A future Pastor and Christian Apologist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: A future Pastor and Christian Apologist
(20-08-2012 04:56 PM)TrueReason Wrote:  If someone is influenced by the arguments I present, I will count it an honor and a privilege, but my expectations here are not to convert everybody.

Not everybody... but what, other than 100%? You're here to proselytise. If an atheist were to turn up to one of your prayer-meetings, with a welcome message that included the admission that they hoped to deconvert some of you (but not everybody)... how would you feel? Would you think that they're being considerate?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. You should be familiar with those words. It is the baseline for a considerate agent.

(20-08-2012 06:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Good to have you here, Tom. More theists are a plus.

Regardless of their intent? I can't be arsed doing an image Google for a facepalm, so pretend that I did (pick your favourite one) and imagine it sitting here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Red Celt's post
20-08-2012, 07:03 PM
And I should mention that I chose to attend large Universities rather than small bible colleges, exposing myself to reality rather than a protective cloister. I appreciate your attempt to expose yourself to alternate opinions here.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like closet.atheist's post
20-08-2012, 07:06 PM
A future Pastor and Christian Apologist
Welcome, Tom.
Having audited Biola's apologetics program in the past, I look forward to mocking hearing what you have to say.
Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 7 users Like Erxomai's post
20-08-2012, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 07:28 PM by kingschosen.)
(20-08-2012 07:00 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 04:56 PM)TrueReason Wrote:  If someone is influenced by the arguments I present, I will count it an honor and a privilege, but my expectations here are not to convert everybody.

Not everybody... but what, other than 100%? You're here to proselytise. If an atheist were to turn up to one of your prayer-meetings, with a welcome message that included the admission that they hoped to deconvert some of you (but not everybody)... how would you feel? Would you think that they're being considerate?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. You should be familiar with those words. It is the baseline for a considerate agent.

(20-08-2012 06:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Good to have you here, Tom. More theists are a plus.

Regardless of their intent? I can't be arsed doing an image Google for a facepalm, so pretend that I did (pick your favourite one) and imagine it sitting here.

You act as if this atheist community (TTA) is helpless against a theist.

If a theist intends to try and preach, trust me... they will be eviscerated without mercy. I've seen it happen.

More theists are a good thing because it provides variety and prevents stagnation and circle jerking.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
20-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Anyway Tom, I have 5 questions I like to ask Christians when they come.

If you don't want to answer these, don't feel obligated.

1) Do you believe in the Doctrine of Free Will (Arminian) or the Doctrine of Election (Calvinist)?

2) What is your belief on Origins? Are you a Young Earth Creationist (YEC), Old Earth Creationist (OEC), Progressive Creationist (PC), Theistic Evolutionist (TE), or an Evolutionary Creationist (EC)?

3) What is your eschatological belief?

4) Do you believe the Bible is 100% literal?

5) Do you believe "inspired" equates to being literally inerrant?

20-08-2012, 07:31 PM
(20-08-2012 07:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  More theists are a good thing because it provides variety and prevents stagnation and circle jerking.

You've said before that your theist companions know that you are a bit irregular... but I'd pay good money to see you tell them all (perhaps this coming Sunday, at church) that (with a lack of atheists) they're involved in one big weekly circle-jerk.
20-08-2012, 07:33 PM
(20-08-2012 06:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 06:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or a mixed blessing.Consider

You're right on that.

Can we please stop agreeing?

It is quite disturbing, isn't it? Shocking

Erxy - please run a check on the space-time continuum. I thought I heard some tearing.Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
20-08-2012, 07:35 PM
(20-08-2012 07:31 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 07:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  More theists are a good thing because it provides variety and prevents stagnation and circle jerking.

You've said before that your theist companions know that you are a bit irregular... but I'd pay good money to see you tell them all (perhaps this coming Sunday, at church) that (with a lack of atheists) they're involved in one big weekly circle-jerk.

I've actually said that to a some of the people that listened to this one guy and never questioned what he said. Of course, I used more eloquence, but regardless... didn't go over too well.

Meh.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
20-08-2012, 07:37 PM
(20-08-2012 07:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If a theist's intends to try and preach, trust me... they will be eviscerated without mercy. I've seen it happen.

I mean if you're fucking asking for it to test your mettle against an atheist who couldn't give less of a shit about your metaphysics, who am I to deny your desire? No skin off my scrotum.

I agree with that, but if they can't take Girly swearing like a goddam fucking sailor like AbdelZ couldn't then they oughtta get the fuck out now, 'cause it's goddam guaranteed to fucking happen.

(20-08-2012 07:00 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Not everybody... but what, other than 100%? You're here to proselytise. If an atheist were to turn up to one of your prayer-meetings, with a welcome message that included the admission that they hoped to deconvert some of you (but not everybody)... how would you feel? Would you think that they're being considerate?

Sometimes I feel like putting your Celtic ass in a Girly headlock followed by a noogie while repeating "Leave the puppies alone Celt, they are incapable of understanding what you're saying." Other times I just say meh, fuck it.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-08-2012, 07:45 PM
(20-08-2012 07:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sometimes I feel like putting your Celtic ass in a Girly headlock followed by a noogie while repeating "Leave the puppies alone Celt, they are incapable of understanding what you're saying." Other times I just say meh, fuck it.

Hey, I welcomed KC's friend Travis. Compare his introductory message with TrueReason's... the guy is here to convert. I don't welcome the inconsiderate. Furry Muff? Unsure
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post