A message from Seth
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 05:17 PM
RE: A message from Seth
Wait, what? Shocking

I thought all weenies liked hot pockets...?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 05:22 PM
(08-07-2013 05:17 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  Wait, what? Shocking

I thought all weenies liked hot pockets...?

Nah, that was in the 2009 rule book. The rules have changed. Hot pockets are pretty rad now. I can lend you my 2012 copy of the rules, ifya want.

Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't agree with this, but papa says no! I can live with it, but it IS censorship! When you can't speak, you can't speak! The question, now, is not are we gagged, here? But when do we wear them?
08-07-2013, 05:24 PM
(08-07-2013 05:15 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 05:10 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  I don't bite into hot pockets period. Pukappotomus.

Hot pockets are nice. Only weenies don't like hot pockets.

Ironically, you're likely biting into ground weenies every time you eat a hit pocket. Tongue

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
08-07-2013, 05:28 PM
(08-07-2013 04:48 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  1) This place NEVER had unlimited free speech so please stop acting like it did

2) For me, this was half about the emotions it dragged out of people and half about what this forum was potentially about to represent. Unlimited free speech has a price both in the real world and a forum. The problem on the forum side is that it could destroy the community. It could destroy the good name of TTA. How far will you let "unlimited" free speech on this forum go? What if we got a flood of afflicted individuals posting their graphic stories? What about racists? I find it hard to believe that you guys wouldn't draw the line somewhere.

3) I wouldn't quit this forum either way. I do participate in other forums. Quitting this forum over this minor limitation on "free speech" is lame.

I don't know if some of you are placing me on your shit list, but I really harbor no ill-feelings towards any of you. I have a need to debate. I have a need to push people's rationale to the limits. This is my way of trying to understand your positions.

As it stands now, I still don't get the "unlimited free speech" stance that some of you are defending. This forum never even had that. You just find this particular issue of free speech worth defending. You're not actually defending the right itself.

Emphatically agreed.

Absolute free speech is an ideal beyond reach (such is the nature of ideals). There are always restrictions. In most jurisdictions the legal ones are on threats and harassment; this can include hate speech, incitement, and defamation. There are generally further restrictions on what may be discussed where minors may be present.

Now, adherence to those is not a matter of principle, unless we're all hankering for some pointless civil disobedience. The forum literally could not function if we regularly broke laws in our native jurisdictions. Further restrictions specific to the forum, however include things such as, well, blocking spammers - I have yet to see someone say that that act is violating an inviolable right.

Like I said a million years ago (actually four days) - freedom of speech and expression is something we all (well - that's an assumption, but a broad and fairly safe one) agree should be upheld so far as is practical.

People, naturally, disagree over what's practical...

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
08-07-2013, 05:30 PM
(08-07-2013 05:24 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Ironically, you're likely biting into ground weenies every time you eat a hit pocket. Tongue

If you're suggesting I eat penis hot pockets, I don't. Those are grody. The pizza hot pockets are as well...
08-07-2013, 05:32 PM
(08-07-2013 05:30 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  If you're suggesting I eat penis hot pockets, I don't. Those are grody. The pizza hot pockets are as well...

Given the current climate are people gonna freak if I make a joke about Ferdy putting penis in her mouth? Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
08-07-2013, 05:34 PM
A message from Seth:

"I don't agree with this, but papa says no! I can live with it, but it IS censorship! When you can't speak, you can't speak! The question, now, is not are we gagged, here? But when do we wear them?"

Having said that, I do appreciate what you are doing here, papa (Seth) It's been very helpful to me. But I suggest that you think about it! Maybe do a podcast. Why is it O.K. for you to censor this topic?
08-07-2013, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 05:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-07-2013 05:23 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  The question, now, is not are we gagged, here? But when do we wear them?

As soon as you feel the need to publicly explore any feelings about diddling your 10 yo niece. ... Or playing with a 5 yo boy's little weewee. Seems clear enough to me. ...

[Image: ballgag.jpg]

By my read bestiality and necrophilia, however, are still on the table if you're interested. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-07-2013, 05:37 PM
(08-07-2013 05:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 05:30 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  If you're suggesting I eat penis hot pockets, I don't. Those are grody. The pizza hot pockets are as well...

Given the current climate are people gonna freak if I make a joke about Ferdy putting penis in her mouth? Big Grin

Far as most jurisdictions are concerned she's a consenting adult.

Ahem.

I don't actually know if the penis is specifically set aside when butchering animals these days. Anyone want to look into that for me? I would, but, uh - no.

... this is my signature!
Thread Closed