A message from Seth
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 01:31 PM
RE: A message from Seth
(08-07-2013 01:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I have a challenge for anyone who wants more moderator-heavy moderation of the forum. Go to christianforums.com and post there for a bit. Even though they have subforums for physical and life science, you can't say anything you want. They have christian-only sections and even if the topic being discussed is about atheism or something sciencey, you can't post anything you want. Say something that potentially offends? Post removed. Post in christian-only sections? Posts removed. Blaspheme? Posts removed. Start a thread about atheism? Thread closed and removed. Talk about your personal experience in religion as you trended towards atheism? Thread closed and posts removed.

Now that is some anti-free speech having bullshit. I rarely post there because what I have to say, would just get fucking deleted.

Oh, and you can't curse.

All I see here is:

Everything is black or white

The membership is a kindergarden class and unable to discuss and arrive at solutions

every road leads to a ban

there are no other roads

PFFFFFFTTTT! Shocking

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 01:34 PM
(08-07-2013 01:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 01:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Unlimited free speech is not part part of Seth's mission statement. It never was.

Haha, KC you're practically psychic. Big Grin

I know, right?

Tongue

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-07-2013, 01:36 PM
(08-07-2013 01:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I know, right?

Tongue

Can you do me a favour and send me tomorrow night's lottery numbers? Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-07-2013, 01:36 PM
What? I didn't say ban, even with regards to the forum I suggested people go to and see. They haven't banned me on there for breaking these rules. But ask any of the atheists on there if people willingly leave over that kind of BS over-moderation and they will say yes.

(08-07-2013 01:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 01:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I have a challenge for anyone who wants more moderator-heavy moderation of the forum. Go to christianforums.com and post there for a bit. Even though they have subforums for physical and life science, you can't say anything you want. They have christian-only sections and even if the topic being discussed is about atheism or something sciencey, you can't post anything you want. Say something that potentially offends? Post removed. Post in christian-only sections? Posts removed. Blaspheme? Posts removed. Start a thread about atheism? Thread closed and removed. Talk about your personal experience in religion as you trended towards atheism? Thread closed and posts removed.

Now that is some anti-free speech having bullshit. I rarely post there because what I have to say, would just get fucking deleted.

Oh, and you can't curse.

All I see here is:

The membership is a kindergarden class and unable to discuss and arrive at solutions

there are no other roads

PFFFFFFTTTT! Shocking

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-07-2013, 01:39 PM
(08-07-2013 01:36 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What? I didn't say ban, even with regards to the forum I suggested people go to and see. They haven't banned me on there for breaking these rules. But ask any of the atheists on there if people willingly leave over that kind of BS over-moderation and they will say yes.

(08-07-2013 01:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  All I see here is:

there are no other roads

PFFFFFFTTTT! Shocking

Sorry dude, I meant to start a new post and not reply to yours, my bad!

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-07-2013, 01:40 PM
I think Seth has done the right thing here. Personally, I always avoid those types of threads.
08-07-2013, 01:40 PM
(08-07-2013 01:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 01:36 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What? I didn't say ban, even with regards to the forum I suggested people go to and see. They haven't banned me on there for breaking these rules. But ask any of the atheists on there if people willingly leave over that kind of BS over-moderation and they will say yes.

Sorry dude, I meant to start a new post and not reply to yours, my bad!

That makes more sense.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-07-2013, 01:42 PM
(08-07-2013 01:40 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 01:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  Sorry dude, I meant to start a new post and not reply to yours, my bad!

That makes more sense.

Yes, it really doesn't apply to your post. Again, sorry about that, I hit the wrong button.

08-07-2013, 01:42 PM
(08-07-2013 01:36 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 01:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I know, right?

Tongue

Can you do me a favour and send me tomorrow night's lottery numbers? Big Grin

My stuff on works in North America.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-07-2013, 01:44 PM

I think more people leave because the moderation is made up of Christians biased in favor of Christians.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Thread Closed