A future Pastor and Christian Apologist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2012, 09:28 AM
RE: A future Pastor and Christian Apologist
(22-08-2012 09:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 07:31 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Yes, KC. So don't do it from now on.

And yet, you so quick to quip, did exactly what you condemned.

Keep reading.

Instructions are given to the man. If the man is following these instructions, then the wife should not have a problem being submissive because her husband is acting in Christ.

A load of responsibility is place on the husband as the head of the household, and in order to honor that, the wife must be respectful; likewise, the husband must be loving in every way to his wife.

In light of which, it is very easy to see where the Quran stole its morality.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-08-2012, 09:40 AM
(22-08-2012 09:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 09:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  And yet, you so quick to quip, did exactly what you condemned.

Keep reading.

Instructions are given to the man. If the man is following these instructions, then the wife should not have a problem being submissive because her husband is acting in Christ.

A load of responsibility is place on the husband as the head of the household, and in order to honor that, the wife must be respectful; likewise, the husband must be loving in every way to his wife.

In light of which, it is very easy to see where the Quran stole its morality.

Forcing submission isn't what Peter is saying here.

Submission to the husband would be done in joy because the husband understands, cares for, and loves his wife. He wants her to be happy and joyful and all she wants and needs. The husband gives love and understanding in return of respect and submission.

Husbands and wives acting Christ-like have done this for centuries.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
22-08-2012, 09:45 AM
(22-08-2012 09:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 09:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  In light of which, it is very easy to see where the Quran stole its morality.

Submission to the husband would be done in joy because the husband understands, cares for, and loves his wife. He wants her to be happy and joyful and all she wants and needs. The husband gives love and understanding in return of respect and submission.

Why not just be equal partners. Why go through some ancient rigamarole of trying to set up artificial boundaries and roles?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
22-08-2012, 09:47 AM
(22-08-2012 09:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 09:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  In light of which, it is very easy to see where the Quran stole its morality.

And they've beaten, raped, and subjugated for centuries. It's all good.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
22-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Who wants to set the over/under on how long TR will stay?

Also interested in betting on how the over/under for how many pages this thread will end up with.

Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-08-2012, 10:15 AM
(22-08-2012 09:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Who wants to set the over/under on how long TR will stay?

Also interested in betting on how the over/under for how many pages this thread will end up with.

Drinking Beverage

I'm not going to play. I can't believe KC is still here or that "Ask a theist" has gone on for more pages than Revelations.No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-08-2012, 10:17 AM
(22-08-2012 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not going to play. I can't believe KC is still here or that "Ask a theist" has gone on for more pages than Revelations.No
I'll wait until he brings forth just one piece of evidence supporting the claims he has made in this thread.

Which is most likely never going to happen.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-08-2012, 10:26 AM
(22-08-2012 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 09:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Who wants to set the over/under on how long TR will stay?

Drinking Beverage

I'm not going to play. I can't believe KC is still here or that "Ask a theist" has gone on for more pages than Revelations.No

Can't we just set up a "protocol" for visiting deists/theists ?
Like kind of automate the procedure ?
Day 1...bla bla bla. sign in and state how they are "unique".
Day 2 ............
Day 3 ............ etc etc.

If they are still here, after they have refuted all the usual stuff, and "agreed" they understand certain basics, then they can be "routed" to a live atheist, and "assigned", if they wish further deprogramming. I for one, am getting really sick of acting as wet-nurse to every nooby questioner who shows up, with not one ounce of knowledge of science/philosophy/theology/scripture/ancient history, especially these wanna-be pastor types who think they're gonna test out their "skills" on us. I mean, I've only been here a year, and how many is this ?
Like a trillion ?

Wow .. Lorenzo is acting strange .. like he wants to get in the car !! I think he WANTS to go surfing !! Finally !! Ha !! See ya.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-08-2012, 10:30 AM
(22-08-2012 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not going to play. I can't believe KC is still here or that "Ask a theist" has gone on for more pages than Revelations.No

Can't we just set up a "protocol" for visiting deists/theists ?
Like kind of automate the procedure ?
Day 1...bla bla bla. sign in and state how they are "unique".
Day 2 ............
Day 3 ............ etc etc.

If they are still here, after they have refuted all the usual stuff, and "agreed" they understand certain basics, then they can be "routed" to a live atheist, and "assigned", if they wish further deprogramming. I for one, am getting really sick of acting as wet-nurse to every nooby questioner who shows up, with not one ounce of knowledge of science/philosophy/theology/scripture/ancient history, especially these wanna-be pastor types who think they're gonna test out their "skills" on us. I mean, I've only been here a year, and how many is this ?
Like a trillion ?

Wow .. Lorenzo is acting strange .. like he wants to get in the car !! I think he WANTS to go surfing !! Finally !! Ha !! See ya.

Now, now Bucky.

You know you love me.

22-08-2012, 10:31 AM
(22-08-2012 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Drinking Beverage

Because I have resilience? Maybe. Or, I just enjoy punishment.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post