A "gotcha" argument for Satan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 12:11 PM
RE: A "gotcha" argument for Satan
(17-03-2015 12:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 05:52 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You need to think outside your perspective at times and not view it in the way you take the concepts. Your opinion and choice isn't the only view. You're going to be labeled in ways you don't agree with, everyone is at a point. To be defensive over it out of a desire for respect shows off immaturity. Especially when you say, you're calling me "mainline denominational" which was never said or implied,. What reason should you be respected? You don't deserve respect when your conduct is deplorable. If you kept saying I'm agnostic and not atheists; I wouldn't jolt out at you and say I am not a Huxley Agnostic! It would be along the same lines, saying you're saying something about me that you never said. You wouldn't be indicating it was as specific as I took it. It would be me at fault for interpreting your comments that way.. but would your labeling or "lack or respect" affect me? No, so it really is an needless point that makes me come off as irrational.

Not sure what you're asking about the tests... as it seems you think use of test was about testing god. I'm just saying GOD uses tests, e.g. Job. That was a test. Widdling down to X amount of good men left in Sodom and I'll spare it. It's little tests and games God plays in those texts.

You would obey someone simply because they exert power over you? I would think that is a far more telling scenario and frightening for humanity. It's boiled down to a view of authority. It's going to be a different view, some people VALUE the moral figure of authority/traditions/purity/etc. and others sometimes don't. I don't it as sensible to obey or respect because they are more powerful than me. That's an emotional position lead by fear or subjection. I don't obey governments or laws based on them being authority.. I obey laws that are judged by examining the criteria of what I deem sensible logically. I don't often obey Jaywalking laws when I'm in rural or low traffic suburbs, but I'll obey jaywalking laws in metropolitan cities because I see the purpose and effect there on greater scales. I don't obey every law officer I see, if one is acting foolish I don't deem him worthy of respect simply because of some authority. If a different polieman exerts well mannered authority, I do obey him.

I understand. I will obey when someone points a gun at my head and you will disobey. This is why I'd never ask you to keep my pets or babysit my children! And why you keep seeing a gun in God's hand instead of flowers and candy.

These kids seem to be missing out on the candy.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
17-03-2015, 12:20 PM
(11-03-2015 12:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Would it help if I pointed out from that first chapter of Job how Satan killed all of Job's family except his wife? Thus we can say Satan is a murderer if not a liar, and acknowledge one-half of Jesus's statement in this matter.

Can satan kill or murder anyone or anything without gods approval?

You really can't be that god blind, are you?
Find all posts by this user
17-03-2015, 12:54 PM
(17-03-2015 12:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 11:13 AM)Leo Wrote:  That's bullshit. Jesus being " real" don't necessarily make christianity true. And your are a protestant.

If Religion is BS, why call me a Protestant? Be consistent--and sincere.

You aren't the one consistent . You are claiming not to be Protestant when you really are a Protestant. And religion is bullshit not matter if you are a Protestant or from other religion. You are one of the most dishonest theists trolls in the site. So claiming I'm not sincere is a irony , specially coming from you.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
17-03-2015, 02:16 PM
(17-03-2015 12:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 05:52 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You need to think outside your perspective at times and not view it in the way you take the concepts. Your opinion and choice isn't the only view. You're going to be labeled in ways you don't agree with, everyone is at a point. To be defensive over it out of a desire for respect shows off immaturity. Especially when you say, you're calling me "mainline denominational" which was never said or implied,. What reason should you be respected? You don't deserve respect when your conduct is deplorable. If you kept saying I'm agnostic and not atheists; I wouldn't jolt out at you and say I am not a Huxley Agnostic! It would be along the same lines, saying you're saying something about me that you never said. You wouldn't be indicating it was as specific as I took it. It would be me at fault for interpreting your comments that way.. but would your labeling or "lack or respect" affect me? No, so it really is an needless point that makes me come off as irrational.

Not sure what you're asking about the tests... as it seems you think use of test was about testing god. I'm just saying GOD uses tests, e.g. Job. That was a test. Widdling down to X amount of good men left in Sodom and I'll spare it. It's little tests and games God plays in those texts.

You would obey someone simply because they exert power over you? I would think that is a far more telling scenario and frightening for humanity. It's boiled down to a view of authority. It's going to be a different view, some people VALUE the moral figure of authority/traditions/purity/etc. and others sometimes don't. I don't it as sensible to obey or respect because they are more powerful than me. That's an emotional position lead by fear or subjection. I don't obey governments or laws based on them being authority.. I obey laws that are judged by examining the criteria of what I deem sensible logically. I don't often obey Jaywalking laws when I'm in rural or low traffic suburbs, but I'll obey jaywalking laws in metropolitan cities because I see the purpose and effect there on greater scales. I don't obey every law officer I see, if one is acting foolish I don't deem him worthy of respect simply because of some authority. If a different polieman exerts well mannered authority, I do obey him.

I understand. I will obey when someone points a gun at my head and you will disobey. This is why I'd never ask you to keep my pets or babysit my children! And why you keep seeing a gun in God's hand instead of flowers and candy.

I don't really see any Gods with menace with guns upon their hands. But I also don't view authority as just or worthy of following simply for being powerful, nor for it having things in their hands such as pretty flowers and candy.

This thread does bring up the question related to that of. How do you know God is the "good" one you want to believe in and Satan is the "bad" one?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-03-2015, 10:17 AM
All,

Four posts to respond to me and four times we have shifted goalposts. But I'll try to respond.

At this point calling me a Protestant is like calling me a Negro when I want to be called Black. It's simply disreputable and disrespectful of you, however, it beats being called $%^&face every other post, so by all means, call me a Protestant after umpteen posts on other threads that I can never call anyone anything or any kind of Christian without your invoking an NTS. You are adding "ridiculous" to "rude" IMHO.

Quote:I also don't view authority as just or worthy of following simply for being powerful, nor for it having things in their hands such as pretty flowers and candy.

Got it. You wouldn't follow god or any authority figure simply because they offered you threats, rewards or both. Like when you are in school and the professor says, "Read my textbook and study and you'll get good grades--or fail," and you tell the professor to go drop dead. Got it. Once you understand the principle that God is to be obeyed as much or more than a college professor, you will gain wisdom.

Quote:This thread does bring up the question related to that of. How do you know God is the "good" one you want to believe in and Satan is the "bad" one?

I've had literary/Bible/see the results experience with both persons. Satan is bad. Satan adores atheism and apatheism.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
18-03-2015, 10:24 AM
You are called a protestant because you are a fucking protestant. You are acting as a black person claiming not to be black. And when you see the skin of the person , he is clearly black.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
18-03-2015, 11:10 AM
(18-03-2015 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Four posts to respond to me and four times we have shifted goalposts. But I'll try to respond.

At this point calling me a Protestant is like calling me a Negro when I want to be called Black. It's simply disreputable and disrespectful of you, however, it beats being called $%^&face every other post, so by all means, call me a Protestant after umpteen posts on other threads that I can never call anyone anything or any kind of Christian without your invoking an NTS. You are adding "ridiculous" to "rude" IMHO.

Protestant
noun

1. any Western Christian who is not an adherent of a Catholic, Anglican, or Eastern Church.
  2. an adherent of any of those Christian bodies that separated from the Church of Rome during the Reformation, or of any group descended from them.
  3. originally) any of the German princes who protested against the decision of the Diet of Speyer in 1529, which had denounced the Reformation.

By definition 1, you are a protestant.

Quote:
Quote:I also don't view authority as just or worthy of following simply for being powerful, nor for it having things in their hands such as pretty flowers and candy.

Got it. You wouldn't follow god or any authority figure simply because they offered you threats, rewards or both. Like when you are in school and the professor says, "Read my textbook and study and you'll get good grades--or fail," and you tell the professor to go drop dead. Got it.

No, you don't 'got it'. The professor has a valid reason for his/her authority and directions - NOT SIMPLY FOR BEING POWERFUL.

Quote:Once you understand the principle that God is to be obeyed as much or more than a college professor, you will gain wisdom.

College professors demonstrably exist.

Quote:
Quote:This thread does bring up the question related to that of. How do you know God is the "good" one you want to believe in and Satan is the "bad" one?

I've had literary/Bible/see the results experience with both persons. Satan is bad. Satan adores atheism and apatheism.

Please provide evidence for the existence of Satan, otherwise you are just spouting horseshit.

[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
19-03-2015, 10:30 AM
I do get it. The professor has reasons to earn our respect besides his power, but when a strong man says "Obey or I'll break your arm," you must choose to exercise free will in the way you see fit. In God's case, you may exercise your free will to receive blessing or curses. It's always been your choice.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
19-03-2015, 10:35 AM
(19-03-2015 10:30 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I do get it. The professor has reasons to earn our respect besides his power, but when a strong man says "Obey or I'll break your arm," you must choose to exercise free will in the way you see fit. In God's case, you may exercise your free will to receive blessing or curses. It's always been your choice.

No god has ever offered me anything. So there's that. Drinking Beverage

19-03-2015, 05:22 PM
(19-03-2015 10:30 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  .... "Obey or I'll break your arm," you must choose to exercise free will in the way you see fit. In God's case, you may exercise your free will to receive blessing or curses. It's always been your choice.
You know there is a word for that exact thing right shithead? It's called extortion. Which makes your god, as you yourself have described him, little more then a criminal mob boss.

Not that it matters as your just making shit up but seriously kid, you do a terrible job representing your god. It's honestly rather funny.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post