A "gotcha" argument for Satan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: A "gotcha" argument for Satan
(10-03-2015 10:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  After this conversation, Satan did some nasty things to Job to say, "Look God, he will curse you!"

Job didn't. Job was a righteous man.

But mister Protestant Satan did that nasty things with the permission of god. God and Satan did a bet. So god is a asshole. There isn't any real reason god would permit that to Job. God knows everything , so god knows what Job would ever do and say before the " tests" ever happening. So god is a joker and likes to play pranks for good guys like job.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 12:40 PM
(10-03-2015 11:04 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 10:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  After this conversation, Satan did some nasty things to Job to say, "Look God, he will curse you!"

But mister Protestant Satan did that nasty things with the permission of god. God and Satan did a bet. So god is a asshole. There isn't any real reason god would permit that to Job. God knows everything , so god knows what Job would ever do and say before the " tests" ever happening. So god is a joker and likes to play pranks for good guys like job.

Did you read the last few chapters of Job? There was testing, questioning, and answering. I hope you will like the answers.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2015, 04:29 PM
(10-03-2015 12:40 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 11:04 AM)Leo Wrote:  But mister Protestant Satan did that nasty things with the permission of god. God and Satan did a bet. So god is a asshole. There isn't any real reason god would permit that to Job. God knows everything , so god knows what Job would ever do and say before the " tests" ever happening. So god is a joker and likes to play pranks for good guys like job.

Did you read the last few chapters of Job? There was testing, questioning, and answering. I hope you will like the answers.

I'll defer to the definitive authority on the book of Job.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-03-2015, 05:25 PM

Sure, but I don't see this as an accusation of Job. The story states that satan was trying to prove that Job was only worshiping because he had it good. I still don't see the accusation of Job. Could you elaborate?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
11-03-2015, 12:48 PM
(10-03-2015 05:25 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

Sure, but I don't see this as an accusation of Job. The story states that satan was trying to prove that Job was only worshiping because he had it good. I still don't see the accusation of Job. Could you elaborate?

Would it help if I pointed out from that first chapter of Job how Satan killed all of Job's family except his wife? Thus we can say Satan is a murderer if not a liar, and acknowledge one-half of Jesus's statement in this matter.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
11-03-2015, 01:05 PM
(11-03-2015 12:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 05:25 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Sure, but I don't see this as an accusation of Job. The story states that satan was trying to prove that Job was only worshiping because he had it good. I still don't see the accusation of Job. Could you elaborate?

Would it help if I pointed out from that first chapter of Job how Satan killed all of Job's family except his wife? Thus we can say Satan is a murderer if not a liar, and acknowledge one-half of Jesus's statement in this matter.

Mister Protestant you can't have god out of the picture in those killings. Satan can't do a shit without the permission of Yavheh.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post
11-03-2015, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 02:05 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(10-03-2015 05:25 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Sure, but I don't see this as an accusation of Job. The story states that satan was trying to prove that Job was only worshiping because he had it good. I still don't see the accusation of Job. Could you elaborate?

It would be extremely helpful if you could realize it is a fairy tale, a disproven one, and any reference to the bible as a citation for anything besides a study of mythology is fallacious in nature. While we are at it, lets discuss why bigfoot prefers anal sex with fairies over a trifecta with goats? Or what temperature goldilocks prefers her oatmeal to be...of how Thor prefers to have his steak, rare or medium? or perhaps we could discuss at length the philosophical musings of spongebob? The impact of the great pumpkin's offer of incarnation and atonement via the weekly eating of pumpkin pie....what type of underwear did Romulus wear and why....you know, all those other fairy tales and made up shit.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
11-03-2015, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 02:02 PM by TheInquisition.)

Just curious, why did this god feel the need to prove Satan wrong? Why didn't he just smite him for challenging god?

You don't believe that all of this actually occurred do you? Isn't this story a prime candidate for the parable pile?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
11-03-2015, 02:06 PM
(11-03-2015 01:54 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 12:48 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Would it help if I pointed out from that first chapter of Job how Satan killed all of Job's family except his wife? Thus we can say Satan is a murderer if not a liar, and acknowledge one-half of Jesus's statement in this matter.

Just curious, why did this god feel the need to prove Satan wrong? Why didn't he just smite him for challenging god?

You don't believe that all of this actually occurred do you? Isn't this story a prime candidate for the parable pile?

I thought everything after the words "in the beginning..." was a parable Consider

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
11-03-2015, 02:58 PM
(11-03-2015 02:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 01:54 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Just curious, why did this god feel the need to prove Satan wrong? Why didn't he just smite him for challenging god?

I thought everything after the words "in the beginning..." was a parable Consider

I think you're taking "In the beginning..." out of context. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post