A message from Seth
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: A message from Seth
(08-07-2013 05:37 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 05:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Given the current climate are people gonna freak if I make a joke about Ferdy putting penis in her mouth? Big Grin

Far as most jurisdictions are concerned she's a consenting adult.

Ahem.

I don't actually know if the penis is specifically set aside when butchering animals these days. Anyone want to look into that for me? I would, but, uh - no.

Which animal you want? Bull, Sheep, Pig, goat, Buffalo?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 05:44 PM by yumeji.)
(08-07-2013 05:34 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Why is it O.K. for you to censor this topic?

Did you not read the whole OP or skim the rest of the thread?

[Image: h4C3C2FDB]

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like yumeji's post
08-07-2013, 05:41 PM
(08-07-2013 05:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Which animal you want? Bull, Sheep, Pig, goat, Buffalo?

Whatever they make hot pockets out of.

So, all of the above.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
08-07-2013, 05:41 PM
(08-07-2013 05:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 05:30 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  If you're suggesting I eat penis hot pockets, I don't. Those are grody. The pizza hot pockets are as well...

Given the current climate are people gonna freak if I make a joke about Ferdy putting penis in her mouth? Big Grin

Ferdi is a female?

THIS

CHANGES

... nothing

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
08-07-2013, 05:49 PM
(08-07-2013 05:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Given the current climate are people gonna freak if I make a joke about Ferdy putting penis in her mouth? Big Grin

Are people gonna freak when they find naked pictures of your dead body on an altar in my room in the Personal Issues and Support/Health and Psychology sections

Because they shouldn't Shy

(08-07-2013 05:37 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I don't actually know if the penis is specifically set aside when butchering animals these days. Anyone want to look into that for me? I would, but, uh - no.

I'm sure you've googled worse things, Cjlr...

(08-07-2013 05:41 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Ferdi is a female?

Why am I always mistaken for a dude Weeping
08-07-2013, 05:50 PM
(08-07-2013 05:49 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Are people gonna freak when they find naked pictures of your dead body on an altar in my room in the Personal Issues and Support/Health and Psychology

Because they shouldn't Shy

You're really gonna go to those lengths just to get a picture of my butt?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-07-2013, 05:52 PM
(08-07-2013 03:41 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 11:04 AM)nach_in Wrote:  It's always about purpose, every right has limitations, and those limitations are based on the purpose of the right to begin with. Freedom of speech is supposed to allow people to claim a space to speak without fearing negative consequences (in our case banning), but it's there so polemic ideas can be discussed without others blocking them, so it's about avoiding oppression and allowing diversity, because that's a positive thing.

Now trolls and spammes, by definition, aren't trying to debate or discuss an idea, the intention of the speech itself is to either incite discord or to flood the forum with unwanted advertisement.

The trolls is the most delicate kind to deal with, and we allow a great deal of trolling here because of that, and it's good imo.

I don't think that the pedos were promoting pedophilia, it's not the way I interpreted them. Promoting pedophilia is bad. But discussing it: trying to better define it, finding what constitutes consent, what's the best age to allow consent, or, in general, better understand the grey areas that we can find in the topic is not the same.

I understand that it can be too hard for some to have that kind of debate, and I respect the decision to limit it so we can talk about everything else. But it's a limitation to free speech that fails the very purpose of that right in my opinion, and that's why I think it's not entirely good.

Of course this is not real life and we have a different set of rules, I get that, that's why I respect the decision.

No, you still don't get it. You need to take your defensive barriers down for a second and listen to me...

What I meant by THIS DISCUSSION isn't about purpose. This discussion as in my questioning of the consistency of the freedom of speech crowd.

The way you guys defend freedom of speech is absolute. It's so absolute for one individual that he left this forum. If it is absolute freedom of speech you are defending, then you must allow spam and trolling regardless of its PURPOSE. Or else you are picking and choosing. You are picking and choosing what has purpose and what doesn't TO YOU. Because that spammer and troll definitely have a purpose. At minimum they are satisfying their own boredom. Most likely, they get off on annoying people and seeing the reactions they can garner.

Of course I personally find trolling and spamming pointless. That's why I'm okay with banning them. But I'm consistent. I'm okay with banning pedophilia topics as well. I'm okay with putting restrictions on freedom of speech... ONLY ON AN INTERNET FORUM though. No such restrictions should ever be made in the real world.

I'm not defending Humakt's position, I won't leave either... my position is that this limitation in particular is excessive, banning troll and spammers is not. I see a difference, the purpose of those guys talking about pedophilia was in line with the purpose of freedom of speech, thus it should be protected by it. The purpose of trolls and spammers is not, and so they can be limited.

As you said, trolling and spamming is pointless, that's a good enough reason to ban them. The pedophilia discussion wasn't pointless (imo) so there isn't a reason to ban it.

I'll be the first to say no right is absolute, I will also be the first to say the limitations are excessive if I think they are... well maybe not the first first, there's always someone faster out there Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
08-07-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't get all the hubbub (kids still use that word, don't they?)

This forum was never designed to be a place for everything and anything. It is geared toward discussion of religion; it's effects (including the personal), history, and practices. Everything else is extra. If you want to discuss why you think pedophilia should be accepted, or want to talk about why the Aryan race is superior, then go somewhere else. This forum doesn't have to host all discussions. There is free speech within the area of focus of the forum, and that is the important thing, I think.

I don't expect my gaming forum to host religious discussions, or my religion forum to host discussions on fabricating dangerous chemicals. Pedophilia discussions are apparently off-limits here, and that's that.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
08-07-2013, 05:56 PM
(08-07-2013 05:50 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  You're really gonna go to those lengths just to get a picture of my butt?

Wink
08-07-2013, 05:56 PM
"As soon as you feel the need to publicly explore any feelings about diddling your 10 yo niece. ... Or playing with a 5 yo boys little weewee. Seems clear enough to me. ... By my read, bestiality and necrophilia, however, are still on the table if you're interested."

I am basically here to explore my lack of belief of deities. In many places, you can be killed for lack of religious belief. My feeling is that we fight such ignorance! However, lets suppose that I am thinking of "diddling "my" 10 yo niece." Maybe, if I talked about that, in an open forum. I would learn that she would suffer! Maybe I would not do it, because of the help others had given me. That option has now been closed to me, here! So, maybe now, I'm headed to her bedroom! Because nobody could speak to me! Don't tell me that NOT speaking is the way to go! We talk folks! Or we will never understand!
Thread Closed