A good (yet slightly annoying) way to learn :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2012, 10:08 AM
A good (yet slightly annoying) way to learn :)
I have an important biology test in a few days about evolution, and like all studying that involves a computer, you can't help but visiting youtube a few times every 10 minutes (or less...). I also know that the best way to learn something is to educate others on he subject, so debating creationists on youtube have turned out to be very effective. Although it's rather... painful sometimes, as I'm sure that most of you have experienced to some degree. Wink

I usually don't feed the trolls, but since they prove slightly helpful in my studies (although maybe more on the conscious level than the educational level) I figured, what the hell. Tongue

"Stay hungry, stay foolish" - Steve Jobs
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2012, 12:05 PM
RE: A good (yet slightly annoying) way to learn :)
Do not feed the TROLLS !!!

02-04-2012, 12:41 PM
(02-04-2012 12:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Do not feed the TROLLS !!!
I'm... I'm... s-s-sorry! Sad They were just too hungry, I couldn't stand leaving them without a nice, home cooked ass-woopin' served to them. :/ If it'll make any difference, I shall now make them starve.

"Stay hungry, stay foolish" - Steve Jobs
02-04-2012, 01:51 PM
As a former education major, I have learned about proven methods designed to help students remember large amounts of information. The best way to do this is to break up the material into different parts, only moving on to the next part once you have mastered the first. This is because when you try to cram for a test, you only remember stuff from the beginning and stuff at the end. For some reason the brain just throws out the middle. Studying in parts will help you absorb more of the information. This of course means that you have to start studying in advance of the test, instead of the night before.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How good are you at exercising this virtue? Wicked Clown 15 189 Yesterday 04:25 PM
Last Post: Mr Woof
  Ah, well, good on you Alabama... Ferdinand 13 196 26-06-2014 05:51 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Cracked: 5 deviant sex acts science says are good for you RobbyPants 12 227 18-06-2014 06:08 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Good Role Models Ferdinand 9 134 27-05-2014 02:58 PM
Last Post: kim
  Why do Christians insist that God is necessary for a good marriage? lovehumanitynotinsanity 12 201 19-05-2014 02:28 PM
Last Post: Full Circle
  A Good Purchase Ferdinand 15 225 19-04-2014 01:56 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Anybody seen any good movies recently? prettylogical 11 145 30-03-2014 01:47 AM
Last Post: prettylogical