RE: A message from Seth
(08-07-2013 12:31 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Pictures muffs

Page 20 and 21.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 01:04 PM
(08-07-2013 07:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'll be the first to say that I disagree with this decision. I disagree with Seth. I believe this is a censorship of free speech.

HOWEVER

Rules are rules, and Seth is the ultimate authority here.

So, I will not only abide by those rules, but I will ENFORCE them.

If there hasn't already been a change to the rules thread, we need to make one.

I am glad this is over. Thank you Seth for making a decision.

Unlimited free speech is not part part of Seth's mission statement. It never was.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 01:10 PM
(08-07-2013 01:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 07:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'll be the first to say that I disagree with this decision. I disagree with Seth. I believe this is a censorship of free speech.

HOWEVER

Unlimited free speech is not part part of Seth's mission statement. It never was.

Seth had no mission statement for this forum nor did he want one. He handed the forum over to Stark and Stark made the forum, its rules, and set it up. It was Stark that advocated unlimited free speech. He had the backing of Seth.

Now, Seth has stepped in because of this ordeal. We now have clear-cut instructions on how to deal with this issue; thus, it's clear that there is not unlimited free speech.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
08-07-2013, 01:10 PM
(08-07-2013 01:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  

HOWEVER

I think the idea is that free speech was more of a mission statement for moderation.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-07-2013, 01:11 PM
(08-07-2013 01:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Unlimited free speech is not part part of Seth's mission statement. It never was.

Haha, KC you're practically psychic. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-07-2013, 01:20 PM
I have a challenge for anyone who wants more moderator-heavy moderation of the forum. Go to christianforums.com and post there for a bit. Even though they have subforums for physical and life science, you can't say anything you want. They have christian-only sections and even if the topic being discussed is about atheism or something sciencey, you can't post anything you want. Say something that potentially offends? Post removed. Post in christian-only sections? Posts removed. Blaspheme? Posts removed. Start a thread about atheism? Thread closed and removed. Talk about your personal experience in religion as you trended towards atheism? Thread closed and posts removed.

Now that is some anti-free speech having bullshit. I rarely post there because what I have to say, would just get fucking deleted.

Oh, and you can't curse.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
08-07-2013, 01:24 PM
The last few days has been fantastic entertainment. Thanks to all involved.

I wanted to say what I thought, but there were to many emotional people who would likely have twisted my words just like they were doing to others, but that aside, bravo, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Big Grin

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
08-07-2013, 01:28 PM
I don't have a problem with topics about pedophilia being banned. -shrugs-

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
08-07-2013, 01:29 PM
(08-07-2013 01:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I have a challenge for anyone who wants more moderator-heavy moderation of the forum. Go to christianforums.com and post there for a bit. Even though they have subforums for physical and life science, you can't say anything you want. They have christian-only sections and even if the topic being discussed is about atheism or something sciencey, you can't post anything you want. Say something that potentially offends? Post removed. Post in christian-only sections? Posts removed. Blaspheme? Posts removed. Start a thread about atheism? Thread closed and removed. Talk about your personal experience in religion as you trended towards atheism? Thread closed and posts removed.

Now that is some anti-free speech having bullshit. I rarely post there because what I have to say, would just get fucking deleted.

Oh, and you can't curse.

I am a frequent poster there and, despite Christian-only sections (and as far as I know, no one has suggested "atheist-only" forums), their constant moderation for staying on topic, and their over-sensitivity for foul language, I haven't had a real problem for having differing opinions.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Thread Closed