A "gotcha" argument for Satan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: A "gotcha" argument for Satan
That's funny KC I've always assumed the origin of your user name referred to Jesus (king of kings) and the fact you were one of his chosen.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2015, 01:55 PM
(03-03-2015 01:05 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  That's funny KC I've always assumed the origin of your user name referred to Jesus (king of kings) and the fact you were one of his chosen.

Yeah, that's why I put it up on the front page of the Ask a Theist thread. It has nothing to do with my theism.

It has to do with Tekken. Yes, Tekken... the fighting game.

As a result, I never refer to myself as "chosen" when it comes to discussing my theism.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
03-03-2015, 02:09 PM
I must have missed that, sorry! Tekken eh? I ain't played that series since the first one, brings back memories haha.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
03-03-2015, 02:49 PM
(02-03-2015 05:06 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If Satan is in hell, how is he doing anything at all ?

Because he isn't in Hell. He can go to Heaven and make accusations, as he did against Job.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2015, 04:03 PM
(03-03-2015 02:49 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 05:06 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If Satan is in hell, how is he doing anything at all ?

Because he isn't in Hell. He can go to Heaven and make accusations, as he did against Job.

prove it.

The great pumpkin caused worldwide sin by serving pumpkin pie to adam and eve....disprove this.
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
03-03-2015, 04:22 PM
(03-03-2015 04:03 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 02:49 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Because he isn't in Hell. He can go to Heaven and make accusations, as he did against Job.

prove it.

The great pumpkin caused worldwide sin by serving pumpkin pie to adam and eve....disprove this.

C'mon GWG... you know that's not even remotely fair to say/ask that.

Trekkie: Hey, how come Anakin doesn't recognize C-3PO when he becomes Vader?

Warsie: Tough question. It's probably because his mind and his memories have been so damaged by the Dark Side that he can no longer remember good things.

Trekkie: WRONG! Anakin/Vader never existed. Prove it to me that he existed.

Warsie: But... you asked me about Star Wars...

Trekkie: PROVE ME WRONG!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
03-03-2015, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 05:42 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(03-03-2015 04:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 04:03 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  prove it.

C'mon GWG... you know that's not even remotely fair to say/ask that.

Trekkie: Hey, how come Anakin doesn't recognize C-3PO when he becomes Vader?

Warsie: Tough question. It's probably because his mind and his memories have been so damaged by the Dark Side that he can no longer remember good things.

Trekkie: WRONG! Anakin/Vader never existed. Prove it to me that he existed.

Warsie: But... you asked me about Star Wars...

Trekkie: PROVE ME WRONG!

I see your point....and it wasn't fair per se. But when someone posits stuff like "Satan blah blah blah" with ZERO evidence to prove the existence of Satan, it gets a derisive reply like "prove it". Of course it is impossible to prove or disprove, which is my point. Why posit that nonsense in the first place. Which is also why I countered with the great pumpkin theory.

I guess it is sort of like....if the thread was about.....bigfoot for example, and we are railing on the idiocy of the bigfoot theory, and someone chimes in with "well bigfoot hasn't been found because he lives in the 5th dimension"......and my reply would be as I roll my eyes...prove it, because it is an asinine faith claim to posit such..

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
03-03-2015, 04:31 PM
In my opinion, "the satan" who appears in Job is not at all the same person as "Satan the evil one" as depicted by most Christians. In Job, he is some guy who wanders and hangs out where he pleases and makes bets with God. This is not at all consistent with that other "Satan" -- the rebellious angel who was forcibly evicted from Heaven and is in eternal warfare with God. Two different characters.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
03-03-2015, 08:29 PM
(03-03-2015 02:49 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  

I thought dude was given dominion over the earth? Somebody please let me know if this is wrong 'cause I might've hitched my wagon to the wrong horse.

#sigh
03-03-2015, 08:41 PM
(03-03-2015 12:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Chosen", "elect", what's the difference?

None. It's just how he's quoting it as if to attribute it to me. And, he keeps repeatedly using it. It's petty, I guess... I don't really have a problem with it. I just wanted to know why he kept doing it.

Just use the word and not the quotes.

He isn't aware of the etymology of your user name. I'd make the same assumptions.

#sigh