A message from Seth
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: A message from Seth
(08-07-2013 11:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  [quote='Hughsie' pid='336342' dateline='1373304949']

The other frequent complaint seems to have been about people who continuously attack others.

That would be my number one complaint.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
08-07-2013, 12:07 PM
(08-07-2013 12:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  There you go with the banning again. Dunno why you keep falling back on that when no one wants it. You have some sort of banophobia dominating your brain. Can you try to be creative and abandon the word ban in your thoughts?

Because that is the end destination on the road we are going down.

Besides, what is your suggestion? Other than an extra section that is, not only unnecessary and going to solve nothing, but pretty much guaranteed to cause us twice daily flare ups.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-07-2013, 12:09 PM
(08-07-2013 12:07 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 12:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  There you go with the banning again. Dunno why you keep falling back on that when no one wants it. You have some sort of banophobia dominating your brain. Can you try to be creative and abandon the word ban in your thoughts?

Besides, what is your suggestion? Other than an extra section that is, not only unnecessary and going to solve nothing, but pretty much guaranteed to cause us twice daily flare ups.

I don't agree that the end result would necessarily be banning, but could easily get to the point of there being so many regulations, subforums, and moderation that people get frustrated and don't come back because of the hassle in posting and replying.

Kind of a self-imposed ban if you will.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-07-2013, 12:10 PM
(08-07-2013 12:07 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Why do you think it would cause flare ups, and twice daily yet? A lot of people have said they like this.

Or maybe we could go all wild and ask the membership what they would like? Such as a poll? With all possible solutions as options? Because unlike you, I think there are likely creative solutions to all of this. I just haven't heard you proposing any.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-07-2013, 12:22 PM
(08-07-2013 12:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why do you think it would cause flare ups, and twice daily yet? A lot of people have said they like this.

Or maybe we could go all wild and ask the membership what they would like? Such as a poll? With all possible solutions as options? Because unlike you, I think there are likely creative solutions to all of this. I just haven't heard you proposing any.

I think it would cause flare ups because every time a thread was suggested to be moved there there would be people for and against, and I think the two camps would argue, and I don't think either camp would accept a decision they didn't agree with.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-07-2013, 12:24 PM
(08-07-2013 12:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 12:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why do you think it would cause flare ups, and twice daily yet? A lot of people have said they like this.

I think it would cause flare ups because every time a thread was suggested to be moved there there would be people for and against, and I think the two camps would argue, and I don't think either camp would accept a decision they didn't agree with.

This.

We don't need to create more problems.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-07-2013, 12:25 PM
(08-07-2013 12:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Sounds like Kindergarden. Maybe we can go beyond and grow up a bit... No one else has any creative ideas?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-07-2013, 12:26 PM
(08-07-2013 12:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 12:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think it would cause flare ups because every time a thread was suggested to be moved there there would be people for and against, and I think the two camps would argue, and I don't think either camp would accept a decision they didn't agree with.

This.

We don't need to create more problems work.

Fixt. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
08-07-2013, 12:26 PM
wow, I swear I could have made that exact same point not long ago... Consider

It's okay, I'll just stand in the back and flap my arms around in the air. Carry on TTA.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-07-2013, 12:30 PM
(08-07-2013 12:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 12:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think it would cause flare ups because every time a thread was suggested to be moved there there would be people for and against, and I think the two camps would argue, and I don't think either camp would accept a decision they didn't agree with.

Sounds like Kindergarden. Maybe we can go beyond and grow up a bit... No one else has any creative ideas?

You may be preaching to the choir in regards to Hughsie and me.

We just see how it will more than likely turn out based on past experiences and an understanding of the forum.

Based on the forum's demeanor, this isn't the best idea. We try to work around that because we know we can't change the forum's general reaction.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Thread Closed