A "gotcha" argument for Satan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: A "gotcha" argument for Satan
(21-04-2015 10:00 PM)claywise Wrote:  Q Cunt is Qunt.

I wonder why Q Cunt brings out the bully in me.

He's smug.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-04-2015, 01:15 AM
(21-04-2015 02:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(21-04-2015 09:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Saved from what? Yourself? 'Cause that would actually kinda sorta make some sense.

Repeating. There are 150-plus verses supporting my doctrinal stance, and four or five snippets that seem to disagree.

"Saved" is a little Bible euphemism for "going to Heaven and not Hell", for assurance of same. Thanks.
It seems that you assume that you are going to Heaven, that you have your ticket in hand and that the outcome is a sure fire thing.

It seems to make god's judgement somewhat redundant.

Is god's opinion irrelevant in your view?
22-04-2015, 08:24 AM
(21-04-2015 10:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He's smug.

There's also something disturbingly—if I may semi-coin a term—"Turing-esque" about him. His responses are seemingly those of a human being, yet they are so predictable, tenacious and tedious, that Q Cunt almost seems to be a robot of some kind.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
22-04-2015, 09:33 AM
(22-04-2015 08:24 AM)claywise Wrote:  
(21-04-2015 10:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He's smug.

There's also something disturbingly—if I may semi-coin a term—"Turing-esque" about him. His responses are seemingly those of a human being, yet they are so predictable, tenacious and tedious, that Q Cunt almost seems to be a robot of some kind.

A religious robot. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
22-04-2015, 10:48 AM
All,

90% of communication is non-verbal. We all recognize the limits of forums, and also that forums tend to bring out some of the worst in people. I'm not smug, but I do think that whenever I am confident in any religious assertion on this forum, TTA'ers--some, not all--express revulsion and anger.

Just look how the posts have shifted in this thread again. Now it's "you cannot prove there is heaven or hell". Are you going to ask me to prove whether people die next? People die. I'm here because I understand we will be conscious after death.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2015, 10:55 AM
(22-04-2015 10:48 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

90% of communication is non-verbal. We all recognize the limits of forums, and also that forums tend to bring out some of the worst in people. I'm not smug, but I do think that whenever I am confident in any religious assertion on this forum, TTA'ers--some, not all--express revulsion and anger.

Just look how the posts have shifted in this thread again. Now it's "you cannot prove there is heaven or hell". Are you going to ask me to prove whether people die next? People die. I'm here because I understand we will be conscious after death.

How do you understand that? Have you been there? Your assertion is like me claiming that I know humans can survive on Jupiter. We know no such thing, and all available evidence points to the contrary. I'm not asking you to "prove" Heaven and Hell -- but what makes you think they exist? Do you have any evidence at all other than a 2000-year-old book written by scientific illiterates? "Some evidence" is a much lower standard than "proof", but I don't think you can supply either.
22-04-2015, 11:48 AM

You're confident in your narrow religious fantasy land, you offer no proof for any assertion and just preach and blather on about your book of fiction.

You're here under the pretense of teaching us about your religious book as if we owe any kind of respect for any thing you spew.

Plenty of us have figured out your BS, it's too bad there are people out there that will actually listen to your horseshit and actually believe it.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
22-04-2015, 12:37 PM

What makes you assume your confidence is not smugness, why do you think you're qualified to judge whether you are or not something? Is a person only smug if they think they are smug?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-04-2015, 01:37 PM
(22-04-2015 10:48 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Just look how the posts have shifted in this thread again. Now it's "you cannot prove there is heaven or hell". Are you going to ask me to prove whether people die next? People die. I'm here because I understand we will be conscious after death.
People, just like all other animals, do die the first death.

My young daughter once asked me "where do we go when we die?"
She has a Christian kid in her class, making a lot of fantastical claims at school.

So I led my daughter to a dead moth on the carpet. WE looked at it, and poked at it, then I asked her if it is going anywhere. She looked at me and gave me a smirk as if to say "are you for real?", she said, "No, it's not going anywhere, its dead". I said to her "do you think its going to wake up?". She said no.

We did the same thing later on when we found a dead bird.

She seems to grasp the concept pretty quickly.

Other than scripture and assertions from your churches employees do you have any reason to expect that the consciousness of animals exists past death?
22-04-2015, 02:35 PM
I find objectionable the thought pattern that the Bible authors were scientific illiterates. I find smug the concept that we are better than ancestors and that since God didn't see fit to use terms like "relativity" or "gravity over a distance" etc. in the scriptures--because the scriptures have been there for previous generations...

Sad.

I rather find that the Bible, a religious set of texts, contains some scientific accuracies and also prophecies that are compelling and intriguing.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user