A list of things to disprove the existence of a benevolent god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2012, 06:58 AM
A list of things to disprove the existence of a benevolent god
(24-12-2012 03:53 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  God is partly evil in my pantheistic viewpoint but strives to his basic good self.

How are you able to make this shit up? Not enough fiber in your diet?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-12-2012, 11:14 AM
RE: A list of things to disprove the existence of a benevolent god
Spongebob Squarepants, no benevolent god can exist in a universe with that monstrosity.
[+] 2 users Like ScienceGeek2587's post
24-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I didn't realize what walk down memory lane this thread is.

Aw, I wonder how Arctic and Satan69 are doing this holiday. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
24-12-2012, 11:20 AM
(24-12-2012 03:53 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  God is partly evil in my pantheistic viewpoint but strives to his basic good self.

What a weird point of view!

So do you worship this partly evil god?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-12-2012, 11:32 AM
So in other words:
Existence is partly evil in my pantheistic viewpoint but strives to his basic good self.

How does that possibly make any sense? Consider

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
24-12-2012, 11:26 PM
(24-12-2012 11:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
So in other words:
Existence is partly evil in my pantheistic viewpoint but strives to his basic good self.

Why does it not make any sense?
25-12-2012, 09:06 AM
(24-12-2012 11:26 PM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 11:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  So in other words:

Existence is not a conscious being, hence why it can't "strive" to be anything; neither good nor bad.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
26-12-2012, 09:48 AM
(24-12-2012 11:26 PM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 11:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  So in other words:

Existence simply is. Therefore, it is neither good or bad. It cannot be partly or wholly evil (or good). It cannot do anything and therefore cannot "strive". The pronoun "his" cannot be attributed to something that has no gender, cannot possess anything, and is not a being. The word "self" only makes sense as a separation from "non-self". Existence encompasses everything and is separate from nothing so the term "self" is meaningless when applied to existence.

So, as I asked before, how does your statement possibly make any sense?

There, I gave you a REAL reply. Your turn now to do the same...

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-12-2012, 11:18 AM
(24-12-2012 11:14 AM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  Spongebob Squarepants, no benevolent god can exist in a universe with that monstrosity.

Ouch! I wouldn't slam an outhouse door that hard. I like Spongebob. It's one of the only kids' shows I like watching with my daughter.

My list:
1. One's tendency to get cancer is unrelated to one's kind or unkind actions.
2. Charity is harder and less rewarding than selfishness.
3. Innocent children depend on the charity of their parents -- see point #2.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Wow, Jesus isn't the only thing getting resurrected around here. Why did we breathe life into this thread, only to bring it back for such nonsense?

At least, if you're going to drop these one-sentence nuggets of crap, you should add another sentence or two explaining why your particular crap is not as clueless as it appears.

How can pantheism even remotely support the notion of an evil god, even a partly evil one? Pantheism by definition equates "god" as basically being "the universe" or "all of existence" or some such silliness. Which part of existence is evil?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein