A long rant about my supervisor (supportive comments plz)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2011, 08:25 PM
RE: A long rant about my supervisor (supportive comments plz)
(04-03-2011 07:34 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  So he found a reason. He fired because I was 10 bucks over my deposit.

This.

In most states, you are an at will employee. They can fire you for almost any reasons. Which brings me back to: if you're really worried about losing the job, then keep your mouth shut and look for employment and leave when you find something new. If you complain, you may find yourself out of a job very, very quickly.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I think it's sad how life works.

You go to school for a hell of a long time, then spend forever fighting to get a job, then get treated like shit by those you work with.

I'd rather just go tree hugging, but meat is too good for that.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
04-03-2011, 10:54 PM
(04-03-2011 08:25 PM)BnW Wrote:  if you're really worried about losing the job, then keep your mouth shut and look for employment and leave when you find something new.

This would be my advice to you. You don't have to tell anyone else you're looking-in fact, you shouldn't. Just knowing that you're looking for something better will take a good deal of the stress off of you.

Either do that, or suck it up. Unless you're absolutely certain that going to higher up will get you in less trouble instead of more, which I doubt. You may find that he bothers you less if he doesn't feel like he's getting a rise out of you. Also remember it's him, not you, he's just an insecure douchebag with a power hat on.

What sort of work experience do you have?

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
04-03-2011, 11:42 PM

Well I consulted my manager about it today, my manager has always been fantastic and so has his manager. I am not certain how my supervisor is going to retaliate but I actually don't mind if he DOES retaliate because I want him to know I'm not going to put up with his bullshit. He's targeting me in particular, most-likely because he thinks he can get away with it.

The thing about my supervisor is, he's my age and he lives in a very uppity neighborhood. He's a spoiled brat and probably doesn't appreciate his job. Unfortunately there are a LOT of people like that in the world, I should know, I've put up with them all of my life. The rest of my co-workers are fantastic.

Another theory I have for why he's targeting me is because I recently got a positive nod from corporate. My manager told me that NO ONE gets a nod from corporate, that I was the first one. Clint was supposed to read the positive letter I had gotten but he never did, my manager was ticked off that he didn't. My thoughts are he's a tad bit jealous because he's been working there longer and has never received such feedback.

Meh, it's all meh. I just feel better now that I let my manager understand what is going on. He really is fantastic, I've gotten nothing but help and positive comments from him.
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2011, 11:50 PM
There you go. Clint is a jerk who lets his spoiled, upper-class, male ego get in the way of his being a decent person. I have heard it said that there isn't anything worse than a spoiled rich kid.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.