A little something for the ladies.
‘Women Atheists Are Genuinely Considered Monsters’

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-09-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: A little something for the ladies.
I was sort of afraid to open the thread...never know what GirlyBob may throw out there. Undecided

I suppose it makes sense that a woman who turns away from god stuff would be seen as a monster...probably all uppity and shit. Not subservient to men, not pious, not quiet...obviously an agent of the debil.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
18-09-2016, 03:26 PM
(18-09-2016 03:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ‘Women Atheists Are Genuinely Considered Monsters’

Thought that image in the link had to come from the Scopes trial. That shadow is still obviously very dark, not a lot of enlightenment yet..

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
18-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Thanks Girly, I read it through and learned a bit, followed links, good stuff. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-09-2016, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 05:18 PM by SitaSky.)
I have been told I chose atheism because most religions hold women down but that had nothing to do with it, I first turned away because the perceived immorality in the Bible and then for other reasons later like science and logic.

On a personal note I have noticed most of the free thinking couples I've met usually the woman is an atheist and the man is agnostic, even in my own relationship this is the case. I have also found that for religious couples the man is more willing to accept the ideas of atheism and discuss it while the woman doesn't even want to deal with it at all, Jesus is real, God loves us, end of story!

It seems either way women have an all or nothing attitude. Once again this is just personal experience it just seems women are totally certain about their choices and ideas and they can't be wavered very easily while men can be more open minded whether they are believers or not, but of course there are many exceptions I've experienced as well. I'm just glad I've never been called a monster right to my face or even online, the most I get is that I'm going to Hell, woman or not, just like any non-believer would. I don't care what that says about me as a woman, I'm a human being first and I don't tend to care much about traditional gender roles anyway.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
18-09-2016, 08:54 PM
I found the following quote to be very telling

There’s a sense that “you can’t trust the atheist … that they can’t be held accountable.”

Both genders are less trusted because we don’t fear post-mortem punishment. How sad.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
18-09-2016, 09:44 PM
(18-09-2016 08:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I found the following quote to be very telling

There’s a sense that “you can’t trust the atheist … that they can’t be held accountable.”

Both genders are less trusted because we don’t fear post-mortem punishment. How sad.

I never understood that, because it makes no sense within their own framework.

What accountability is there when forgiveness for everything (except non-belief) is both unlimited and a single thought away?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-09-2016, 12:12 AM
(18-09-2016 09:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 08:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I found the following quote to be very telling

What accountability is there when forgiveness for everything (except non-belief) is both unlimited and a single thought away?

Repeat after me:

"Christianity enjoys a double standard."
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
19-09-2016, 01:08 AM
(19-09-2016 12:12 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 09:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I never understood that, because it makes no sense within their own framework.

Repeat after me:

"Christianity enjoys a double standard."

Considering how many of them are mortified by the though of Hell, one has to wonder just how many of them actually enjoy it? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
19-09-2016, 06:29 AM
(18-09-2016 09:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Good point. I will tuck that away in my ammo belt next time the subject comes up.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce