A message from Seth
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Exclamation RE: A message from Seth
I haven't logged in for a week or two... what exactly went on around here?

Just out of curiosity:
1. Who started this pedophile thread?
2. What did OP hope to accomplish with the thread?
3. How many pages was it (was it popular)?
4. Was the thread derailed? If so, what was the main focus from then on?

I'm just looking for a sentence or two for each question
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
08-07-2013, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 06:40 PM by Atothetheist.)
RE: A message from Seth
(08-07-2013 06:30 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  I haven't logged in for a week or two... what exactly went on around here?

Just out of curiosity:

1.) A user called Simgiran (pretty sure that's how ya spell it.)

2.) He was trying to define pedophilia in a clinical sense and explain that pedophiles =/= child molesters, and that pedophiles are not necessarily pedos by choice

3. It was quite popular, but the majority of the posts were from other users either bashing the OP, defending him from other users, and debating whether or not the topic is discussable or not. In other words, the OP barely had any involvement in the thread itself.

4.) You could technically call it derailed, as the things that were discussed in there were not about the OP (original POST) at all. But they did have something to do with pedophilia, just not the post or definition of it.

Hopefully this post was allowable as it was simply answering questions.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
08-07-2013, 06:42 PM
(08-07-2013 06:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  If any more discussions begin to move towards paedophilia this thread will be closed.

I agree.

At this point, it is a minuscule point to discuss it. It is over and done with. The decision was made for the community as a whole. I'm glad Seth gets that and I'm glad he made whatever decision he felt necessary.

Whether or not people (be it an admin or not) agree with it is a moot point.

If you don't like it... the only thing I can say is:
[Image: Deal_With_It.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
08-07-2013, 06:44 PM
(08-07-2013 06:30 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  I haven't logged in for a week or two... what exactly went on around here?

Just out of curiosity:

1.A new user

2. He was posting links to a pedo site that supposedly exists to support abstinent pedos

3. It was extremely popular because some dozen or so members here who had been sexually abused had attacks of PST because of the pedo explaining things that triggered them

4. The thread was derailed by partially me, although I did engage in conversation with the second pedo.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:2. He was posting links to a pedo site that supposedly exists to support abstinent pedos

That was NOT the OP, and Not the intention of the thread.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-07-2013, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 06:55 PM by Dark Light.)
(08-07-2013 10:36 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 10:24 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  As far as I can tell you are trolling right now.

Actually, this comment you just made can be considered such. I asked you a valid question. This is the only way you can respond?

Let me remind you that it is not I that brought the subject of censorship up first. I was asleep when all of this went down. I was ready to thank Seth and move on after his post. But the replies that followed Seth were:

"I disagree with Seth and think this is censorship, but his word is final and I'm okay with that."

And here you are, after my having questioned that rationale, telling us to move on. Yet, you had to add at the end of that remark that you are against the censorship. You effectively did not take your own advice.

That's a negative ghost rider. I don't agree with a lot of rules that I follow, and encourage others to follow. I don't smoke pot, but I still voice my political views that are in opposition. You can call me a hypocrite if you you wish, but that is not trolling. Trolling is trying to get people riled up for the sake of doing so. I didn't do that. You on the other hand I have serious doubts about. By your definition of trolling anytime anyone did something under protest they would be trolling. I accept the ruling, but I do not agree with it. At this point in time there is no point in arguing further, at least that is what I believe, and that is what I am saying.

Also you shouldn't use quote marks unless it is a direct quote. It is the same spirit as my post, but you paraphrased. 'This is fine' "This is not fine"

08-07-2013, 06:52 PM
(08-07-2013 06:48 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
Quote:2. He was posting links to a pedo site that supposedly exists to support abstinent pedos

That was NOT the OP, and Not the intention of the thread.

Yeah, it was the second pedo who did that.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-07-2013, 06:52 PM
I hate to see people still fighting over this. Can't we just move on? Sad Ill show you pictures of my cool stuff if it helps

[Image: IMAG1141.jpg?t=1373252538]

The piggie is my favourite
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-07-2013, 06:59 PM
(08-07-2013 06:52 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I hate to see people still fighting over this. Can't we just move on? Sad Ill show you pictures of my cool stuff if it helps

Portal!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
08-07-2013, 07:00 PM
(08-07-2013 06:52 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I hate to see people still fighting over this. Can't we just move on? Sad Ill show you pictures of my cool stuff if it helps

This is my god

[Image: beta_zpsb5df493f.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
Thread Closed