A little proof, or helpfully evidence.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: A little proof, or helpfully evidence.
(05-07-2015 10:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do know there is a God. I know all ancient religions are very similar. I know that that were do not end upon death. I know a lot of other shit too. I know there are angels in the Bible. I know that we have a gap in our evolution. I know all things are intricately connected. I know that there is good and bad and chaos in all of us. I know science cannot explain away the things I know. I also know that unlike most I take no medication but Tylenol, or ibuprofen. I know that all tumors aren't negative. I know my purpose in life. What do you know whole heartedly enough to die for?

"Were do not end upon death" ? Oh really ? Please explain how you know this and what exactly is the mechanism for post-mortem continuation of consciousness. Then provide the evidence. Also provide the evidence for your god(s). Who gives a shit if there are "angels in the Bible." The entire Bible was cooked up by lying human priests. Angels came from Babylonian mythology, (See DR Elaine Pagels "The History of Satan"). Ya see dude, many of us here know more about the Bible and religious crap than you ever will. You CLAIM to "know" a lot". You provide NO evidence.

I "know" there is an Easter Bunny.
Claiming to "know" something is worthless with no evidence, and you got none.

Knowing shit to die for does not make it true. If you doubt that, ask the 9/11 bombers.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Firstly I didn't say anything about consciousness after physical death. Everything is energy. You cannot destroy energy therefore there is immaterial life past physical death.

God is evedent throughout the Universe. Everything goes along it's preordained path but us. You speak of the term angel, I speak of the being. I never said where they came from. That would be assumption because I have ideas but do not claim to know. Frankly, I couldn't care less if you heed my word to simply be more open minded or not. I've done what I agreed to. You will never find out if not on your own. I know that too.
05-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Oh and the extremest you spoke of...they were manipulated by man. Surly they thought they were doing right. Evil can infiltrate nearly anything that has to do with humans. It is a shame. Even people that mean well can be quite lost.
05-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Good nite
05-07-2015, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2015 10:46 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-07-2015 10:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Firstly I didn't say anything about consciousness after physical death. Everything is energy. You cannot destroy energy therefore there is immaterial life past physical death.

God is evedent throughout the Universe. Everything goes along it's preordained path but us. You speak of the term angel, I speak of the being. I never said where they came from. That would be assumption because I have ideas but do not claim to know. Frankly, I couldn't care less if you heed my word to simply be more open minded or not. I've done what I agreed to. You will never find out if not on your own. I know that too.

Energy is not "were", (as you put it). Before you were born there was that energy, and you did not exist. Energy is not "life". So you have no evidence. Just all sorts of shit you say you "know". Well for thousands of years, religious nuts just like you have claimed to "know" shit, all of which was wrong. So get to the end of the line, unless you have some evidence. there is no "god" evident throughout the universe. All that means is that you have no education in how it actually works, (as wel as no education in how to spell in the English language). You think just because something was in the book of Enoch, that makes it true ? Harry Potter is in a book. I suppose you believe in Harry Potter and wizards too, then ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-07-2015, 04:43 AM
(05-07-2015 08:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Epronovost
Do a little research.

Are you so daft in your selfish arrogance that you think we are the only intelligent life throughout all existence? If there was other life is it not safe to say that they could be of which that we couldn't describe due to a lack of understanding? This life could even be non material, or spiritual, it could be lanky grey men. The point is that there are signs all over the Earth that proove ancient civilizations were very connected to some reality that most of us can't even grasp. I believe that it is safe to say that they were very much more in touch with there sixth sense, instinct, nature, spirituality, and many other aspects of life that we still do not understand through science alone. All religion has the same roots. Some became deceitful very early on. Much is still unknown. What is known is that all civilizations came from the same place. We also know that all ancient texts describe a time where we were given knowledge, some of which we weren't supposed to attain. All text refer to angels. They give no good description, and nothing can be taken literally in ancient texts due to there completely different way of life and lack of experience. For the most part it describes them as heavenly or universal beings with knowledge that are dedicated to good and very possibly spiritual. These angels were to show us the true path. Instead they thought of themselves, completely against all if there knowledge. They knew with the knowledge they were to give us, we too would become enlightened like them, and in doing so be closer to God, the source of all, positive energy. We would be able to do anything in the name of God-good. So yeah they showed us knowledge alright and they did some other stuff they weren't supposed to do with our women. This was detramental to both parties involved. For us we lost our way I'm that we got free will. The ability to go off the path of nature just because you can. We would have known no pain or suffering of any sort if we hadn't learned. As a result of the angels/aliens/spiritual beings/ones of knowledge fornicating with humans there were offspring. They were giants. Again not technically. There are signs that few were giants. Anyway, these offspring were not natural and bloodthirsty, restless, cannibalistic, phsycotic creatures. They were the reason for one of the extinction events. They were also the cause of disease, cancers, true demented phycosis and such. Went off on a little tangent but is there not an evolutionary jump that we can't really account for? To be honest, I am still finding things out every day and I have to put them all together for myself. I just started reading these texts with this perspective and for the most part it is the first I have ever read any of it. I base what I really know(my core of belief) of unity, good, nature, and our unique potential and the truth from what I have been shown directly. All the text just back it up. We are all part of the Universe there is a real connection with everything. We are linked directly to God and evil. Chaos also lies in all of us. With this potential we have the chance to be great, to be horrific, or to be nothing. And when I say we I mean the Universe.

That's hilarious! "Do a little research" followed by a pile of unsubstantiated bullshit. Laughat

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-07-2015, 04:45 AM
(05-07-2015 10:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 09:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ah yes. Yet another (the nut du jour) internet crazy. Why is it they always come here ? Facepalm

Assertions are evidence of nothing. Making claims is worthless.

" As a result of the angels/aliens/spiritual beings/ones of knowledge fornicating with humans there were offspring."

Sure there were.
Rolleyes ... Laugh out load ... Laugh out load ... Laugh out load ... Rolleyes

Are you on drugs ?
Be sure the nurse knows where you are for pill time.
Alright prick, evidently you don't comprehend too well. I said I was researching the ideas. Not that I believed them.
I do know there is a God. I know all ancient religions are very similar. I know that that were do not end upon death. I know a lot of other shit too. I know there are angels in the Bible. I know that we have a gap in our evolution. I know all things are intricately connected. I know that there is good and bad and chaos in all of us. I know science cannot explain away the things I know. I also know that unlike most I take no medication but Tylenol, or ibuprofen. I know that all tumors aren't negative. I know my purpose in life. What do you know whole heartedly enough to die for?

No, you don't know those things, you believe those things.

And most of them are demonstrably false.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-07-2015, 04:49 AM
(05-07-2015 07:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Book of Enoch

Seriously? Watchers? Nephilim? You seem to have only a tenuous grip on reality.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-07-2015, 05:13 AM
The Cat in the Hat.
[+] 6 users Like Clockwork's post
06-07-2015, 05:24 AM
(06-07-2015 05:13 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
The Cat in the Hat.

Better story too.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post