A little FFRF bashing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2016, 04:45 PM
A little FFRF bashing
Was half listening to the news on the radio on my drive home today. There was a story about FFRF going after some school in Colorado. This school or district had allowed Bibles to be handed out to the students. Apparently FFRF wanted equal rights to hand out atheist (and Satanic? Blink ) literature.

The newscaster stated that FFRF goes after small towns and schools who have small legal budgets and can't afford to fight FFRF. I was not happy with the way they lumped atheism and Satanism together or how they made FFRF sound like some big, rich bully who goes after small, weak entities.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-04-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: A little FFRF bashing
It's my understanding that FFRF only comes in when someone in the area has requested it, so what they are actually doing is supporting the little guy against local bullies. And much of the time, it's after the local school district (for example) has already backed handing out Bibles/Christian literature and shot down polite requests either to stop distributing religious literature or to give equal time to opposing views.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
01-04-2016, 04:56 PM
They immediately make themselves the victims even though they knew what they were doing was illegal.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
01-04-2016, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 05:28 PM by ClydeLee.)
https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item...-pamphlets

It seems they have begun handing out pamphlets of their own, but then were banned from doing so. of course they did.

Also julep's point is right. "The Freedom from Religion Foundation is behind the literature. The Madison, Wisconsin-based group got involved after a mother sought help in December from the Western Colorado Atheists and Freethinkers, which contacted the foundation."

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-04-2016, 05:00 PM
They should insist on handing out copies of the Quran.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-04-2016, 05:05 PM
I am not bashing FFRF. I agree with what they are doing. I didn't like the tone of the report given on the radio station.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-04-2016, 10:30 PM
(01-04-2016 05:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They should insist on handing out copies of the Quran.

[Image: Action-Comics-1.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
01-04-2016, 10:34 PM
(01-04-2016 10:30 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 05:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They should insist on handing out copies of the Quran.

[Image: Action-Comics-1.jpg]

[Image: wpid-Photo-20151003080832935.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post