A list of gods the bible forget to leave out mention of in the old testament

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 09:53 AM
A list of gods the bible forget to leave out mention of in the old testament
HIDDEN GODS IN THE CHRISTIAN OLD TESTEMENT

I am sure at this point everyone is aware of this verse in the bible:

Genesis 1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Now in reality, it is pointing out that there is more than one god in this context. However many will hear from Christians that it means the current god of the bible, Jesus, and the holy spirit. What is not pointed out however is the subtle clues of other gods in even the modern bibles. Many verses still call and use the names of other deities in English, but translate to something else in Hebrew(or in reference). Let us see which gods they are shall we.

Elyon(עליון),aka:god most high

This god from the Hebrew text is called out more often than you think. As a matter of fact if you look at the religion of the Hebrew Israelite, you will notice that they call god most high. This translates to Elyon in Hebrew. Okay so a group of people call out a deity, so where in the bible does it accidentally mention him. Well let me list a few:

Genesis 14:18: And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

Genesis 14:22: And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth

Numbers 24:16: he hath said, which heard the words of God, and knew the knowledge of the most High, which saw the vision of the Almighty, falling into a trance, but having his eyes open

Deuteronomy 32:8 When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people

Also El means god in Hebrew, keep that in mind.

Asherah(אֲשֵׁרָה) aka:queen of the heavens

[Image: Lilithesttuababilnica2.jpg]

Though not as explicit as Elyon, Asherah still has her place in the old testament. It was common practice to worship this goddess in Israel. Unlike her friend, Elyon, she would never really see worship again. This does not mean there are no clues to her existence in the modern bible. Here are a few verses:

Jeremiah 7:18: The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Jeremiah 44:17: But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

Jeremiah 44:25 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

These verses, are especially revealing her worship, and even god endorsing it.

Baal(בַּעַל), aka: lord

[Image: Baal_Ugarit_Louvre_AO17330.jpg]

I feel sorry for this guy, I really do. This god is alive and well in the religions involving the bible, but not as a god, but as a demon, Beelzebub in fact. This however does not drop his godly parts in the bible. An example of this is when the word lord is used. For a while he was used as lord, even for Yahweh. I would list the bible verses, but that would be to much. Just remember that lord=Baal.

Yahweh(יהוה‎), aka: the divine warrior

This is the guy that every christian pretty much worships today, even without knowing the name. Hell, many people already say the name Yahweh when they say Jehovah, as it is just a Latinization of it. The key to finding Yahweh, is to find Jehovah. Doing so will help you see where that name still lies.

Just a little way of showing the problems with the Abrahamic faiths today.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
30-12-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: A list of gods the bible forget to leave out mention of in the old testament
They're not really hidden...people just don't think about what they are reading when they read Gawd's Werd. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-12-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: A list of gods the bible forget to leave out mention of in the old testament
Don't want to forget Beelzebub. In christianty it's another name for the Devil. In ancient hebrew it ment Lord of the flies.

[Image: 04d902a3024a00d769913bd18a2d7b34.jpg]

You'll find the authors of the original bible really didn't like the Canaanites. And eather try to wipe out the their gods or show how powerless their own god.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
30-12-2015, 10:49 AM
(30-12-2015 10:33 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Don't want to forget Beelzebub. In christianty it's another name for the Devil. In ancient hebrew it ment Lord of the flies.

Damn! So that’s where William Golding got the title for his book. Thanks for that tidbit.

[Image: LordOfTheFliesBookCover.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-12-2015, 11:09 AM
The Hebrews were nothing but a splinter sect of Canaanite polytheism. They simply took the lesser god Yahweh and elevated him to the top and only god.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Yeah, they were certainly monolatrists, not monotheists.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
30-12-2015, 11:27 AM
(30-12-2015 09:53 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

Genesis 1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Now in reality, it is pointing out that there is more than one god in this context.

Not really. It is an English translation so you can't say the 'us' and 'our' is anything more than the English usage of that time.

Picking apart the wording in translations is not particularly useful except as a critique of the translation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-12-2015, 12:50 PM
(30-12-2015 11:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 09:53 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

Now in reality, it is pointing out that there is more than one god in this context.

Not really. It is an English translation so you can't say the 'us' and 'our' is anything more than the English usage of that time.

Picking apart the wording in translations is not particularly useful except as a critique of the translation.

To follow upon that, we do have the modern example that the queen uses the plural in reference to herself. Also, there is the fact that the Hebrews did believe in Angels. So it is possible that this is in reference to God himself and his angels. I'm not saying that this observation is necessarily incorrect, but that the plural is referring to other gods is not the only option.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
30-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Also, I think many Christians acknowledge Baal, because there is that entire scene with the two alters.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
30-12-2015, 02:51 PM
(30-12-2015 12:51 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Also, I think many Christians acknowledge Baal, because there is that entire scene with the two alters*.

Altars*

In light of the fact that the Babylonian Council of deities is where Yahweh came from, and Deuteronomy 32:8-9 "When the Most High assigned lands to the nations, when he divided up the human race, he established the boundaries of the peoples according to the number in his heavenly court, for the people of Israel belong to the LORD; Jacob is his special possession."

In other words, El Elyon, (the chief deity) gave Israel to Yahweh, .... one of his sons, and his other sons got other nations.

So no, the Hebrews were clearly, and proven by archaeology, (statues of Ashera have been found in worship sites in Dan, Beth-el and Jerusalem), to be polytheists

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post