A little proof, or helpfully evidence.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2015, 08:18 AM
RE: A little proof, or helpfully evidence.
(07-07-2015 06:46 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 06:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That a the problem. You think -no harm- no foul. But indifference instead of meaning is very sad and misguided. How can people grasp a concept like pollution and not see all the other shit around them that isn't right?

Because they are comfortable. Change would take that comfort. That is selfish and counter productive.

Where the hell do you get that life is indifferent to an atheist?

My life has meaning to me. Others in my life have meaning to me. My son's future has meaning to me. The guy you just quoted as indifferent - his life has meaning to me.

Wtf do you think an atheist sees pollution and doesn't want to change it? Really? Have you met the Republican Party of Christ's cocksuckers? They couldn't give two fucks about preserving this earth for future generations, they just care about the almighty dollar. As far as many xtians are concerned, who gives a rats ass about tree hugging when Christ is coming back on a stallion or a dragon or fucking an angel with multiple heads covered in eyeballs to rain down hell on earth, destroy it with fire, and then heaven shall reign on earth forever and ever amen?

Yes - bad shit goes on in this world. And a lot of it at the hands of the religious. There are a lot more religious twats doing stuff like beheading those that won't convert, mutilating the genitals of girls, and stripping people of their rights out of bigoted hatred learned through their religious teachings than there are sociopaths that harm others for the shits and giggles. So as far as I'm concerned, the religious may feel free to go fuck themselves - at least they'd feel a whole lot better if they'd release some of that pent up sexual frustration.

It's a whole lot more comfortable to say "I'll pray for you" than to get off your ass and do something productive to help someone. Get your head out of your ass.

[Image: orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif]

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-07-2015, 08:21 AM
(07-07-2015 07:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I agree completely. Thought is shit without action. Of course people have meaning from personal life. All I'm trying to say is that there is more. I do not back up the actions of any group whatsoever, or the lack there of. No one group is right more than another. I am not right more than another. I just have different views than most.

And yet here you are preaching. Rude motherfucker.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-07-2015, 08:27 AM
(06-07-2015 07:00 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  (Rhetorical questions. No actual answer needed.)

And none will be forthcoming. PTB doesn't ever engage in any actual discussion or argument. He just starts swearing and changes the subject to a new vague claim.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
07-07-2015, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 08:39 AM by unfogged.)
(07-07-2015 06:36 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If I see something that is Ass backwards it is my duty to stand in contrast.

Yep, you do present yourself ass frontwards, that's for sure.

If you want to convince anybody of anything I suggest:
a. pick a single thing you believe
b. explain exactly what it is that you believe
c. explain what convinced you
d. most importantly, why anybody else should be convinced. Personal revelation won't convince anybody because we can't tell a genuine revelation from a delusion from an outright lie.

You titled this thread "A little proof, or helpfully [sic] evidence." What exactly do you think ancient ruins are proof of or evidence for?

You are speaking to atheists. To be convincing you must speak on our terms because general phrases like "universal unity" are meaningless. If you can't (or won't) try to present your views in a concrete manner then I'll go back to my earlier assumption that you are either a troll or just extremely logic-impaired and that no meaningful dialogue is going to be possible.

[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
07-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Ancient ruins henceforth civilizations had a connection to the parts of reality that most of us do not. They had understanding of many things in there infancy that we are still not certain of. There is a primal connection with creation. You are the intellects, not me. I just say to try and research the stuff without bias. That's all. If you couldn't tell; I don't really have the time, patience, tools, or mindset to break these very real core feelings down for you. I understand that this is somewhat discrediting, and will continue to attempt research myself. I am very bussy most often though. It sucks.
07-07-2015, 09:08 AM
(07-07-2015 08:57 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ancient ruins henceforth civilizations had a connection to the parts of reality that most of us do not. They had understanding of many things in there infancy that we are still not certain of. There is a primal connection with creation. You are the intellects, not me. I just say to try and research the stuff without bias. That's all. If you couldn't tell; I don't really have the time, patience, tools, or mindset to break these very real core feelings down for you. I understand that this is somewhat discrediting, and will continue to attempt research myself. I am very bussy most often though. It sucks.

I mean it sounds like great fiction. Consider

07-07-2015, 12:45 PM
(07-07-2015 08:57 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ancient ruins henceforth civilizations had a connection to the parts of reality that most of us do not.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. What parts of reality? If there is an actual something then it can be defined and demonstrated. If it can't be defined or demonstrated then calling it part of reality makes no sense.

Ancient people built stone circles, some apparently to mark astronomical events which shows that they paid close attention to the sky. It says a lot about the development of human thinking but I don't see any implication of anything more than that.

Quote:They had understanding of many things in there infancy that we are still not certain of.

Again, what things? Just saying that they knew about things we've lost is meaningless unless you can define those things and explain how you know that they understood them. Vagueness is not an argument.

Quote:There is a primal connection with creation.

Another apparently meaningless phrase. What is connected with what? How?

Quote:I just say to try and research the stuff without bias. That's all.

I do. You are the one making grandiose claims about lost knowledge and primal connections. Do you not see that doing so based on finding some ancient stone circles is a very heavy bias towards the supernatural?

I see a bunch of stones that may have been set up for any number of uses. That's interesting, but not a "primal connection with creation", whatever that means.

Quote:If you couldn't tell; I don't really have the time, patience, tools, or mindset to break these very real core feelings down for you. I understand that this is somewhat discrediting, and will continue to attempt research myself. I am very bussy most often though. It sucks.

If all you are going to do is make claims and continue to refuse to delve into any of them or to present even the slightest hint of evidence that they are more than delusions then why post here at all? There are plenty of sites that welcome unsubstantiated woo and would probably laud you as some kind of prophet. Here you are likely to only get ridicule.

It is your choice. Pick a claim and defend it or continue to get called a dishonest troll.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
07-07-2015, 12:47 PM
(07-07-2015 09:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 08:57 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ancient ruins henceforth civilizations had a connection to the parts of reality that most of us do not. They had understanding of many things in there infancy that we are still not certain of.

I mean it sounds like great fiction. Consider

It sounds like Stargate SG-1.

07-07-2015, 12:51 PM
(07-07-2015 12:47 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 09:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  I mean it sounds like great fiction. Consider

It sounds like Stargate SG-1.

So... OP gets his theology from fantasy TV. Good to know. But wait... maybe it's not fantasy! Maybe it's clues left by *those-who-went-before* to guide those-who-come-after who are clever enough to read the signs...

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-07-2015, 09:44 AM
(07-07-2015 08:57 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ancient ruins henceforth civilizations had a connection to the parts of reality that most of us do not.

Unsupported assertion.

Quote:They had understanding of many things in there infancy that we are still not certain of.

Unsupported assertion.

Quote:There is a primal connection with creation.

Unsupported assertion.

Quote:You are the intellects, not me. I just say to try and research the stuff without bias. That's all. If you couldn't tell; I don't really have the time, patience, tools, or mindset to break these very real core feelings down for you. I understand that this is somewhat discrediting, and will continue to attempt research myself. I am very bussy most often though. It sucks.

Try findng actual evidence instead of relying on the words of charlatans.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user