A list of crazy claims. How do you guys see it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 08:55 AM
RE: A list of crazy claims. How do you guys see it.
All completely totally true, dear. Time for your pills. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 09:02 AM
(29-06-2015 08:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  All completely totally true, dear. Time for your pills. Weeping

Yeah apparently if you did not expeience it doesn't count.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-06-2015, 09:03 AM
I like how science is evil and The bible is a science book.

? ? ?
(o_O)
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
29-06-2015, 09:05 AM
(29-06-2015 09:03 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I like how science is evil and The bible is a science book.

? ? ?
(o_O)

He says there are multiple sciences (not like physcs vs geology mind you.)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-06-2015, 09:08 AM
How much education does your father have? What is his profession?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
29-06-2015, 09:08 AM
He sounds a lot like a JW. Educated on the subject, but only approaches it from the position of "This is the truth, here's the evidence to support it" and not "here's the evidence, what conclusion can we draw." as most believers do.

Obviously most people here think that those claims are crazy, if that's your question. If you're looking more for how to deal with him, that's another story. Since he is your father, I'm guessing you don't' want to ruin the relationship.

I always try to start with common ground. Something that won't offend the other person (maybe Islam since neither of you are Muslims) and examine the claims they make and why you both don't agree that they are true. From there, find out what drives his faith. Everybody has one main reason that they believe. Find ways to show him that it is unreasonable and illogical without getting punched in the face. Remember, faith is a pretending to know something you don't know.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
29-06-2015, 09:09 AM
(29-06-2015 09:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  How much education does your father have? What is his profession?

Music

29-06-2015, 09:10 AM
He lives in a religious world. If you want any semblance of a relationship with him, I'd never bring up these subjects again. Seriously.

Be the bigger person and ignore any bait he throws your way and try to maintain a civil relationship. Change in his worldview will only come from within.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
29-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Judging from the first few points, this is relevant:

The genetic fallacy, also known as fallacy of origins, or fallacy of virtue, is a fallacy of irrelevance where a conclusion is suggested based solely on something or someone's origin rather than its current meaning or context.

Your dad needs to be acquainted with what constitutes sound and valid reason. Then again, he'd probably just say schools of philosophy or reason were created by bad guys, therefore moot..
29-06-2015, 12:14 PM
I love the one about monkeys not speaking English. Because I'm pretty sure my ancestors in Germany, Holland, and Poland didn't speak English either.

Laugh out load