powerful and beautiful and is what we need to foster around the world as a replacement for religion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
12-08-2011, 04:32 AM
Sad my thoughts are with your former boss and her family. To be loosing a child so young is something no one should have to suffer. Life can be so cruel.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
12-08-2011, 06:10 PM
This is one of the few times I envy the believers. They're able to say, "I'll pray for your son," which offers some hope, however unfounded. I can't say that.

I dunno. Maybe it's not a question of what you say but of what you do: offering support in any way you can, making the person feel you're there for them.

So sad.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
12-08-2011, 07:46 PM
(12-08-2011 04:14 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Have a think about what we have here. A bunch of people who don't even know each other, from all corners of the globe, personally responding to someone's grief and despair with genuine human empathy. This is real and powerful and beautiful and is what we need to foster around the world as a replacement for religion.

That's what's happening. And it's happening of it's own accord brother. Even without us fostering it. Just happy to be a part of it and realize it. Empathy is the one true religion and it will inevitably manifest itself universally. It, not survival of the fittest, is the whole point of evolution. Survival of the fittest is merely a crude mechanism of action to get us here.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah, and then some "moral Christian" will say that we (the atheists) are devil worshipers with no moral, evil doers... Right.

Sorry to hear about the kid.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
13-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Young Foster, age 6, what could he know and understand? I’m certain that his mother, family, and friends are doing all that they can to pour a lifetime worth of love into what little time he has left.

Without experiences or wholly formed concepts about what his own death will be like, I am also certain that everyone is attempting to alleviate physical pain, and prevent any form of fear in his final days.

The end of a young life is most difficult for a family to mourn; as they wrestle with how to behave and what to tell the child. The child, even at 6, will know that something difficult is coming to pass. Foster will likely see changes in how he is hugged, different body language in those he is familiar with, and even tears of sorrow; and he will wonder why.

I do not know the belief system of the mother or family. However, having been a former minister I tread lightly around any belief system in these circumstances. I will not weave a fairy tale either. I simply approach these situations by affirming that all energy transforms, and we are made of energy. Foster is going to transform in a way that none of us has ever experienced. There is nothing to fear, for billions of people and animals have made this transformation before us. It is the way of life.

I hope that his last experiences are full of love, wonder, and peace as his energy transforms. I hope that the grief of his family will transform into acceptance of the natural condition while they claim firmly the memories they have of Foster.
Empathy, it is felt by caring people, even athiests.

Bringing this sad thing to our attention is an act of kindness and respect. Somehow we find more comfort when loss is shared. That simple act speaks volumes about both your humanity and what kind of person you are.
[+] 1 user Likes goodgodyall's post