A horrible tragedy happened!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2011, 04:57 PM
RE: A horrible tragedy happened!
You have been through so much in the past several hours. My heart goes out to you.
I'm sure the confusion in the days to come will be easier to detach yourself from, now that this murderer is under control.

Kiss your lover. Hold your beautiful baby. Be relieved that horror won't interfere with the closeness you share.
Heart Stay well, friend.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2011, 06:53 PM
(03-12-2011 01:23 PM)The_observer Wrote:  They arrested him! The found the car as well.
The man is a disturbed mind who requires as much compassion as punishment. I hope they lock him away carefully so science and society can learn from this.

more later...

(03-12-2011 12:13 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(03-12-2011 11:21 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  Kill everyone that you think would be the ones to kill your parents.

I think killing is the last thing he needs to have on his mind.

I know from experience: when tragedy struck me, the last thing I needed was thoughts of violence. I needed to hold myself together, in one piece, not falling apart, because I had children who depended on me. So I quarantined the pain under extremely tight control and let it out, a little bit at a time, not more than what I could cope with.

Had I indulged myself in violent fantasies, I would have lost all control, started screaming at fate and everybody around me, would have betrayed myself and my loved ones with my childish self-indulgence.

Maturity starts, and is proven, by being able to handle tragedies. Sad

true!

Words can seem pretty meaningless when tragedy occurs; hopefully all of ours can help to some small degree.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
03-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I really don't know what to say, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find some way of moving on with your life, for you and your family.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
03-12-2011, 07:52 PM
(03-12-2011 01:42 PM)The_observer Wrote:  He turned himself in...
Remorse? I hope so... I don’t wish him death nor disaster.

I wish him remorse. Lots of it! I wish that, every time he caresses someone he loves he'll caress them with weapons!! Every time he looks in the mirror he doesn’t see a man, but the murderer he really is!

For life!!

I am glad that at least this part of the problem is dealt with, it can sometimes be the longest and hardest to deal with. Having a person not caught who has done something horrendous can make an already stressful sad time much worse. The only time that will be worse as for having to deal with the guilty party will be the trial. Hang in there man, Everything sucks and will do so for some time yet to come. Eventually as you already know it will get easier, but it will never be go away. Coping will just become more routine.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
03-12-2011, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2011 11:12 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Glad it's been at least partly resolved Observer hope you get to take the time out to deal with everything. I have a grandfather who just died, we never really discussed whether or not he took offense to my lifestyle. He was part of the family I left over 10 years ago without really talking to. It feels really stupid that he died before I even got to hear his opinion about me.

Be glad you spent time with them.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
04-12-2011, 01:54 AM
My condolences. Sad I wish you well in the future. Remember, death leaves a heartache no one can heal, but love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Remembering is an act of resurrection,
each repetition a vital layer of mourning,
in memory of those we are sure to meet again.
~ Nancy Cobb

Please take care...

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
04-12-2011, 06:54 AM
I don't what to add that others haven't said yet, so I won't. It's too horrible to describe with words.

Stay strong and take care of yourself!
04-12-2011, 04:06 PM
GirlyMan wept.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
(04-12-2011 04:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  GirlyMan wept.
you’re kidding...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
04-12-2011, 07:05 PM
The first time I saw my father was in a casket. My mother died of bone cancer. I have no one other than my 4. I am sorry for your loss.

What we do, is we find the methodology of these memes that turn people into murders. What we stop doing is wreaking vengeance. The immortality of Gwyneth Paltrow is in my mind, and no one is taking that from me without ending this biology. As a species, comforting each other in times of loss is a sign of our greatness. As an individual, knowing nothing is lost may make my Gwynnies great, or myself an evolutionary dead end.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post