A little boy named K.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2012, 10:04 PM
A little boy named K.
Hello All,

I would like to tell you about a little boy named K ( not his real name.). I met K on my first mission trip to Africa, and he was a special boy. When I went to the Hellhole K lived in, I had seriously thought I was going to do them all a favor by helping spread the gospel message to the Africans, along with the food. Although the material needs was always secondary to the spirtual needs.

The place we went to was like a slum, except it wasn't crowded, but it sure was poor. Porely built houses, chairs, ripped, dirty clothes, not enough food to feed the children. When I saw this in, my stomach turned, and I instantly regretted taking everything I owned for granted.

K was a fragile boy of one of the families I was responsible for giving spirtual guidense for, and he was like a tradgedy story wrapped up in the grotesque shell we call reality.

His mother had been raped, and he was the baby that came out of the exchange. I won't go into details, for fear of getting emotional, but lets just leave it at that.

Anyways, he was a skinny kid, and was one of the weaker boys in terms of getting food. It was my responsibility to turn him to Christ, and I did just that.

I did just that, and more.

I told him what I had been told to say, promised them food if they attend Mass, promised them many things, and I gave everything I promised. This was a tactic used to show that you are a christ like person, and by describing Jesus as a person who provides, they are more likely to believe.

One day, K asked me if he Faithfully believed in God, and always did what God, and the Pope, ordered, would he be able to get enough food to provide for him and his mother.

My answer is one I still regret saying to him now.

I answered "Of course, God is good, and provides for anybody who is a worthy follower of him."

He soon agreed to be a faithful catholic, and I had left Africa on what I thought had been a good note.

It was a little over a year from then that I returned to thr same place for a second mission trip. I wanted to see K, my little convert, and wanted to ask him how his faith is, but I couldn't find him.

I went to the house he and his mother lived in, and found only his mother, not K. At first, I had thought K had moved on, and when I mentioned K to his mother, his mother looked at me with the saddest eyes, amd explained that he had died from starvation while praying for food.

If I hadn't Told K a lie,he might still have been alive. I know I am wrong in thinking this, but a part of me couldn't help but think I was responsible for his death.

He died praying for food, for God's SAKE.

What type of a fucking Deity would watch a poor starving CHILD begging him for food and DO NOTHING?!!!

Had I just not tried to push an Agenda, and Honestly, physically, tried to help K, he might not have died in such a pathetic way.

There are days when I want to go back, and change things.

This is just one of the many reasons why I would hate God, even if he existed.

That sick motherfucker doesn't DESERVE worship, K didn't deserve dieing hanging onto what I said till the end.

I am sorry.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Atothetheist's post
31-08-2012, 10:19 PM
RE: A little boy named K.
I seriously do not know what to say. I feel your pain.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
31-08-2012, 10:28 PM
(31-08-2012 10:19 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I seriously do not know what to say. I feel your pain.

K was a weak kid, and I took advantage of him, just to sell him a lie.

This is one of the most horrible memories, and one of the most powerful reasons I draw on to oppose religion, especially Catholicism, and Christianity.

31-08-2012, 10:33 PM
(31-08-2012 10:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 10:19 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I seriously do not know what to say. I feel your pain.

K was a weak kid, and I took advantage of him, just to sell him a lie.

This is one of the most horrible memories, and one of the most powerful reasons I draw on to oppose religion, especially Catholicism, and Christianity.

Awesome honesty, dude.

Perhaps you can take solice in the likelihood that his fate may not have been too much different had you not been there.

31-08-2012, 10:35 PM
(31-08-2012 10:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 10:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  K was a weak kid, and I took advantage of him, just to sell him a lie.

Awesome honesty, dude.

Perhaps you can take solice in the likelihood that his fate may not have been too much different had you not been there.

I should have been there to help him out. Instead I sold him a fake belief with the promise of food and survival.

At least he might have died trying to get food, not praying for it to come.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
31-08-2012, 10:39 PM
A little boy named K.
You're a good egg, Charlie Brown.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
31-08-2012, 11:12 PM
The other guy in the story needs to go back, and cut the other little boy some slack, and forgive himself. Taking little boys on missions, expecting them to function as adults could be seen as abusive.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-08-2012, 11:14 PM
A little boy named K.
(31-08-2012 11:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The other guy in the story needs to go back, and cut the other little boy some slack, and forgive himself. Taking little boys on missions, expecting them to function as adults could be seen as abusive.

Amen, Brother.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
31-08-2012, 11:19 PM
(31-08-2012 11:14 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 11:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The other guy in the story needs to go back, and cut the other little boy some slack, and forgive himself. Taking little boys on missions, expecting them to function as adults could be seen as abusive.

Amen, Brother.

Amen, indeed.

01-09-2012, 01:23 AM

This is true. You are not the responsible one here because you do not have the maturity.

You need to find a way to forgive yourself. This doesn't mean to forget, but to just understand that you never did this with ill intent or with the knowledge you have now. You worked for the best in the most helpful way you could at that time. What does that say about you? I am thinking it is a good thing.

You can even do things productive now for both you as a younger child and the boy. I'm not saying it has to anything big, but just something. Donate food to someone like him, in his position (and not through a religious missionary) Even a small gesture in his memory is something physically meaningful and tangible.

We all have regrets of some kind, but we can understand that at that moment in life, for most-you included-, we did what we thought best. At worst, it was a different 'person' and a different time. Imagine you didn't realize this mistake? Or kept making this mistake? I think that would be more tragic.
[+] 5 users Like LadyJane's post