A "gotcha" argument for Satan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: A "gotcha" argument for Satan
(21-03-2015 03:33 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  and may I point out, that Xtians hand out food with an agenda..here, read this book/pamphlet, or attend this mind raping subjugative fairy tale based class for a bowl of rice...atheists just hand out food...no agenda.....who has the moral high ground?

The rice.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-03-2015, 04:09 AM
(21-03-2015 05:08 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 02:21 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Repeating, just because God hasn't appeared to you doesn't mean he won't at some future date--and that is somewhat different than the old Xian "You're in denial, bit."

But if you keep angering God by willful disobedience...

So god is intentionally hardening my heart?

Why do you suppose it's doing that?

What do you say Q? Is God intenionally heardening my heart?

It's documented to have done that in the past to other hearts.

23-03-2015, 06:38 AM
Yes
(21-03-2015 04:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 05:08 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  So god is intentionally hardening my heart?

Why do you suppose it's doing that?

Stock in statins?

god buy stocks in toilet paper too?

Design your creation to be dependent on something then make a killing off of the investments.
23-03-2015, 01:30 PM
(20-03-2015 05:46 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 02:23 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  As I've written elsewhere at TTA, on a limited income my family financially supports other families in Africa and Asia, so that their children are both fed and may attend school fulltime rather than work in the fields. What do YOU do about this. Or as Jesus said, is there a plank in your eye before you pick a speck out of mine/God's?

outstanding, I do the same through an atheist organization...don't need belief in a made up god for that.

https://foundationbeyondbelief.org/

[Image: 34gvh3l.jpg]

Look how fat that bible salesman is? Gluttony much?
[+] 1 user Likes H4ym4n's post
24-03-2015, 01:56 PM
All,

Who said "God is hardening your heart"? I'm not a believer in predestination but rather, free will, so you may only either harden your own heart and mind or, which seems rather more likely, God hasn't revealed Himself to you yet.

But I'm here to forward the process if I may, and what would help a heap is if you would actually tell me what evidence you seek...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2015, 02:19 PM
(18-03-2015 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Four posts to respond to me and four times we have shifted goalposts. But I'll try to respond.

At this point calling me a Protestant is like calling me a Negro when I want to be called Black. It's simply disreputable and disrespectful of you, however, it beats being called $%^&face every other post, so by all means, call me a Protestant after umpteen posts on other threads that I can never call anyone anything or any kind of Christian without your invoking an NTS. You are adding "ridiculous" to "rude" IMHO.

Quote:I also don't view authority as just or worthy of following simply for being powerful, nor for it having things in their hands such as pretty flowers and candy.

Got it. You wouldn't follow god or any authority figure simply because they offered you threats, rewards or both. Like when you are in school and the professor says, "Read my textbook and study and you'll get good grades--or fail," and you tell the professor to go drop dead. Got it. Once you understand the principle that God is to be obeyed as much or more than a college professor, you will gain wisdom.

Quote:This thread does bring up the question related to that of. How do you know God is the "good" one you want to believe in and Satan is the "bad" one?

I've had literary/Bible/see the results experience with both persons. Satan is bad. Satan adores atheism and apatheism.

In my view, I would say you have an example of what is fundamentally wrong with the educational system that has existed for centuries. There shouldn't be a motivation based on desiring to get "good grades" or obeying the power of the teacher. The purpose of being in a school class is to grow and learn. Those should be the reasons if you're following a professors syllabus or guidelines to read something. If you deem it worthy to experience you should take to those orders, and a teacher should be trying to find a way to engage all the people without resorting to "extortion" (if you want to call it that.)

And when it comes to God/Satan. You have experience with these "persons?" Seeing Satan as anything but that one character in Job seems odd for a proclaimed literal interpretation of the bible. That doesn't help define what good or bad even is either.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-03-2015, 03:51 AM
(24-03-2015 01:56 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Who said "God is hardening your heart"? I'm not a believer in predestination but rather, free will, so you may only either harden your own heart and mind or, which seems rather more likely, God hasn't revealed Himself to you yet.

But I'm here to forward the process if I may, and what would help a heap is if you would actually tell me what evidence you seek...

So if god revealed itself to you and a select few but ignore many others then your god is nothing more then a puppet master.

[Image: asset-35php_zpsc3ab16b5.jpeg]

Did god reveal itself to you Q? Or are you using your free will to believe something you know aint so.

27-03-2015, 01:27 PM
(24-03-2015 02:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Four posts to respond to me and four times we have shifted goalposts. But I'll try to respond.

At this point calling me a Protestant is like calling me a Negro when I want to be called Black. It's simply disreputable and disrespectful of you, however, it beats being called $%^&face every other post, so by all means, call me a Protestant after umpteen posts on other threads that I can never call anyone anything or any kind of Christian without your invoking an NTS. You are adding "ridiculous" to "rude" IMHO.

Got it. You wouldn't follow god or any authority figure simply because they offered you threats, rewards or both. Like when you are in school and the professor says, "Read my textbook and study and you'll get good grades--or fail," and you tell the professor to go drop dead. Got it. Once you understand the principle that God is to be obeyed as much or more than a college professor, you will gain wisdom.

I've had literary/Bible/see the results experience with both persons. Satan is bad. Satan adores atheism and apatheism.

In my view, I would say you have an example of what is fundamentally wrong with the educational system that has existed for centuries. There shouldn't be a motivation based on desiring to get "good grades" or obeying the power of the teacher. The purpose of being in a school class is to grow and learn. Those should be the reasons if you're following a professors syllabus or guidelines to read something. If you deem it worthy to experience you should take to those orders, and a teacher should be trying to find a way to engage all the people without resorting to "extortion" (if you want to call it that.)

And when it comes to God/Satan. You have experience with these "persons?" Seeing Satan as anything but that one character in Job seems odd for a proclaimed literal interpretation of the bible. That doesn't help define what good or bad even is either.

Fine, but why do you assume one learns nothing in Heaven and nothing in Hell? The Bible indicates quite the opposite, actually, and further, that others learn from our experiences and learning there.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2015, 01:51 PM
(27-03-2015 01:27 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 02:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  In my view, I would say you have an example of what is fundamentally wrong with the educational system that has existed for centuries. There shouldn't be a motivation based on desiring to get "good grades" or obeying the power of the teacher. The purpose of being in a school class is to grow and learn. Those should be the reasons if you're following a professors syllabus or guidelines to read something. If you deem it worthy to experience you should take to those orders, and a teacher should be trying to find a way to engage all the people without resorting to "extortion" (if you want to call it that.)

Fine, but why do you assume one learns nothing in Heaven and nothing in Hell? The Bible indicates quite the opposite, actually, and further, that others learn from our experiences and learning there.

Oh I crave the day when theists stop beginning their talking points with "the bible indicates" or "the bible says"!! When will they understand that this tactic on a forum of skeptics is absolutely useless, if not idiotic.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
27-03-2015, 01:59 PM
The Q Continuum Wrote:

Souls are created here when we are born, go through a training period in this life, die to go on to advanced education in the afterlife??

One cockroach at a time.
[+] 1 user Likes Billy Bob's post