A funny exchange with a creationist on Youtube.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2012, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2012 04:29 AM by pppgggr.)
A funny exchange with a creationist on Youtube.
I recently had an exchange with a youtube creationist that I find amusing. It was on Seth's "Morality Without God" video. He starts off putting up a half-decent argument, but then as he either misunderstands what I say, or twists it because he can't find any holes in my way of thinking, his arguments become more and more rediculous. I wish I had taken a different approach with my arguments, and if he persists, I probably will.

the bible sometimes talks about wicked acts. lots daughters were WRONG in doing this.also, not everything the righteous do is righteous. lot was spared, through gods mercy, not because he was perfect. so no, god does not support evil, he offers a way out. (litterally in some cases)
hiswords43 1 day ago

Explain the great flood, where he murdered everyone down to the last infant
pppgggr in reply to hiswords43 1 day ago

"their thoughts were only evil all the time".
hiswords43 in reply to pppgggr 1 day ago

If that was the case, society and man kind would have collapsed in on itself and there wouldn't have been need for mass murder. The race would have gone extinct on its own.
pppgggr in reply to hiswords43 14 hours ago

And on top of what I just stated, two wrongs never make a right. Slaughtering the god damned planet is as evil as ever.
pppgggr in reply to hiswords43 14 hours ago

[Excuse the expression I used in that comment. Just my way of speaking. Didnt think of it when I typed it]

so morale makes it rain? morale makes the palnts grow? no, god puts all of these things in motion and also sustains them. for " god sends rain on the wicked ,as well as the righteous". but let me tell you plainly, they were made to be good all the time, and they were always chipping away at that. he finally said, enouph! you can not have even what you have left of the goodness i gave you! as jesus says " those who have much will be given more, but those who have little, even that will be taken"
hiswords43 in reply to pppgggr 4 hours ago

You misunderstood what I said, and rain and the growth of plants can be explained by science, easily. A supposed "God" has nothing to do with it. I wasn't saying that Morale controls the entirety of the universe. I was saying that without morale, society simply would not work. It'd be chaos in the streets. Without Morale, every sense of a sophisticated society that we have today, would fall apart.....And most humans are dependant on their society. Without it, we'd have far more starving people.
pppgggr in reply to hiswords43 21 seconds ago

(meant to elaborate here, but ran outta space)

And I'm still awaiting his next post.

It seems as if most creationists are horribly uneducated. Anyone else notice how every time you speak to a creationist on the internet, they make no attempt at grammar? I find it amusing because it's hard to take anyone serious when they "tlk liek dis"......Though this particular one's grammar wasn't as bad as some of what I've seen.

(Funny thing is, that last statement had several grammar errors in it until I caught and fixed them. Tired brain)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pppgggr's post
25-05-2012, 06:28 AM
RE: A funny exchange with a creationist on Youtube.
I never cease to be amazed when I see people quote the bible as if it were a form of empirical evidence.

If it can't be tested, verified, or replicated, it ain't evidence.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
[+] 1 user Likes lightninlives's post
25-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Same as arguing "angels on head of pin". He is TOTALLY ignorant of origins AND meaning of both, flood and "fire and brimstone" myths. YOU have ALREADY followed him "down the rabbit hole".

ONLY question remaining : "why do atheists have to teach the Babble to believers" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
25-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah bad grammar bothers me. When you pick on someone for it, you often get the response to respond to their question, not divert attention to their grammar.

I disagree with this. If you can not even be bothered to take the time to learn how to properly construct a sentence and spell, then I can not be bothered to consider your ideas. Competent communication skills ARE required to be taken seriously in our culture, and I will be at someone's throat every time for it.
25-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Well, here's his latest post:

once again, you are delighted by this world. lets take an overview of man as god created him in the garden of eden( never was there war, famine, and plague) verses todays man(rarely without these things). things can get worse but............he finally said, enouph! you can not have even what you have left of the goodness i gave you! as jesus says " those who have much will be given more, but those.....
hiswords43 in reply to pppgggr 12 minutes ago

And my two replies

Your message cut off part-way through. And the example of the Garden of Eden simply labels the Christian god as a control freak. Someone eats a piece of fruit? No problem, he simply instills upon the woman excruciating pain(For he gave her birth pains because of this). In Genesis 38:8-10, Onan refuses to commit adultery with his brother's wife. No problem, the god simply strikes him dead. Leviticus 26:22 He threatened those that didn't listen with packs of animals. Check the Bible, it's all init
pppgggr in reply to hiswords43 (Show the comment) 5 minutes ago

This second argument I sent in a PM because Youtube didnt like the link.

I have -MANY- more. Go to this page: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/page/bible-atrocities
For every poorly thought-out excuse you make for one crime the god commits, there's an army of other crimes listed here. These aren't how they're exactly written in the Bible, but I have gone and checked myself, and the meaning is still there. The Christian god promotes murder, incest, rape, and slavery, all in the bible. He gave the jews specific instructions on how to beat their slaves.

And in your reply to this, at the very least -TRY- and use correct spelling, grammar, and wording. It's hard to take you seriously when you're spelling every other word incorrectly.

(That part about grammar was apart of my message to him)
26-05-2012, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2012 06:22 PM by Scarlet Pimpernel.)
(25-05-2012 11:02 AM)Superluminal Wrote:  Yeah bad grammar bothers me. When you pick on someone for it, you often get the response to respond to their question, not divert attention to their grammar.

I disagree with this. If you can not even be bothered to take the time to learn how to properly construct a sentence and spell, then I can not be bothered to consider your ideas. Competent communication skills ARE required to be taken seriously in our culture, and I will be at someone's throat every time for it.
Hi5, bro! Ahm wiv U 100 pursent, mon!
Order is a precondition for the facilitation of productive communication.
Hey, let's do a GG, a Grammar Gestapo! And goose-step around the forum, kicking every fucking misspeller in the butt with our jackboots! Big Grin
Oh no, the mods already occupy that spot. Confused