A little more talk and a lot less action!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2014, 11:07 AM
RE: A little more talk and a lot less action!
(21-08-2014 07:09 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Since delving into identifying myself as atheist, I've been paying more attention to those around me who identify themselves as Christian, which is the overwhelming majority.

The thing that sticks out the most to me is that these people, on a day to day, action to action and word to word basis, do not differ from myself. They are not inherently good or bad. But their supposed role as a Christian, for the most part, has no affect on their actions and interactions with others.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that saying, "I'm a Christian." is about as far as it goes for them except on Sundays. They cuss, lie, drink, cheat, work, eat, etc. no different than the evil atheist minority of the area.
Yeah, but it's not what you do, but what you believe in that is most important. Or so I've been told. Dodgy

So, you know, sin up a storm and believe in god and it's purgatory then eventually heaven for you. But act like a saint except without believing in god and it's off to hell with you. Makes perfect sense. Dodgy Perfectly convenient, that is.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: A little more talk and a lot less action!
Brian37,

In no way am I saying that an atheist is perfect or even more morally sound than a Christian. I was simply pointing out the ironic and hypocritical nature of it all, cause as you stated...we are all the same species.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply