A mass murderer with good intentions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2013, 05:23 PM
A mass murderer with good intentions
So what if Hitler, instead of targeting Jews and seeking global domination, targeted people with terrible genetic disorders that were being passed down to their children? What if Hitler had sought to do a job that no one else could do, but would actually benefit mankind? Getting rid of a disease by getting rid of the carriers. There are terrible terrible hereditary diseases that are being passed to children, which are being passed to their children, and spread like plague, because hey what are ya gonna do?

"I mean, sure it was a terrible thing John Smith did, killing all those poor innocent people... but he DID rid the world of Huntington's disease."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: A mass murderer with good intentions
[Image: v2pg22-selling+out-pa.jpg]

Nope still be a bad idea.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-04-2013, 05:44 PM
(28-04-2013 05:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: v2pg22-selling+out-pa.jpg]

Nope still be a bad idea.

[Image: citizen_kane.gif]

Hitler did target people with genetic disorders.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
28-04-2013, 09:24 PM
What? What's wrong with wishing for a utopian Gattaca-esque society obtained through mass genocide?

[Image: tumblr_lgbj6dMOzl1qf8yek.gif]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
28-04-2013, 10:05 PM
I think that is a terrible idea.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
28-04-2013, 10:13 PM
lets apply this instead to violent criminals and I'd be behind it 100%...but people with genetic disorders shouldn't have their right to life taken away because their parents are carriers.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
[+] 1 user Likes Likos02's post
28-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Sounds like every other statist argument to me...

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2013, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 12:07 AM by PoolBoyG.)
Question RE: A mass murderer with good intentions
So, can someone explain to me why science, medical advancements, social welfare, social programs, and common human decency doesn't exist in this hypothetical scenario? It seems like a whole lot has to be destroyed and distorted before anything even resembling genocide is considered. Call me crazy.
29-04-2013, 02:33 AM
You are all missing the point that it's Hitler and Hitler type people. This isn't a proposition that the forum band together and start murdering people. It's a "what if someone wiped out 5 million people, but cured cancer in the process" question.

You people are no fun.

I'm all like

[Image: 500full.jpg]

and you're all like

[Image: PIPE1.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
29-04-2013, 03:19 AM
(29-04-2013 02:33 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You are all missing the point that it's Hitler and Hitler type people. This isn't a proposition that the forum band together and start murdering people. It's a "what if someone wiped out 5 million people, but cured cancer in the process" question.

You people are no fun.

I'm all like

[Image: 500full.jpg]

and you're all like

[Image: PIPE1.jpg]

I understood what you were going for it's just Hawking and people like him make the cost > Benefit. This is the Josef Mengele argument. Without Mengele the science of human medicine is set back at least 50 years. Does the fact that he saved a factor of at least 1000 to 1 people vs those he tortured and killed though his "research" make him anything other than a monster.

The answer is no he was a true monster. The worst example of what twisted evil science looks like. The fact that his evil led to some good does not remove the evil.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]