A "gotcha" argument for Satan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: A "gotcha" argument for Satan
(19-03-2015 10:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-03-2015 10:30 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I do get it. The professor has reasons to earn our respect besides his power, but when a strong man says "Obey or I'll break your arm," you must choose to exercise free will in the way you see fit. In God's case, you may exercise your free will to receive blessing or curses. It's always been your choice.

No god has ever offered me anything. So there's that. Drinking Beverage

Repeating, just because God hasn't appeared to you doesn't mean he won't at some future date--and that is somewhat different than the old Xian "You're in denial, bit."

But if you keep angering God by willful disobedience...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2015, 02:23 PM
(17-03-2015 12:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 12:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I understand. I will obey when someone points a gun at my head and you will disobey. This is why I'd never ask you to keep my pets or babysit my children! And why you keep seeing a gun in God's hand instead of flowers and candy.

These kids seem to be missing out on the candy.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

As I've written elsewhere at TTA, on a limited income my family financially supports other families in Africa and Asia, so that their children are both fed and may attend school fulltime rather than work in the fields. What do YOU do about this. Or as Jesus said, is there a plank in your eye before you pick a speck out of mine/God's?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
20-03-2015, 02:24 PM
(19-03-2015 05:22 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(19-03-2015 10:30 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  .... "Obey or I'll break your arm," you must choose to exercise free will in the way you see fit. In God's case, you may exercise your free will to receive blessing or curses. It's always been your choice.
You know there is a word for that exact thing right shithead? It's called extortion. Which makes your god, as you yourself have described him, little more then a criminal mob boss.

Not that it matters as your just making shit up but seriously kid, you do a terrible job representing your god. It's honestly rather funny.

One man's extortion is another man's following the professor's syllabus. Tell the teacher, who can either flunk you or commend you, why he is extorting you.

Tell your wife when she says she wants a back massage before you have hot sex tonight why she is extorting you.

Tell me when I tell you I care about you, that God is extorting me to show you the love of Jesus Christ.

20-03-2015, 05:04 PM
(20-03-2015 02:21 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(19-03-2015 10:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  No god has ever offered me anything. So there's that. Drinking Beverage

Repeating, just because God hasn't appeared to you doesn't mean he won't at some future date--and that is somewhat different than the old Xian "You're in denial, bit."

Seriously, dude, when you present any objective evidence for a god I will consider your concerns.

Until then, keep your childish admonitions to yourself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-03-2015, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2015 05:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-03-2015 02:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Tell me when I tell you I care about you, that God is exhorting me to show you the love of Jesus Christ.

Fixt. But why you need something outside yourself for that. Seems like a character flaw to me. Oh, and it's not the love of Jesus Christ, it is The Word. The Code of Hammurabi, Confucius, Lao-Tze, Thales, Epicurus, Socrates, Plato, and many others spread The Word long before the Nazarene. Only reason I can think you give him credit is you aren't aware of this.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
20-03-2015, 05:46 PM
(20-03-2015 02:23 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 12:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  These kids seem to be missing out on the candy.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

As I've written elsewhere at TTA, on a limited income my family financially supports other families in Africa and Asia, so that their children are both fed and may attend school fulltime rather than work in the fields. What do YOU do about this. Or as Jesus said, is there a plank in your eye before you pick a speck out of mine/God's?

outstanding, I do the same through an atheist organization...don't need belief in a made up god for that.

https://foundationbeyondbelief.org/

[Image: 34gvh3l.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 8 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
21-03-2015, 05:08 AM
(20-03-2015 02:21 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Repeating, just because God hasn't appeared to you doesn't mean he won't at some future date--and that is somewhat different than the old Xian "You're in denial, bit."

So god is intentionally hardening my heart?

Why do you suppose it's doing that?
21-03-2015, 03:33 PM
(20-03-2015 05:46 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 02:23 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  As I've written elsewhere at TTA, on a limited income my family financially supports other families in Africa and Asia, so that their children are both fed and may attend school fulltime rather than work in the fields. What do YOU do about this. Or as Jesus said, is there a plank in your eye before you pick a speck out of mine/God's?

outstanding, I do the same through an atheist organization...don't need belief in a made up god for that.

https://foundationbeyondbelief.org/

[Image: 34gvh3l.jpg]

and may I point out, that Xtians hand out food with an agenda..here, read this book/pamphlet, or attend this mind raping subjugative fairy tale based class for a bowl of rice...atheists just hand out food...no agenda.....who has the moral high ground?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 7 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
21-03-2015, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 04:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-03-2015 03:33 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  and may I point out, that Xtians hand out food with an agenda..here, read this book/pamphlet, or attend this mind raping subjugative fairy tale based class for a bowl of rice...atheists just hand out food...no agenda.....who has the moral high ground?

That's going here. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-03-2015, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 04:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-03-2015 05:08 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 02:21 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Repeating, just because God hasn't appeared to you doesn't mean he won't at some future date--and that is somewhat different than the old Xian "You're in denial, bit."

So god is intentionally hardening my heart?

Why do you suppose it's doing that?

Stock in statins?

They do seem to work though. At least for these old hippies.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post