A little proof, or helpfully evidence.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2015, 06:09 PM
RE: A little proof, or helpfully evidence.
(06-07-2015 05:52 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Pops, you said you're not down with name calling, yet you have done so many times. I'm not sure what your motive is, but you're not doing a good job.
I agree. I need to work on self control and patience a little more. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2015, 06:11 PM
I have completed the First Testament. I am currently reading the Book of Enoch, Sumer texts, And sparingly the Qur'an.
06-07-2015, 06:30 PM
(06-07-2015 06:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have completed the First Testament. I am currently reading the Book of Enoch, Sumer texts, And sparingly the Qur'an.

So, not many. I have owned the entire Loeb classical library. I can recommend some fine texts. Cicero, Aurelius, Julian, Plato, and many many more up until the later ages when writing in Latin was still fashionable.

The first testament, really? And you consider that even rational.

Tell me, where is the wisdom in these passages?

1 Thessalonians 4:15-5:4 According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of god, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words. Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

1 Timothy 6:13-16 I charge you to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time - God the blessed and only Ruler, the King of Kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

(A prayer. Prayers are not wisdom)

Mark 13: 25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

[Image: IMG_183073959338498_zpsnxtem218.jpeg]

Pops you know nothing of the ancients. Some of whom were amazing. For example, vineyards are still laid out according to an ancient text.

But making wine, while a great skill, is not knowing the universe like DeGrasse Tyson.

If you want an example of ancient wisdom today, watch the actions of ISIS.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-07-2015, 06:33 PM
(06-07-2015 05:12 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Bucky Ball

I can't believe I'm even humoring this,but...if a 57 Chevy was orbiting pluto then you would learn and know that as fact through some type of observation. How in the fuck is that a negative anyway? And I'm not looking for what y'all call proof for myself you fucking ignoramus.
I have full Faith to the point of showing it physically and mentally to the Lord There is no doubt whatsoever once I look to the Lord. He guides me as that is nearly all I ask of him. But I guess that isn't Faith huh. If I knew I was to die today, and my immediate family would be fine, then I would accept physical death with my head to the sky. Not to be confused, I would still fight tooth and nail for life though. Just not from fear of some physical end. Granted both sides are there, and the lesser always tries, for he advances every step you waiver, or question. The trick is being able to spot it. It is sly and insidious. Please do not compare me to anyone else. All though we are all connected, I am like no other.

You're just like every other religious lunatic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-07-2015, 06:40 PM
That's nice. Not really. After all that talking too. Oh well. Good luck in finding peace and true depth in life. Like a bunch of walking husks. I tried, and will continue. That's all I can do.
06-07-2015, 06:47 PM
(06-07-2015 06:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That's nice. Not really. After all that talking too. Oh well. Good luck in finding peace and true depth in life. Like a bunch of walking husks. I tried, and will continue. That's all I can do.

Ya know, there are other atheist forums...you could take your mission to one of them. I'll be happy to show you the exit door.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Here's some Old testament quotes. Again, please point out the wisdom.

Genesis 16:8 And he said “Hagar, Sarai’s slave girl, where have you come from and where are you going?” She answered, “I’m running away from Sarai, my mistress.” The angel of the Lord said to her, “Go back to your mistress and submit to ill treatment at her hands.

”Deut. 25:11When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.

Deut. 28:53Then because of the dire straits to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you.

(The above generally did not happen in the ancient world. Cities starved into submission would usually surrender. Except in a description of Josephus of the Jewish war when the walls of the city fell, women were said to have eaten their babies. But there is no proof. And at time of writing Josephus was heavily in the pocket of Vespasian. But of course you have not read Josephus.)

I too have read the OT and the NT and the Quran. Very little wisdom in any. You could begin with Plato. Perhaps the wisest words were put into the mouth of Socratres by Plato.

"I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing."
Socrates

Hardly the sentiment in those idiotic religious quotes claiming to know everything.
Good luck to you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
06-07-2015, 06:56 PM
(06-07-2015 06:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That's nice. Not really. After all that talking too. Oh well. Good luck in finding peace and true depth in life. Like a bunch of walking husks. I tried, and will continue. That's all I can do.

What makes you think I haven't already found it? You presume far too much.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-07-2015, 07:00 PM

See, again, you're assuming that no one else here has found peace and true depth. Why does it require faith or theism to be peaceful? Why is your path the only one that makes sense?

(Rhetorical questions. No actual answer needed.)
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
06-07-2015, 08:05 PM
We already have been visited by the messiah himself here, and we have our own prophet. So we have no openings right now.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.