A fundamental problem with Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 12:11 AM
A fundamental problem with Christianity
A standard part of "becoming a Christian" is "accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior". There are a few choice scriptures which Christians use when explaining how people are saved.

John 3:16 (NIV):
Quote:For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV):
Quote:For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.

It's the standard Christian dogma that people are saved simply by believing in Jesus and accepting His gift of forgiveness. However, Jesus Himself refutes this view in Matthew.

Matthew 7:21-23 (NIV):
Quote:“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

So, Christians must either adopt a non-standard dogma, or admit that their belief system is wrong. This seeming contradiction within the Bible stands above others simply because it's at the very core of the religion. Any intellectual within the religion must disbelieve the church's teachings in order to preserve the church's religion. But, without orthodoxy, the very word "Christian" refers to something a bit different from what the person now believes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like BlackEyedGhost's post
25-03-2016, 02:48 AM
RE: A fundamental problem with Christianity
(25-03-2016 12:11 AM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  A standard part of "becoming a Christian" is "accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior". There are a few choice scriptures which Christians use when explaining how people are saved.

John 3:16 (NIV):
Quote:For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV):
Quote:For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.

It's the standard Christian dogma that people are saved simply by believing in Jesus and accepting His gift of forgiveness. However, Jesus Himself refutes this view in Matthew.

Quote:“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

So, Christians must either adopt a non-standard dogma, or admit that their belief system is wrong. This seeming contradiction within the Bible stands above others simply because it's at the very core of the religion. Any intellectual within the religion must disbelieve the church's teachings in order to preserve the church's religion. But, without orthodoxy, the very word "Christian" refers to something a bit different from what the person now believes.

The fact that, even at this simple level, it is self-contradictory, ought to tell you something. No?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 03:11 AM
(25-03-2016 12:11 AM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV):

[quote]“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

What does this tell you? That jebus was a schizophrenic. But so are two out of every one person that I know.Big Grin

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 04:53 AM
The fundamental problem is gullibility mixed together with the idea of an all controlling force that they can some how manipulate with their thoughts.

Gullibility & Delusion

If you want you can add in this panacea being that removes guilt, provides shelter after you die and punishes your enemies.

It's all snake oil to cure all your ills and relieve all your worries

All this mental comfort, is of course, not free.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
25-03-2016, 05:07 AM
(25-03-2016 04:53 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  The fundamental problem is gullibility mixed together with the idea of an all controlling force that they can some how manipulate with their thoughts.

Gullibility & Delusion

If you want you can add in this panacea being that removes guilt, provides shelter after you die and punishes your enemies.

It's all snake oil to cure all your ills and relieve all your worries

All this mental comfort, is of course, not free.

Once, before christinsanity, Man and gods were almost on a par. Man believed that gods were there to assist in his trials and tribulations. Man was not afraid to ask his gods for help. Man believed that it was the gods' duty to help Man. Man believed that this was why gods existed - to help those that asked for their help. Man and his gods in perfect symbiosis.

Once, before christinsanity, Man had earned his place in the Universe.

Now, after christinsanity, we fear god. We bow our heads to his might lest he take his vengeance. Now we are his servants and we fear to ask for his help for christinsanity teaches us that it is selfish.

Man has lost his place in the universe.

Until christinsanity is eradicated from the world, Man will never regain his place.

christinsanity has been a bad thing for Man. It will continue to be so.

Fuck christinsanity.

[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 05:15 AM
(25-03-2016 05:07 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Man has lost his place in the universe.

Until christinsanity is eradicated from the world, Man will never regain his place.

christinsanity has been a bad thing for Man. It will continue to be so.

Fuck christinsanity.

Nietzsche would be in full agreement. As am I.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-03-2016, 05:24 AM
If such a contradictory document as "the scriptures" is the best a "supreme being" can inspire -- it's a strong indication that he isn't so "supreme".

Living your life "according to the scriptures" - would be like trying to put together a computer using random passages from the manufacturer's warranty, the third word from each chapter of the user's manual, and "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-03-2016, 05:27 AM
(25-03-2016 05:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If such a contradictory document as "the scriptures" is the best a "supreme being" can inspire -- it's a strong indication that he isn't so "supreme".

Living your life "according to the scriptures" - would be like trying to put together a computer using random passages from the manufacturer's vacuum cleaner warranty, the third word from each chapter of the user's manual, and "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss.

Fixed. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
25-03-2016, 06:06 AM
(25-03-2016 05:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If such a contradictory document as "the scriptures" is the best a "supreme being" can inspire -- it's a strong indication that he isn't so "supreme".

Living your life "according to the scriptures" - would be like trying to put together a computer using random passages from the manufacturer's warranty, the third word from each chapter of the user's manual, and "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss.

With reference to George Carlin:

God is the all powerful creator of the whole fucking universe, but hes a lousy writer and just cant handle money. Thats why he needs some "spiritual leaders" Big Grin to make himself clear.
and
He.needs.your.money!
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
25-03-2016, 06:08 AM
(25-03-2016 06:06 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

With reference to George Carlin:

God is the all powerful creator of the whole fucking universe, but hes a lousy writer and just cant handle money. Thats why he needs some "spiritual leaders" Big Grin to make himself clear.
and
He.needs.your.money!

The rent on heaven must be full on! Big Grin

Banjo.