A list of crazy claims. How do you guys see it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 12:32 PM
RE: A list of crazy claims. How do you guys see it.
(29-06-2015 09:10 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  He lives in a religious world. If you want any semblance of a relationship with him, I'd never bring up these subjects again. Seriously.

Be the bigger person and ignore any bait he throws your way and try to maintain a civil relationship. Change in his worldview will only come from within.

I don't, and i try not too, which is why i don't complain when i get the turkey replacement for pork. And there won't be change man is near 50, though this might be the last week i am with in who knows how long.

(29-06-2015 11:22 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Judging from the first few points, this is relevant:

The genetic fallacy, also known as fallacy of origins, or fallacy of virtue, is a fallacy of irrelevance where a conclusion is suggested based solely on something or someone's origin rather than its current meaning or context.

Your dad needs to be acquainted with what constitutes sound and valid reason. Then again, he'd probably just say schools of philosophy or reason were created by bad guys, therefore moot..

Genetic fallacy. Thanks gilgamesh i wil keep this in mind.

(29-06-2015 12:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I love the one about monkeys not speaking English. Because I'm pretty sure my ancestors in Germany, Holland, and Poland didn't speak English either.

Laugh out load

If you are part german i am suprised that is the first thing you saw.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 12:40 PM
(29-06-2015 12:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't, and i try not too, which is why i don't complain when i get the turkey replacement for pork. And there won't be change man is near 50,

Near 50 -yeah, old people can't learn anything or change. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-06-2015, 12:45 PM
(29-06-2015 12:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 12:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't, and i try not too, which is why i don't complain when i get the turkey replacement for pork. And there won't be change man is near 50,

No they can, though it is not as easy it would be if he was younger, and he is head strong in it. He ain't changing his mind ever.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-06-2015, 12:52 PM
(29-06-2015 09:02 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 08:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  All completely totally true, dear. Time for your pills. Weeping

Yeah apparently if you did not expeience it doesn't count.

That's not what I meant.

Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-06-2015, 01:02 PM
(29-06-2015 12:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Yes Anj! I saw that too. I'm fiftyish and I learn new things all the time and change my views from time to time.

Fifty isn't old. Geesh.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-06-2015, 01:07 PM
(29-06-2015 01:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 12:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Near 50 -yeah, old people can't learn anything or change. Dodgy

Yes Anj! I saw that too. I'm fiftyish and I learn new things all the time and change my views from time to time.

Fifty isn't old. Geesh.

I turned 58 yesterday. I went to college in my 50s...I was starting to think it was time to just remove my brain and accept that my thinking days are long over. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-06-2015, 01:53 PM
(29-06-2015 01:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 01:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes Anj! I saw that too. I'm fiftyish and I learn new things all the time and change my views from time to time.

Fifty isn't old. Geesh.

I turned 58 yesterday. I went to college in my 50s...I was starting to think it was time to just remove my brain and accept that my thinking days are long over. Dodgy

Sorry should have said a more logical and realistic statement.

29-06-2015, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2015 04:53 PM by Grasshopper.)
(29-06-2015 12:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 12:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I love the one about monkeys not speaking English. Because I'm pretty sure my ancestors in Germany, Holland, and Poland didn't speak English either.

Laugh out load

If you are part german i am suprised that is the first thing you saw.

I did see some more "Germanic" ones, but the "monkeys don't speak English" one was the funniest one. It reminded me of the guy who argued against bilingual education by saying "If English was good enough for Jesus..."
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
29-06-2015, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2015 04:28 PM by Reltzik.)
(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Here is a list of them my dad made. I should also list them in categories and action.

Going through these one by one....

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Anti-science:

Science is the reason for global warming.

Mmmmmm arguably. You're certainly not pumping more carbon into the environment by waving crystals or singing Ave Maria. .... well, technically you are when singing Ave Maria, but you know what I mean. It would probably be better to say that unwise, unplanned, unrestrained commercial applications of scientific discoveries are behind global warming. But he does have a point, even if it's somewhat misdirected.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Science is destroying the earth

The Earth as a whole? Probably not. The environment? Yeah, arguably. Same discussion as with global warming. He has a point but I'd point it more at unwise applications of science than science itself.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Modern science is discovered by whotes, and because of moments like slavery, the are evil there for the science discovered by them is wrong by default

Okay, wtf?

YES, in Western society and the United States in particular, social inequity lets whites into the halls of academia disproportionately... which is NOT THE FAULT OF THE STUDENTS WHO BECOME SCIENTISTS! And there are STILL some black scientists... plus Middle-Eastern, Asian, Black, even Native American. And almost NONE OF THOSE INDIVIDUALS OWN SLAVES! (MAYBE one or two deeply evil scientists have kidnapped women chained in their basements. I'm not ruling it out. But as a general rule? HELL NO.) What the fuck is this, blood libel? The African kings and warlords that took slaves in the first place and sold them to white slave traders don't taint the BLACK race with it? Look, the people who were responsible for slavery were the comercial, legal, governmental, and activist groups that helped set it up, advance, and maintain it, as well as the individual slave-holders, slavers, prejudiced bystanders whose persecution of freed blacks provided some rhetorical justification for slavery continuing, and so on. MOST OF THAT'S OVER BY NOW! Yes there are still some social legacies including hate groups and legal inequity, and yes those should be dealt with, but it's not the fault of white scientists!

And even if that were, THAT WOULD NOT MAKE SCIENCE WRONG! The world does not suddenly become flat because the guy who discovered it was round owned slaves!

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Darwin is raceist

Um, what? Darwin is DEAD. He's not much of anything.

WAS he a racist when he was alive? I honestly don't know. A great many Europeans of his age were. It wouldn't surprise me much.

But the critical question here is, was his WORK racist?

I keep meaning to read Origin of the Species in full. One of these days. Possibly the racist views of his day crept into it.

But the main thrust of it was just the opposite! Darwin made a strong argument for common descent! That all humans are related by common ancestry and the races are not separate at all! If anything this should instill us with a deep empathy and sympathy towards one another, and even towards animals!

He might be confusing Darwin with "Social Darwinism", which is usually deeply racist but is not actually the work of Darwin.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Evolution is very german (i.e connections with hitler) there for evil.

... so, wait, the French don't evolve?

No, just NO. This is confusing Social Darwinism and eugenics with evolution, which is a flat-out falsehood (albeit a common one that a lot of people get suckered by).

For the record, Hitler was a Lamarkian, not a Darwinist.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Says human genes function for humans only and other animals do not have the same genes, therefore things like genetic bottlenecks and punnet squares don't.

Don't what? Apply to humans? We can actually CHECK this against historical data. We don't need scientists for that!

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The sun goes around the earth and it is close that is why it looks closer to us than jupiter therefore it sets and the earth does not revolve around it.

Again, DUDE. Buy a telescope. Even a cheap one is powerful enough to reproduce what they were doing 300 years ago. Track the phases of Venus versus the phases of Mars and Jupiter. Break out the high school trigonometry. Try to construct any -- ANY -- working geocentric model accounting for retrograde motion. Then compare it to the simplicity of a model of elliptical orbits maintained by the law of universal gravitation -- the same law we can reproduce here on Earth. You don't need to trust scientists in order to verify this. YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Humans and chimps can't trade organs, therefore humans are not apes

If baboons and gorillas can't trade organs, does that mean neither of THEM are apes?

Up until a century or so ago, the medical technology to transplant organs from one human to another did exist. Did that mean it took medical breakthroughs for humans to become human?

The stupid, it burns!

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Monkeys don't speak english therefore humans did not share an ancestor with them.

.... DARE I ask his opinion on Mexicans?

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  We don't need science to cure cancers, many people do it withh prayer and herbs.

Many people do it with sugar pills.

That's many in an absolute sense, not in a proportionate sense.

The bottom line here is statistics. GIVEN that you have cancer, which course of treatment gives better odds? And you know what? We can FACT CHECK this! AND WE HAVE!

Prayer and herbs are about equal to sugar pills in efficacy.

Chemo gives orders of magnitude better odds.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  One giant earthquake split the earth fast.

Split it? Like, into a couple of large asteroids? Planet torn in two?

... oh, wait, this is about Pangaea splitting apart, isn't it. You know what, at this point I don't even CARE any more. He can think what he wants about Pangaea so long as he gets his head straight about medicine. Priorities.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You must drill deep in the ground to find uranium.

... eh, factually false but not pitch-a-fit-worthy. A lot of people just assume crap like that.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Humans have never been to the sun, there for we can't determine the temperature.

Blackbody radiation. You can demonstrate this principle with an infrared thermometer. Hell, just get him to admit that something glowing white-hot is hotter than something glowing dull red!

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The sun travels through portals.

What does that even MEAN?

I can't even.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Because humans are called humans, they are not apes.

GUESS ARMS AREN'T LIMBS, THEN!

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Because my dad expirenced a dream(the dream was him walking into a isrealite(BHI) church,and it was a prediction,)and psycology had nothing to do with it.(or the penal gland in the brain, that opens portals)

This one's a bit garbled, so I'll pass on it.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Air=soul spirit.

.... okay, actually I won't argue with this one much. "Spirit" is actually strongly linked to air and gasses both etymoligically and theologically. The "breath of life" -- meaning, something that was actually breathing -- was equated to something having a spirit. Someone "gave up the ghost" with their last breath. God "breathing upon the waters" literally meant wind. "Respiration" has the same root word as "spirit". And even liquor spirits are drinks which form fumes and vapors if allowed to "breathe". Far from being divorced concepts, the soul/spirit was actually closely linked to air, gasses, and breath, before dualistic philosophy separated them.

... of course, ascribing any supernatural element to air would get us back into crazy-land again.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Conspiracy:

Homo erectus is a alien

Gee. Those aliens really conspired to avoid leaving behind evidence of their existence!

I mean, how did he settle on "alien"? Why not "interdimensional traveler" or "gnome-person from inside Hollow Earth"? How does he pick and choose between them?

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  White people use science to destroy the earth

... I think I've covered this above.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  There will never be source for modern blacks being kings of israel because it makes white people look weakand disproves evolution, so people will never publish it(the story was told to me as he said he knows 3 archiologist who have been studying this ever since the 30's and they told them no becuase of reason before)

Black? I'd have thought more of a middle-eastern brown.

Those are some DAMN OLD ARCHAEOLOGISTS.

And this isn't the academia of the 30s. PUBLISH ALREADY!

Also, HOW THE FUCK WOULD THAT DISPROVE EVOLUTION??? If a white woman could pass as black for years in the fucking NAACP, then there's no reason that originally-black jews could look white AFTER GENERATIONS OF INTERBREEDING WITH EUROPEANS!

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Scientist(chemist) use chemicals to poison food

Curse those additives and preservatives. But I'd blame the food companies for irresponsible use of the science, more than the scientists.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Humans have never left earth, and the moon landing was false.

Oh yeah? THEN EXPLAIN TANG AND VELCRO!

More to the point, buy a telescope, point it into the sky, and explain the international space station.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The modern calander is wrong and the one he uses(more like that hebrew one) and this is shown by how october is the 10 month

.... okay, not THAT whacky. The ancient romans used to have a ten-month calendar, where they named the first few months after things like gods (January was the god Janus, March was the god Mars, June was the god Juno, etc) before they stopped giving a shit and went "month eight is octo-ber, month nine is nove-mber, month ten is dece-mber". Then they stopped even giving that much of a shit and had a bunch of days during winter that didn't BELONG to any month.

Then someone decided that was a stupid way to run a calendar and rationalized it.

Then someone else decided to honor the Roman emperors Julius and Augustus by adding the months July and August.

So there's some basis in fact here...

BUT THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS THE RIGHT CALENDAR!

There's only calendars that do keep track of days, seasons, years, and so forth well! AND OUR CALENDAR DOES THAT!

I mean the entire premise is just... just... NONSENSE!

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Textbooks do nothing but lie( his example was how they never mention nick tesla but thomas eidison in textbooks when it comes to electricity.

Gee, it sounds like the omit too.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Evolutionary biology was just discovered and is not as old as the torah, therefore not as valid.
Pants are not as old as togas. CHANGE YOUR WARDROBE YOU CROTCHETY OLD MAN!

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Piltdown man was a mistiake so how can you trust science.

Because other scientists -- real scientists, not pop-science magazines like Nat Geo -- were the first to catch the mistake, before anyone else, without ever getting suckered, and they were the ones who sounded the alarm?

Also, doesn't the TORAH establish slavery? That's why science was evil and wrong and couldn't be trusted, right?

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Science is not absolute truth, and beause of falsification, is not very viable

Meanwhile, a book that says rabbits chew their cud is absolute truth and is not falsifiable.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Torah/Bible:

The dead sea scrolls is the oldest book.

Confuscious says it's not.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Sodom and gomorrah proves the bible as he said it was destroyed by nuclear energy.(to explain the salt)

But...

WTF?

Okay, don't even try to reason with this guy. You can only communicate with him through sentences like "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously".

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  All countries once folowed the torah.

Would that include Soddom and Gomorrah which supposedly got nuked before the Pentateuch was even dictated to Moses?

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That enoch discovered gravity way before issac newton.

So did EVERYONE WHO EVER TRIPPED OVER THEIR FEET! What Isaac Newton worked out was that gravity affects the moon, sun, and planets as well as stuff here on Earth.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That the torah is a text that proves itself with the canon.

So... what proves the canon?

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That the cannanites and isrealites all came from one person, and where not clan names for a group of people.

Eh, I suppose there might've been a common ancestor somewhere. But even if they came from one person, wouldn't they STILL be clan names for a group of people?

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That the chinese were once called moab and if you ask them they will say they were.

TESTABLE HYPOTHESIS!

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That giants and cyclops exist(and they found bones, those photos weren't photoshopped.

These would be the same reliable anthropologists as uncovered the Piltdown Man, yes?

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Man is more important in the genetic role of the child than the mother(mentioned the 23 pair only)

Uuuuuuuh.... you mean, genetically? Mitochondrial DNA? Inherited antibodies? HELLO? Ohwaitcan'ttrustscientists...

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The bible is a science book

WHICH WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TRUST, RIGHT?

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Prophecies do not have to be verbatum.

I'll buy this. Also, martians don't have to be green.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  90% of the world care about israels affairs.

Gee, that sounds like an awfully round number. What are the error bars on it? Confidence interval? Anything?

It's definitely not true of America. You couldn't get 90% of Americans to find Israel on a map if the names were removed. That's how much they care.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Insults and threats:

Are argue like a woman, men sit and listen(keep in mind we both interupted each other)

Can't parse the grammar here, so I'll let it pass.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I am a uncle tom(because i accept evolution only white people.)

So, wait, if he drives in an automobile (invented by white people) would that make HIM an uncle tom?

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That i am a dumbass(only one i know was a button push when i called the torah fairy tale.)

Actually, I'll side with him on this one. The Torah is not a fairy tale. It has talking animals, giants, blatant violations of physics, magical events and items, and a whole fuckton of shit like that. But no fairies.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  When i asked for evidence for his claims one point he said my evidence is my fist in your face(not the only threat of the night)

Okay. Depending on your age you may need either a restraining order or Child Protective Services. Or his bluff called if you're buff and he ain't. You might want to start documenting these conversations. Recording them, even.

(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  And this is what i remember, like what you read?

Up until the threats of child abuse it was hilariously awful. Then it was just awful.

Seriously. Don't talk back, keep your head out, and pull a Nate Phelps the day you turn 18.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
29-06-2015, 05:54 PM
(29-06-2015 07:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Here is a list of them my dad made. I should also list them in categories and action.

Anti-science:

Science is the reason for global warming.

Science is destroying the earth

Modern science is discovered by whotes, and because of moments like slavery, the are evil there for the science discovered by them is wrong by default

Darwin is raceist

Evolution is very german (i.e connections with hitler) there for evil.

Says human genes function for humans only and other animals do not have the same genes, therefore things like genetic bottlenecks and punnet squares don't.

The sun goes around the earth and it is close that is why it looks closer to us than jupiter therefore it sets and the earth does not revolve around it.

Humans and chimps can't trade organs, therefore humans are not apes

Monkeys don't speak english therefore humans did not share an ancestor with them.

We don't need science to cure cancers, many people do it withh prayer and herbs.

One giant earthquake split the earth fast.

You must drill deep in the ground to find uranium.

Humans have never been to the sun, there for we can't determine the temperature.

The sun travels through portals.

Because humans are called humans, they are not apes.

Because my dad expirenced a dream(the dream was him walking into a isrealite(BHI) church,and it was a prediction,)and psycology had nothing to do with it.(or the penal gland in the brain, that opens portals)

Air=soul spirit.

Conspiracy:

Homo erectus is a alien

White people use science to destroy the earth

There will never be source for modern blacks being kings of israel because it makes white people look weakand disproves evolution, so people will never publish it(the story was told to me as he said he knows 3 archiologist who have been studying this ever since the 30's and they told them no becuase of reason before)

Scientist(chemist) use chemicals to poison food

Humans have never left earth, and the moon landing was false.

The modern calander is wrong and the one he uses(more like that hebrew one) and this is shown by how october is the 10 month

Textbooks do nothing but lie( his example was how they never mention nick tesla but thomas eidison in textbooks when it comes to electricity.

Evolutionary biology was just discovered and is not as old as the torah, therefore not as valid.

Piltdown man was a mistiake so how can you trust science.

Science is not absolute truth, and beause of falsification, is not very viable

Torah/Bible:

The dead sea scrolls is the oldest book.

Sodom and gomorrah proves the bible as he said it was destroyed by nuclear energy.(to explain the salt)

All countries once folowed the torah.

That enoch discovered gravity way before issac newton.

That the torah is a text that proves itself with the canon.

That the cannanites and isrealites all came from one person, and where not clan names for a group of people.

That the chinese were once called moab and if you ask them they will say they were.

That giants and cyclops exist(and they found bones, those photos weren't photoshopped.

Man is more important in the genetic role of the child than the mother(mentioned the 23 pair only)

The bible is a science book

Prophecies do not have to be verbatum.

90% of the world care about israels affairs.

Insults and threats:

Are argue like a woman, men sit and listen(keep in mind we both interupted each other)

I am a uncle tom(because i accept evolution only white people.)

That i am a dumbass(only one i know was a button push when i called the torah fairy tale.)

When i asked for evidence for his claims one point he said my evidence is my fist in your face(not the only threat of the night)

And this is what i remember, like what you read?

Don't forget the grand-daddy of them all..."jesus was the son of god" Laugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)