A message from Seth
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: A message from Seth
(08-07-2013 08:04 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  LET US RETURN TO REJOICING AND LOVE-MAKING Weeping

Sorry, no joining the orgies until you're 18 Ferdy.

We'll tell you all about how awesome it was when we've finished though. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Hughsie's post
08-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Fuck, I missed this month's drama and temper tantrum of two parties on this forum.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
08-07-2013, 08:15 AM
From both near and far I have seen both Sociopaths and Pedophiles work their "Social Magic" on groups of people (workplace) or familes. After seeing it happen for the 4th time, I became interested in what makes people like these tick. At first, I was studying sociopaths, but then I realized that Pedophiles seemed to be a subset of Sociopath.

So...how does one recognize a Sociopath? Well...most people pretty much don't until it is too late. By that time, all there is left to do is fight the sociopath and everybody will be bloodied as a result: friend will turn on friend and brother on sister and parent on child. Sociopaths are masters at breaking "Social Paths" as a means of gaining control. They are the ultimate "divide and conquer" strategists.

Like I said, all one can do is fight - if they can even do that - and try as best they can to pick up the pieces after the fallout. In the end, it's always a leaves the group feeling as if some invisible tornado had struck them: they are hurt and confused and can't figure out why.

I think this forum got hit by such a tornado, and I think it luck to get off very light.
08-07-2013, 08:31 AM
(08-07-2013 08:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 07:58 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  It went up about 12 hours ago. It's an extension of rule 3 rather than a rule in it's own right.

Okay, good.

Also, I would like the community to know this:

Tim (Hughsie), Jamie (FSM_Scot), and I stayed up very late Saturday night/Sunday morning talking about this issue. Trying to find a decision.

Your admins are hard at work for YOU. For what's best for this forum. There was so much discussion... so many variables... it was almost impossible to find a solution without Seth.

We are not just sitting on our thumbs watching this thing explode... as some people think.

This was very stressful for all three of us... and we lost a lot of sleep discussing it trying to find a compromise that everyone would accept.

This issue was an extreme one since the fallout was an actual cost of human lives , literally. Some people who were affected will never be the same again.

That is an extremely rare thing, it will likely never happen again. The other wide spread group of people who have PTS are ex-soldiers, and I can't imagine a type of thread that would trigger them. For them, the trigger is usually sound.

But, in the unlikely event something like this should ever happen again, perhaps one can quarantine the thread in question until admin reaches a consensus to avoid lives being destroyed in the interim.

Again, this is a most rare and unusual situation, because the damage happens in a second flat, one doesn't actually have to keep reading to be affected. It was like a land mine. Step on it and poof.

And people would step on it because the nature of the forum is such that it would be expected to be some newsy or scientific discussion, which would not have triggered most people. It was so explosive because it was a justification for pedo behavior, by actual pedos.

This has been exhausting for me. It was also some sort of positive for me because I was able to rise for a fight instead of cowering in a corner. Others were not so lucky.

I suggest that we watch for who all have disappeared because of this, and contact them (if admin has email contact possible) and inform them of the outcome and that it is safe to come back. It will make a big difference to them in their lives, even if they are not going to return.

And now I am done on this topic.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Boy did I miss a lot during my sleep.

Dammit Seth, why didn't I think of that fire analogy. That was spot on.

@Huma (if you're reading this): I already challenged your consistency. You're leaving shows how adamant you are about free speech. Yet I've never seen you ONCE get upset over the banning of trolls or spammers. But now you leave because we had an issue with a hot topic. I'm sorry, I cannot respect your attitude and you have lost a ton of credibility with me as someone who is rational. Your leaving this forum for the reasons you are is anything but rational. You are picking and choosing. Well guess what? That's exactly what Seth was doing as well. Picking and choosing what's allowed and what's not. But at least Seth has the community's best interest in mind. You are just being childish and calling quitsies.

This goes for the rest of you on the free speech side. NONE of you are consistent for the very reasons above. And don't blame Seth on this one. Even if Seth never gave you a guideline for trolls and spammers, I will bet all my savings that you guys as an admin group would have drafted up those same rules.

Again, defend your freedom of speech by all means... in the real world. And if you want to defend it to the point where you are disagreeing with Seth because you feel it is censorship, I challenge you to be consistent. I challenge you to fight for a troll or spammer's freedom of speech as well.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
08-07-2013, 09:48 AM
You heard the man. Consistency! Seriously, the drama on here is great when I choose not to get involved or take sides.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
08-07-2013, 09:53 AM
(08-07-2013 09:48 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You heard the man. Consistency! Seriously, the drama on here is great when I choose not to get involved or take sides.

You missed out buddy. The Drama was strong as of recent. I flipped my wig more than once.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
08-07-2013, 09:54 AM
In our defense Logica, this is TTA, you should have known some shit would go down in that sort of time period.

Good to hear you're not dead btw.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
(08-07-2013 09:53 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 09:48 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You heard the man. Consistency! Seriously, the drama on here is great when I choose not to get involved or take sides.

You missed out buddy. The Drama was strong as of recent. I flipped my wig more than once.

I did, though I can actually imagine a lot of the things. I've been here two years, and with all the arguments and leadership change, I have gotten used to how childish and malleable this entire forum can be.

(08-07-2013 09:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  In our defense Logica, this is TTA, you should have known some shit would go down in that sort of time period.

Good to hear you're not dead btw.

I've watched shit go down on this forum repetitively since the day I signed up. I used to be shocked that some things actually became a commentary, and even how childish some of the administration acted. Now, however, I don't really give a shit.

Ever since World War Z!

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
08-07-2013, 10:01 AM
(08-07-2013 09:41 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Boy did I miss a lot during my sleep.

Dammit Seth, why didn't I think of that fire analogy. That was spot on.

@Huma (if you're reading this): I already challenged your consistency. You're leaving shows how adamant you are about free speech. Yet I've never seen you ONCE get upset over the banning of trolls or spammers. But now you leave because we had an issue with a hot topic. I'm sorry, I cannot respect your attitude and you have lost a ton of credibility with me as someone who is rational. Your leaving this forum for the reasons you are is anything but rational. You are picking and choosing. Well guess what? That's exactly what Seth was doing as well. Picking and choosing what's allowed and what's not. But at least Seth has the community's best interest in mind. You are just being childish and calling quitsies.

This goes for the rest of you on the free speech side. NONE of you are consistent for the very reasons above. And don't blame Seth on this one. Even if Seth never gave you a guideline for trolls and spammers, I will bet all my savings that you guys as an admin group would have drafted up those same rules.

Again, defend your freedom of speech by all means... in the real world. And if you want to defend it to the point where you are disagreeing with Seth because you feel it is censorship, I challenge you to be consistent. I challenge you to fight for a troll or spammer's freedom of speech as well.

A troll pro-actively tries to generate a flame war and will keep going while it's fed. A spammer just posts a bunch of useless crap.
In this case the things could've been debated and talked about, could've been nice.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Thread Closed