A lesson for would-be vigilantes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2015, 11:25 AM
A lesson for would-be vigilantes
Michigan makes the news again... Dodgy

Quote:A 46-year-old Clarkston woman accused of firing gunshots at two men who were driving away from a Home Depot after stealing merchandise has been charged with reckless use, handling or discharge of a firearm.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/13...=facebook#

This is an example of why the NRA's dream of everyone walking around with a gun strapped to their hip is a bad idea. Instead of doing something helpful like taking a photo of their license plate with her cell phone, she pulled out a gun and put everyone around her at risk of injury and death.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
13-10-2015, 11:26 AM
RE: A lesson for would-be vigilantes
who does she think she is? Charles Bronson?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
13-10-2015, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2015 11:47 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
Nobody, NRA member or not, will condone the use of a firearm in attempt to shoot out the tires over shoplifting. I might attempt such a feat if I knew for certain the suspect in the vehicle just committed murder or rape. But not shoplifting. I'm certain you will not see the NRA supporting this behavior in any way. If they did I would cancel my membership immediately.

And it goes both ways. You rarely see these reported on the national news. But this happens regularly. http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20...charleston

You just have to read local news to see it. There are far more incidences of people stopping robberies than these mistakes.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
13-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Was her last name "Tackleberry"????

[/obscure movie reference]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-10-2015, 12:50 PM
More guns solve everything, right murica?

[Image: 004.sig]
13-10-2015, 02:43 PM
(13-10-2015 11:25 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  This is an example of why the NRA's dream of everyone walking around with a gun strapped to their hip is a bad idea.
I don't think they want criminals to walk around with guns or mentally ill people.
(13-10-2015 11:25 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Instead of doing something helpful like taking a photo of their license plate with her cell phone, she pulled out a gun and put everyone around her at risk of injury and death.
It doesn't mean that I can not walk around with my gun strapped to my hip.
I am NRA life member. They teach how to be responsible gun owner.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-10-2015, 02:46 PM
(13-10-2015 12:50 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  More guns solve everything, right murica?

Less guns solve everything, right?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-10-2015, 03:14 PM
I don't think anyone at the NRA would condone her actions. However, they also oppose anything that would make it harder for her to obtain a gun, carry it with her anywhere she wants or require mandatory safety training that might prevent this kind of stupid behavior.

If we need good guys with guns to stop bad guys with guns, then who do we need to stop the good guys with guns? If everyone walks around armed, more people will be harmed by things like this than actual "bad guys."

And as a side note, if everyone walks around armed, how can we tell the difference between good guys with guns and potential threats before they start shooting? Consider

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
13-10-2015, 03:18 PM
(13-10-2015 03:14 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I don't think anyone at the NRA would condone her actions. However, they also oppose anything that would make it harder for her to obtain a gun, carry it with her anywhere she wants or require mandatory safety training that might prevent this kind of stupid behavior.
Untrue.

At this point she's proven herself to be unsafe with a weapon -- she'll lose her CCW (good) and possibly her very right to own firearms......

No training prevents bad behavior.

Cops, and servicemembers also go rogue from time to time.

The problem is always as it's been -- you're dealing with people....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-10-2015, 03:23 PM
(13-10-2015 03:14 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  require mandatory safety training that might prevent this kind of stupid behavior.

Rule 4, Michigan Concealed Carry Application
4. Have successfully completed a pistol safety training course.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123...--,00.html

It's already required in her state. Didn't do any good.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post