A message from Seth
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 10:05 AM
RE: A message from Seth
(08-07-2013 10:00 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 09:53 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  You missed out buddy. The Drama was strong as of recent. I flipped my wig more than once.

I did, though I can actually imagine a lot of the things. I've been here two years, and with all the arguments and leadership change, I have gotten used to how childish and malleable this entire forum can be.

(08-07-2013 09:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  In our defense Logica, this is TTA, you should have known some shit would go down in that sort of time period.

Good to hear you're not dead btw.

I've watched shit go down on this forum repetitively since the day I signed up. I used to be shocked that some things actually became a commentary, and even how childish some of the administration acted. Now, however, I don't really give a shit.

Ever since World War Z!

I'm sure once a better quality version of World War Z come sup for download I will get the reference. Until then I'll just nod my head and smile.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Can we try and move on now? He gave us the decision, as expected it didn't make everyone happy, but guess what? The decision is made. He even came back to personally explain his decision. Either you can accept the judgement, or not at this point.

Me? I'll fucking hate the decision to enact censorship, but I'll either get over it, or I'll just pack my belongings. That's it.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
08-07-2013, 10:06 AM
I've admittedly been absent for maybe an entire year or more. I recently came back and stepped right into a shit show.

But without a basis for comparison, I do have to say that this particular shit-show was the heaviest subject I can remember from all the time I've spent here.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
08-07-2013, 10:06 AM
(08-07-2013 10:01 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 09:41 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Boy did I miss a lot during my sleep.

Dammit Seth, why didn't I think of that fire analogy. That was spot on.

@Huma (if you're reading this): I already challenged your consistency. You're leaving shows how adamant you are about free speech. Yet I've never seen you ONCE get upset over the banning of trolls or spammers. But now you leave because we had an issue with a hot topic. I'm sorry, I cannot respect your attitude and you have lost a ton of credibility with me as someone who is rational. Your leaving this forum for the reasons you are is anything but rational. You are picking and choosing. Well guess what? That's exactly what Seth was doing as well. Picking and choosing what's allowed and what's not. But at least Seth has the community's best interest in mind. You are just being childish and calling quitsies.

This goes for the rest of you on the free speech side. NONE of you are consistent for the very reasons above. And don't blame Seth on this one. Even if Seth never gave you a guideline for trolls and spammers, I will bet all my savings that you guys as an admin group would have drafted up those same rules.

Again, defend your freedom of speech by all means... in the real world. And if you want to defend it to the point where you are disagreeing with Seth because you feel it is censorship, I challenge you to be consistent. I challenge you to fight for a troll or spammer's freedom of speech as well.

A troll pro-actively tries to generate a flame war and will keep going while it's fed. A spammer just posts a bunch of useless crap.
In this case the things could've been debated and talked about, could've been nice.

You can still debate pedo stuff - from a scientific, statistical and factual point of view. What can not happen is having a bunch of pedos post to justify themselves.

But really, as Seth said, there are places much better than this one if you are seriously interested in finding out more.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-07-2013, 10:07 AM
(08-07-2013 10:05 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Can we try and move on now? He gave us the decision, as expected it didn't make everyone happy, but guess what? The decision is made. He even came back to personally explain his decision. Either you can accept the judgement, or not at this point.

Me? I'll fucking hate the decision to enact censorship, but I'll either get over it, or I'll just pack my belongings. That's it.

I am over it. But you and others keep bringing up censorship. I am challenging that notion. Where's your opposition for the censorship of trolls and spammers?

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
08-07-2013, 10:12 AM
(08-07-2013 10:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 10:00 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I did, though I can actually imagine a lot of the things. I've been here two years, and with all the arguments and leadership change, I have gotten used to how childish and malleable this entire forum can be.

I've watched shit go down on this forum repetitively since the day I signed up. I used to be shocked that some things actually became a commentary, and even how childish some of the administration acted. Now, however, I don't really give a shit.

Ever since World War Z!

I'm sure once a better quality version of World War Z come sup for download I will get the reference. Until then I'll just nod my head and smile.

All I can say is watch the movie without expecting it to follow the book... at all... and you will thoroughly enjoy the summer action flick.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
08-07-2013, 10:13 AM
(08-07-2013 10:12 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 10:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm sure once a better quality version of World War Z come sup for download I will get the reference. Until then I'll just nod my head and smile.

All I can say is watch the movie without expecting it to follow the book... at all... and you will thoroughly enjoy the summer action flick.

That should ALWAYS be the rule for movies based off books.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
08-07-2013, 10:24 AM
(08-07-2013 10:07 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 10:05 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Can we try and move on now? He gave us the decision, as expected it didn't make everyone happy, but guess what? The decision is made. He even came back to personally explain his decision. Either you can accept the judgement, or not at this point.

I am over it. But you and others keep bringing up censorship. I am challenging that notion. Where's your opposition for the censorship of trolls and spammers?

As far as I can tell you are trolling right now.

08-07-2013, 10:25 AM
(08-07-2013 10:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 10:01 AM)nach_in Wrote:  A troll pro-actively tries to generate a flame war and will keep going while it's fed. A spammer just posts a bunch of useless crap.
In this case the things could've been debated and talked about, could've been nice.

You can still debate pedo stuff - from a scientific, statistical and factual point of view. What can not happen is having a bunch of pedos post to justify themselves.

But really, as Seth said, there are places much better than this one if you are seriously interested in finding out more.

I won't risk the ban, just in case...

And yes, of course there're other places.

Anyway, I was just answering the question about trolls and spammers, we didn't have this rule before so I included the pedos in the "free to speak" category.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
08-07-2013, 10:32 AM
(08-07-2013 10:25 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 10:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  You can still debate pedo stuff - from a scientific, statistical and factual point of view. What can not happen is having a bunch of pedos post to justify themselves.

I won't risk the ban, just in case...

And yes, of course there're other places.

Anyway, I was just answering the question about trolls and spammers, we didn't have this rule before so I included the pedos in the "free to speak" category.

And now the rule is in place. And with this rule, a person has quit. Many more will move on normally, but add that they are against the decision.

So now it is fair game when I ask why this (pedophilia) and not that (spam/trolls)? Or were you guys secretly against banning trolls and spammers all along?

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Thread Closed